Stockton 23/24 thread

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Gotta give Anjali Ranadive credit, this Stockton roster is full of players that might actually be useful to the Kings at some point.

Are Stockton games decently attended? I watched the highlights of this game and there looked to be about 20 people in the stands. Granted it was a Tuesday but that’s pretty rough. Probably doesn’t help that the Gleague team is in the same city as the bug club. They have a bunch of draft picks on this roster so it should have been intriguing for diehards.

Are Stockton games decently attended? I watched the highlights of this game and there looked to be about 20 people in the stands. Granted it was a Tuesday but that’s pretty rough. Probably doesn’t help that the Gleague team is in the same city as the bug club. They have a bunch of draft picks on this roster so it should have been intriguing for diehards.
Same region, not the same city. Depending upon route, it’s upwards of 60 miles away. Practically the same driving distance as to Napa, which is the North Bay.

I wish they would have been there when I lived in Stockton. Went to a bunch of Thunder games since my BiL got tix through work. And I'm not even much of a hockey fan. They were well attended. Id say 60 to 80% filled.

Warhawk

Give blood and save a life!
Staff member
I wish they would have been there when I lived in Stockton. Went to a bunch of Thunder games since my BiL got tix through work. And I'm not even much of a hockey fan. They were well attended. Id say 60 to 80% filled.
Yeah, the Thunder games were great. The Heat not so much. Changing the name and swapping out the teams killed the attendance somewhat.
I've been to a couple of Stockton Kings games over the past year or so and they are generally pretty sparsely attended.

That's just great drafting from Monte McNair. With their depth, the Kings don't really need Colby Jones right now. But he's looking like a legitimate NBA talent out there, awaiting his opportunity to crack the rotation in the event of an injury or in the event that McNair packages a few Kings in a trade for an upgrade. For now, they can move him back and forth between Stockton and the big club and bring him along comfortably without any pressure. It's been awhile since the Kings were able to draft players that don't have expectations heaped upon them because they're joining a deep, successful team.

Colby is talented. I think Stockton provides him an opportunity to work on being a lead ball handler. I don’t think he’s ready for that at the NBA level yet - but I think Kings envision him as a guy that can be developed to handle point guard duties.