Sixers hire Jordan...

Did you just write that whole article Brick? That was very well put together. I believed it for a second...

As far as our coach goes, I really hope we pick up Paul Westphal. He has the best coaching record out of anyone left (sans Avery who was a product of his All-Star team) and as I recall he was a huge part of building the Suns into a good team. Thats what we are looking for is it not?

Report: Kings Set to Rehire St. Jean
Saturday, May 30, 2009
By Tish Folluf

Frustrated in their efforts to turn back the coaching clock to the Eddie Jordan era in Sacramento, the Kings have apparently decided to reach back even further.

Gary St. Jean, 158-256 in five seasons at the helm of the Kings in the mid 1990s, is reportedly set to be announced on Monday as Sacramento's new head coach.

St. Jean, who led the Kings to their first playoff appearance in the Sacramento era in 1996, understands the challenges ahead of him.

"Frankly, we're just not very good right now," he said. "But one of the reasons that Geoff (Petrie) told me they wanted to hire me was because I have experience coaching teams nearly as bad."

Per team policy terms were not disclosed, but St. Jean's deal is believed to be for five years.

"We wanted to try to restablish some consistency at the coaching positon," Petrie said. "We felt the best way to avoid the turnover problems we have been having was to award Gary with a longer term deal."

Link
That is just plain cruel.

I only managed to read the headline, when things went hazy and I felt this great pain. Now that I've been released from the hospital following my heart attack, thanks a lot, Brick! ;)

Where does that leave Brian Shaw? Last time around GP wanted him but the Maloof's insisted on Reggie Theus. Before that, GP was said to be asking for Rick Adelman to remain, but the Maloof's went gaga over a Musselman power point presentation. At least so far this time, the owners have said they're basically removed from the process and will likely sign off on whoever GP recommends.

I think half the names on this list are not under consideration at all for reasons discussed a thousand times here recently.
I'd love to see Shaw, but it doesn't sound like thats what Geoff is looking for unfortunately...a Shaw/Horry coaching tandem would be fine with me...but haven't even heard his name on the radar this time.

hes going to run the princeton at the sixers?! good luck asking dalembert to shoot top of the key shots! and asking him to facilitate the offense