SI: Kings trying to ship out Bibby before trade deadline

haha. great quote from the yahoo article.

Drew Gooden holds modest appeal as part of a package that would include a first-round pick, but as one source close to the negotiations said, "No one with the Kings is going yippee over getting him."
pretty much sums up the feelings around here too it seems.

Here's an article from an Akron paper:

Cavs go after point guard
Trading deadline today; GM Ferry tries to work out deal for Kings' Bibby
By Brian Windhorst and George M. Thomas
Beacon Journal sportswriters

With the trading deadline fast approaching at 3 p.m. today, the Cavaliers are in an aggressive scramble to make a blockbuster trade.

General Manager Danny Ferry has eyed Sacramento Kings point guard Mike Bibby for weeks, and the team stepped up its efforts to put together a deal for him during the past 48 hours.

League sources said Ferry is willing to do something risky to land a player of Bibby's stature, despite the Cavs winning five of their past six games and reaching a high-water mark of 10 games better than .500.

The Kings' main target on the Cavs' roster is Drew Gooden. But more pieces are needed, including a point guard to replace Bibby and expiring contracts that the Cavs don't have.

The Cavs have been scrambling to find the right pieces. Sources have said that they've spoken to the Phoenix Suns, Minnesota Timberwolves and the Toronto Raptors, among others, about putting a package together.

Neither Ferry nor Kings GM Geoff Petrie were optimistic about a deal late Wednesday, but the sides were still working.

Bibby has the option to get out of his contract at season's end, which could make a team queasy about trading for him. But that stumbling block might be eased for the Cavs, because Bibby is represented by agent David Falk, who is also Ferry's agent.

http://www.ohio.com/mld/beaconjournal/16752845.htm

I really do not like agreeing with him, I rarely ever do and consider it an insult to my intelligence if I happen to do so ;) , but Mike Lam said something that I really thought was true today. When Petrie does a deal, what we we hear? Nothing, not a thing. The trade happens and we never saw it coming. But when the Maloofs are involved, for example like last years, last summer, we hear all about it.

Its their team, they are putting in the financial support but I'd rather them stay out of it =/

Good job by Petrie to turn that Banks deal down. I wouldn't mind getting Gooden. At least we'd have more of a legit young PF that is one of the best rebounders in the league and is developing some offensive skills. I don't get all the undersized comments. He is a pretty big dude! Got to be at least 250-260.

I really do not like agreeing with him, I rarely ever do and consider it an insult to my intelligence if I happen to do so ;) , but Mike Lam said something that I really thought was true today. When Petrie does a deal, what we we hear? Nothing, not a thing. The trade happens and we never saw it coming. But when the Maloofs are involved, for example like last years, last summer, we hear all about it.

Its their team, they are putting in the financial support but I'd rather them stay out of it =/
I doubt the Maloofs are having much to do with this. They were neck deep in All-Star festivites. GP is close-mouthed, but when that much talk is going on among that many teams, other people aren't so close-mouthed. Its bound to get out to the media.

Here's an article from an Akron paper:

Cavs go after point guard
Trading deadline today; GM Ferry tries to work out deal for Kings' Bibby
By Brian Windhorst and George M. Thomas
Beacon Journal sportswriters
The Kings' main target on the Cavs' roster is Drew Gooden.
Main target? I don't buy that. I'm more likely to believe the source reported by yahoo.com saying that no one on the Kings is going "yippeee" over Gooden. At least I seriously hope the Kings could care less about getting Gooden.

I predict an anti-climactic move of Bibby to somebody besides the Cavs, that will have us all scratching our heads and at the same time calling for Petrie's on a platter.

Since it appears that the Cavs are the ones calling other teams to try and get the Kings something they'll trade Bibby for, it looks like maybe nothing may happen. Not because the Kings won't trade Bibby, but because they won't be able to get what they want for him.

The only name I like is AV...and he's a FA this summer. Im not thrilled about shipping Bibby...but if your cleaning house what about Miller and K9.

agreed, im not too thrilled either....brad miller is havin a career low season, or atleast not what he was doin b4...id start there

but anyways being a fan on the east coast is no fun, its 2am and imtired.

Im goin to the game tomorrow and will be taking pictures n posting them. :)

What makes people think that Miller won't be shopped around? Market is interested in Bibby and we are willing to trade him. We can't get rid off everyone at the same time. Just doesn't happen. Moving K9 is just about impossible. I am sure Petrie would do it if it was better for the team. No point trading K9 for a "K9 clone" with just as bad if not a worse contract.

Rome wasn't built in a day ;)

Main target? I don't buy that. I'm more likely to believe the source reported by yahoo.com saying that no one on the Kings is going "yippeee" over Gooden. At least I seriously hope the Kings could care less about getting Gooden.

Actually during the summer there was a lot of talk, and confirmed at that, that the Kings were very interested in acquiring Drew Gooden in free agency or sign and trade. I think the Kings are still interested in Gooden.

There are a few things I really like about the Gooden deal, #1)Gooden's contract only has 3 years left on it and tops out at about $7mill., #2)He's young, 6-10, and a damn better option that what we have now...and that would obviously be the kiss of death for K-9, FINALLY! #3)extra money to spend this offseason. #4)if this happens, it will finally symbolize the beginning of 'blowing up the team', and get the re-building started.

There are a few things I really like about the Gooden deal, #1)Gooden's contract only has 3 years left on it and tops out at about $7mill., #2)He's young, 6-10, and a damn better option that what we have now...and that would obviously be the kiss of death for K-9, FINALLY! #3)extra money to spend this offseason. #4)if this happens, it will finally symbolize the beginning of 'blowing up the team', and get the re-building started.
Good points on Gooden! :p He's a local Oakland kid, good size, young, good rebounder. Heck he is an improvement over Kenny and SAR maybe at least defensively and with grabbing rebounds. I really really would love to get AV as so many others, but the Cavs are really guarding him and him and LeBron are really untouchables. It would be cool to get Pollard back at least for 1/2 the season until his contract expires and then maybe sign him for the league min. after that. The guy is a hard worker and I love his presence on and off the court! :D

At least with Gooden and KT we would be a good rebounding team for the first time in like forever!

I wouldn't mind Gooden at PF moving forward. Getting younger still.

More rumors... Portland in on the deal now?

One of the biggest rumors circulating was a blockbuster deal involving at least three, and possibly four, teams. The three known teams are Portland, Sacramento and Cleveland. The centerpiece player of the transaction would be Sacramento's veteran point guard Mike Bibby, who would take some of the scoring load off superstar LeBron James in Cleveland.
http://www.journaltimes.com/nucleus/index.php?itemid=11038