Starting lineup going forward - Fox, Buddy, Bogs, Barnes, WCS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ugh.... hate it. Bogi absolutely shouldn’t be starting. Barnes should be a Small Forward, and Bagley should be starting.
You're kidding me. I want to die.

So we finally fill our size issue at SF, and now we want to move that SF to PF and insert another small player into the SF spot instead.

Therefore, we are somehow going from small at the 3, to small at the 3 and 4, AFTER acquiring a big SF. Ok got it.

SLAB

Hall of Famer

So we finally fill our size issue at SF, and now we want to move that SF to PF and insert another small player into the SF spot instead.

Therefore, we are somehow going from small at the 3, to small at the 3 and 4, AFTER acquiring a big SF. Ok got it.
All while managing to keep one of our top-3 players on the bench still.

Joerger said all along he wanted a stretch 4. Barnes is a stretch 4. We just lost to the the best team in the game by 2 with Draymond, Steph, and KD going off. I think we will be just fine. Moreover, it doesn't matter who starts games; it matters who ends games. Bagley has been ending games lately.

Ugh.... hate it. Bogi absolutely shouldn’t be starting. Barnes should be a Small Forward, and Bagley should be starting.
As if our disadvantage on the glass wasn't enough already.

How long is he going to keep Bagley on the bench? Is he going to squeeze Bjelica (or god forbid, Giles) out of the rotation? As much as I bag on Bjelica and how much Brewer was awesome tonight, Bjelica is the better player at this point in their careers.

Fox-Buddy-Barnes-Bagley-WCS and Yogi-Burks-Bogdan-Bjelica-Giles looks better than Fox-Buddy-Bogdan-Barnes-WCS and Yogi-Burks-Brewer-Bagley-Giles.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Joerger said all along he wanted a stretch 4. Barnes is a stretch 4. We just lost to the the best team in the game by 2 with Draymond, Steph, and KD going off. I think we will be just fine. Moreover, it doesn't matter who starts games; it matters who ends games. Bagley has been ending games lately.
Barnes should be a well sized 3, and the number 2 pick in the draft, a PF, should be playing PF.

Joerger’s done a lot right this season. This absolutely isn’t one of them.

Yea but we lost the other games by a similar margin so it's not like it was an improvement. I get what you're saying though.

interesting. should this be a thread?
Probably. I’m a proponent of the bench needing Bogdan(especially if Burks doesn’t find his offense) and if Bjeli gets doghouse’d then Bagley takes the PF spot.

Seems strange to get a true 3
And then immediately put a SG back at small forward and have Harrison Barnes guarding Draymond Green while 6 foot 6 Bogdan is fed to Durant

He's had stretch 4s that he underutilizes. Casspi could've done that, and Bjelica is right there. Pushing Barnes into the stretch 4 role when A. He's not hitting his shots anyway and B. There's a logjam of 4s on the team to go along with a dearth of 3s makes no sense.

gunks

Hall of Famer
Barnes should be a well sized 3, and the number 2 pick in the draft, a PF, should be playing PF.

Joerger’s done a lot right this season. This absolutely isn’t one of them.
Playing devil's advocate here. ...

I think Joerger likes Bags off the bench as the main scorer on the 2nd unit, replacing Bogs in that role. I don't mind it, because off the bench, Bags will be more able to alpha dog it as a 1st option.

Now that I typed all that out...

I totally agree with you that Bagley should start and Barnes should be our 3! But ah well, as long as Joerger wants to do this, might as well squint and try to see how it COULD work.

Playing devil's advocate here. ...

I think Joerger likes Bags off the bench as the main scorer on the 2nd unit, replacing Bogs in that role. I don't mind it, because off the bench, Bags will be more able to alpha dog it as a 1st option.

Now that I typed all that out...

I totally agree with you that Bagley should start and Barnes should be our 3! But ah well, as long as Joerger wants to do this, might as well squint and try to see how it COULD work.
Agree. Bagley starting makes the most sense. We don’t have a true alpha on offense anyhow. Start the man.

Probably. I’m a proponent of the bench needing Bogdan(especially if Burks doesn’t find his offense) and if Bjeli gets doghouse’d then Bagley takes the PF spot.

Seems strange to get a true 3
And then immediately put a SG back at small forward and have Harrison Barnes guarding Draymond Green while 6 foot 6 Bogdan is fed to Durant
This is exactly what I'm saying. I absolutely hate it. Bogdan has been the primary scorer off the bench and secondary playmaker so we are losing a ton of production on the 2nd unit.

Also, I really feel like Bogi as a starter is overkill. Too many cooks in the kitchen

Joerger says Fox, Buddy, Bogdan, Barnes, Willie is the lineup going forward

I will say it certainly gives the Kings a dangerous edge. Every player with the exception of Willie is a threat with the ball. We need to see more driving opportunities from Barnes. He's probably the 2nd best at it behind Fox. Willie and Bagley together, well, I'm not a fan.

I will say it certainly gives the Kings a dangerous edge. Every player with the exception of Willie is a threat with the ball. We need to see more driving opportunities from Barnes. He's probably the 2nd best at it behind Fox. Willie and Bagley together, well, I'm not a fan.
Solid lineup which plays to our strengths. We have guard and wing depth with Burks, brewer and Yogi. I liked our rotations tonight.

I guess the first substitute is Bagley for Bogdan, which moves Barnes to 3. this was done at 6 minutes in both 1st and 3rd today I believe.
I'd prefer Bagley start too but both fox and dave throughout the season have stated that the effectiveness of the system depends on a stretch 4 and this is just how it's going to be. Bagley will dominate with the second unit

At this point it feels like Joerger is keeping Marvin on the bench exclusively to pee Brandon Williams off.

Hahaha, probably but Marvin off the bench is a huge plus for this team. He's been able to be that bridge to get rest for the Kings top guys. If he can keep putting up stats from the bench like tonight then those under 20 point quarters that have been a huge thorn in this teams side will be a thing of the past. I think Joerger is playing this right at the moment. The only thing I don't like is the units he's put out there that seemingly have little shooting ability. I just don't see the advantages of playing Willie and Bagley together to be honest. That and him letting them get away from pick and roll for as many as 6-7 straight possessions or more and watching the floundering ensue will hold this team back.

All while managing to keep one of our top-3 players on the bench still.
I think coach just likes having Marvin enter into the flow of the game. I'm not sure totally why, but assuming he feels it takes a little bit of pressure off a young player. Marvin did lead the team in minutes last night so not really worried about that. If the match-up is OK, I don't really care who is starting, but it did feel a little bit curious last night to open with Bogi trying to guard Durant.

Status
Not open for further replies.