Sixers hire Jordan...

As reported by a poster on another forum who cites a Phillies broadcast note.

Now I hope the Kings offer the job to Thibodeau.

Last edited:
S

sactownfan

Well its being reported on ESPN that the sixers have only offer the job to him... so.... yeah its probably true

that leaves

westphal
ettore messina
tom thiboddeau
kurt rambis
Avery Johnson
Uh, Avery Johnson isn't a possibility. Check my other thread. He won't be part of a coaching search, as he wants to be the only candidate, not one of several. Plus he wants too much money.

Notified Mike and Grant on 1140 via e-mail a few minutes ago then stepped out. Did they get around to announcing it to the rest of sacramento yet?

that leaves

westphal
ettore messina
tom thiboddeau
kurt rambis
Avery Johnson
I am unimpressed with that list.
Westphal - retread
Thiboddeau - secret to defensive genius? = add Garnett to the team. It's not Thiboddeau's fault the C's play great defense.
Kurt Rambis - purple and gold. purple and gold...
Avery Johnson - Fired by his players.

We need to find someone else. Someone marquee that we can get behind as fans too.

My friend keeps bringing up Patrick Ewing (LOL)

Thiboddeau - secret to defensive genius? = add Garnett to the team. It's not Thiboddeau's fault the C's play great defense
Ugh, he was also an assistant with JVG with his defensive teams. He's been a good defensive coach for quite some time. Why do people constantly say this about the Celtics? People act like Boston made Thibodeau's reputation and resume. He was good before Boston. And KG didn't make PP, Allen, and Rondo play defense. Tom got that entire team on the same page and got different types of players who weren't known as good defenders before to play very well on that end together.

Ugh, he was also an assistant with JVG with his defensive teams. He's been a good defensive coach for quite some time. Why do people constantly say this about the Celtics? People act like Boston made Thibodeau's reputation and resume. He was good before Boston. And KG didn't make PP, Allen, and Rondo play defense. Tom got that entire team on the same page and got different types of players who weren't known as good defenders before to play very well on that end together.
Garnett is a defense virus. His intensity is extremely contagious. Thiboddeau would look nothing like the genius he is presented as if it were not for the quality of his stars.

Adelman should be considered more of a defensive genius given the evidence we have.

Garnett is a defense virus. His intensity is extremely contagious. Thiboddeau would look nothing like the genius he is presented as if it were not for the quality of his stars.

Adelman should be considered more of a defensive genius given the evidence we have.
First off, I don't give KG that much credit. He isn't single handedly responsible for their great defensive play last season. I just don't believe he was responsible for everybody else playing much better defense.

And again, Tom didn't have KG for the rest of his career where he proved to be a great defensive coach.

It's true you can't make a good defensive team without good defensive players, but I keep seeing comments about how Tom wasn't known before the Celtics won, and that's total BS.

rainmaker

Hall of Famer
I'm glad it seems Jordan is no longer an option. He was never that high on my list. I really would like to see the kings bring in JVG and Doug Collins for interviews. They were both mentioned as candidates in the sixers search, so I'm assuming they are interested in coaching next year.

I'm glad it seems Jordan is no longer an option. He was never that high on my list. I really would like to see the kings bring in JVG and Doug Collins for interviews. They were both mentioned as candidates in the sixers search, so I'm assuming they are interested in coaching next year.
JVG nor Collins are interested in the Kings job. Collins just wanted to return to Philly, and he didn't have any other location on his radar. JVG was reported to have no immediate interest in returning to the league, and would probably not want the Kings job anyway.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
We aren't going to get a marquee name anyway.

I just want someone who will be adequate in the fullest sense of the word. Greatness can come later...

Front runner based on what?!
Well, based on a few assumptions / things we know.

First, Westphal already has a job that will pay him more money than we should offer.

Thibodeau currently has no contract with the Celtics, They will resign him if he wants to come back, but he is a free agent.

Thats all I got, there is Rambis, but I think Thibodeau is a overall better candidate.

I think when it's all said and done, Petrie will have to chose from:

Tom Thibedeau
Paul Westphal
Avery Johnson
Mo Cheeks
Kurt Rambis
Byron Scott(if the Maloofs buy out the last year of his contract and NOLA releases him...doubtful)