Stockton 23/24 thread

Now the question is what’s the long term and short term for Colby with the Kings?
Short term. Probably g-league and occasional rotation appearances when injuries happen.

long term, they may view him as a replacement for Monk if we lose him this off-season. I hope that doesn’t happen and it might not unless Monk wants starter minutes and some team blows their wad to get him.

Colby is a ball handler and offensive minded combo guard. I think that conflicts with Monk right now(who is handling the ball and making plays far more than last season) which is why he was put back out from the rotation even though he was playing well.

An off the ball 3 and D minded combo guard like Keon is ideal for the rotation at this time. Though we’re still waiting on that 3. Davion will likely get back in unless Keon can start getting some shots off

Warhawk

Give blood and save a life!
Staff member
Last edited:
Kris Murray had a solid 24, 8 and 5 game against Stockton last night. Weird that the Blazers aren't really giving him minutes to develop. TD also played for Rip City with 15 points.
Davis put up a huge game a week or so ago. Shot looks really good. Still baffled that nobody picked him up,....regardless, he'll be back in the league. There's been plenty of games where the Kings could have used him.

There were some highlight videos of TD's "defense" that I watched last year. They showed me all I ever needed to see. These videos prob showed the entire league the exact same thing.

There were some highlight videos of TD's "defense" that I watched last year. They showed me all I ever needed to see. These videos prob showed the entire league the exact same thing.
There's lots of videos showing the defense of the entire Kings team, with most of the players making basic mistakes and bad decisions. Have you seen how bad Sabonis', Fox, and Huerter's defense is on a regular basis?

Last edited:
Kris Murray had a solid 24, 8 and 5 game against Stockton last night. Weird that the Blazers aren't really giving him minutes to develop. TD also played for Rip City with 15 points.
yeh I’ve wondered the same. They are playing Jabari Walker and Camara instead right now. Walker has actually been really good. Will they trade Grant? I have not seen one rumor about him but that would free up some playing time for him.

yeh I’ve wondered the same. They are playing Jabari Walker and Camara instead right now. Walker has actually been really good. Will they trade Grant? I have not seen one rumor about him but that would free up some playing time for him.
Yeah I don't understand playing Camara over Kris. Billups obviously thinks he's better right now. Admittedly, I don't fully understand what Portland is even attempting to do. I think they're kind of attempting to do what the Thunder did last year and be a play in team while developing their young talent but it's hard to say and obviously a pipe dream at this point. Maybe @pdxKingsFan can chime in?

There's lots of videos showing the defense of the entire Kings team, with most of the players making basic mistakes and bad decisions. Have you seen how bad Sabonis', Fox, and Huerter's defense is on a regular basis?

The two are not the same.
Not even in the same galaxy.

Just saying what I've seen.

TD is not what we need. It's saying something if every single team has passed on him.

The two are not the same.
Not even in the same galaxy.

Just saying what I've seen.

TD is not what we need.
It's just been interesting how certain guys are called out for bad defensive plays, while others...who are regularly just as bad, are not. Perception is not always accurate, when you start to look in detail at how the team defense fails, with multiple guys at fault

If TD was one of the highest ppg players or one of the best rebounders per game it might be a little different.

Huerter is atrocious and Barnes is slow. If players aren't bringing anything on either end then, yes, it would be different.

Imho keegs took a leap defensively and Fox has improved. Rebounding is a defensive stat, but again, I agree the team collectively is bad. What I'm saying is TD would make us take a step backward.

Try not throwing the entire team under the bus to win an argume t about about a guy that ian't even in the league.

If TD was one of the highest ppg players or one of the best rebounders per game it might be a little different.

Huerter is atrocious and Barnes is slow. If players aren't bringing anything on either end then, yes, it would be different.

Imho keegs took a leap defensively and Fox has improved. Rebounding is a defensive stat, but again, I agree the team collectively is bad. What I'm saying is TD would make us take a step backward.

Try not throwing the entire team under the bus to win an argume t about about a guy that ian't even in the league.
Not interested in winning anything here. If I think the team defense and technique is bad, I'll say so, whenever I care to.

My opinion is the team would be better with Davis, instead of Duarte