Starting lineup going forward - Fox, Buddy, Bogs, Barnes, WCS

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve said for two years Buddy/Bogdan should be starting on the wings, so, yeah, it’s good. You know my opinion on Beli, he’s a PF WCS. Low motor/energy/lack of paint presence. You can’t have two of that starting

Start your best players. Hopefully Marvin moves into C after a summer in the weight room

Not happy. But will let the results speak for themselves and reevaluate in a couple weeks.
End of the day we've got to give it a chance. There is a rational to it so it's not just mindlessness. Bjelly hasnt produced since the first quarter of the season and we need someone who stretches the floor at PF. Bagley is it, once he adds range but as of now he doesn't. Barnes is an upgrade at the 4 and bogi let's us leverage our strong depth moving into the starting unit

Barnes should be a well sized 3, and the number 2 pick in the draft, a PF, should be playing PF.

Joerger’s done a lot right this season. This absolutely isn’t one of them.
It might be understandable if these guys were shooting well and Joeger wanted to ride the hot hand. But that’s not close to the situation. In fact, it’s the opposite. Here is the true shooting percentage the last 10 games:

Bogdan. 47.4%
Bagley 54.6%
Bjelicia 58.5%
Barnes 49.6%

So you’re keeping two guys on the bench with almost 55% or better true shooting percentage and replacing them with 2 guys shooting under 50% true shooting percentage.

I have never down the stretch seen a coach go smaller and with the cold hand. It’s blanking unexplainable.

Last edited:
End of the day we've got to give it a chance. There is a rational to it so it's not just mindlessness. Bjelly hasnt produced since the first quarter of the season and we need someone who stretches the floor at PF. Bagley is it, once he adds range but as of now he doesn't. Barnes is an upgrade at the 4 and bogi let's us leverage our strong depth moving into the starting unit
This is flat out incorrect. I just posted their true shooting percentages in the last 10 games.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I couldn't possibly agree more.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Going smaller but in turn, the Kings get faster and add more ball handling in Bogs & Barnes. They just need to start knocking down some long distance shots because Fox & Willie are two players who can't spread the floor very well.

I’ve said for two years Buddy/Bogdan should be starting on the wings, so, yeah, it’s good. You know my opinion on Beli, he’s a PF WCS. Low motor/energy/lack of paint presence. You can’t have two of that starting

Start your best players. Hopefully Marvin moves into C after a summer in the weight room
If you are going to call someone low motor/energy it would be nice to provide some actual evidence to support your point.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Yeah and Dwayne Casey won Coach of the Year and got fired.
Nothing like a good old straw man argument.

My point was, since you seemed to have missed it, that Joerger is being lauded for how far the Kings have come under his tutelage this year. Our team is being respected for the first time in over a decade. Are you trying to say it's in spite of Joerger? You may not agree with how he does things and you might do them differently, but I'll trust his judgment since he is the one actually sitting in the job.

Yeah, it's a different game. It's fitting that Nelly was being celebrated last night because the game has transformed around a vision he had a huge hand in creating and the basis of that is you ride on the backs of the most talented players you have on your roster.

Bjeli is a stretch 4 so I guess it's like saying he's Willie with a 3 point shot which for the team is needed, but I understand your point. I don't like the idea of him being pushed out because much like Kosta, they do make the team less erratic just by their presence but there is no reason he should be pushed out regardless. When called upon I'm sure he'll be ready to contribute.

Love that other professional NBA coaches are confused by what Joerger is doing. Might explain why Joerger has this team playing 15-20 games over expectations.

Lets be honest though, that bar was obviously set much lower than it should have been last season too. We all saw that train wreck. They are finally playing the right way and surprise they don't suck. This stretch to end the year is where we see what we've got at the coaching spot because now teams are adjusting. More pick and roll please.

The Joeger hate by some in the Kings fan base is so perplexing.
I can think of no better coaching job in my history with the NBA. Literally, reinvented the entire system, with basically the same players, over a summer. As a result, the team has obliterated expectations.
Honestly, I think fans should back off, shut it, and continue to let the man do his work. He’s earned it.

So if he wants to start the SF we never had at PF, I’ll let it be because his results warrant the trust.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I can think of no better coaching job in my history with the NBA. Literally, reinvented the entire system, with basically the same players, over a summer. As a result, the team has obliterated expectations.
Honestly, I think fans should back off, shut it, and continue to let the man do his work. He’s earned it.

So if he wants to start the SF we never had at PF, I’ll let it be because his results warrant the trust.
It's a shame the threads from 2001 and 2002 were lost. There were some Kings fans calling for Adelman's head, even in the midst of the WCF.

Nothing like a good old straw man argument.

My point was, since you seemed to have missed it, that Joerger is being lauded for how far the Kings have come under his tutelage this year. Our team is being respected for the first time in over a decade. Are you trying to say it's in spite of Joerger? You may not agree with how he does things and you might do them differently, but I'll trust his judgment since he is the one actually sitting in the job.
Does some good and some bad.

Expectations were ridiculously low for this team in October. It was classic contrarian indicators where no one had anything good to say about the Kings. The expectations for the Kings should have been around 35 wins.

This move, in my opinion, is poor. Kings have consistently gone with a small lineup all year to poor results. If Barnes was shooting well I might support it but currently he is shooting as poorly as Jackson and those line-ups cost us games.

Isn’t the point of a message board to discuss the team good and bad?

His results are only extraordinary if you really think this group of players was a 26 win team otherwise.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
True but you often state why are you questioning xx. It’s kind of the point of this site isn’t it?
Apples and rutabagas, dear sactowndog. I could ask why you so often hint at insider knowledge, using that as a frequent rationale for your opinions.

At this point, it's pretty clear you just don't like what I say or how I say it. That's cool, but it seems kind of silly to keep pretending it's about anything else. You've now brought up the obvious fact that this is a message board AND tried to redefine for me the point of the site. Thanks ever so and bless your heart.

Well, with last years record as evidence, 26-30 was about right.
Then the coach completely remade the system. To ignore the coaching adjustments is to let a bias show.
No it wasn’t close to right. They played their best players limited minutes and it was clear many of them were young and would improve. If our best players played 30-34 minutes last year it might have been. But one had to merely extend their minutes to see it was flawed.

Yes moving away from ZBo to a running system was a good move. I said Joeger has done some good and some bad.

Apples and rutabagas, dear sactowndog. I could ask why you so often hint at insider knowledge, using that as a frequent rationale for your opinions.

At this point, it's pretty clear you just don't like what I say or how I say it. That's cool, but it seems kind of silly to keep pretending it's about anything else. You've now brought up the obvious fact that this is a message board AND tried to redefine for me the point of the site. Thanks ever so and bless your heart.
You are wrong. I like what you say about the team. I appreciate your enthusiasm. I just question why you go after posters who have a critique of the team. If it’s random opinion yes but at least in my case I try to put facts such as true shooting percentage

Status
Not open for further replies.