"Santa Cuz"

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
While I obviously recognize the sarcasm, you should realize that your comment will be taken out of context and become part and parcel of the Google universe. It's happened before and it will undoubtedly happen again.

I watched several different news briefs of Cousins at the store yesterday with all the kids. He was incredible and a wonderful ambassador for the team. I've got a lot of complaints about the Maloofs but it's admirable that they continue to support community outreach efforts like this. And it's not just Cousins. At very times, every single member of the team is out doing public service work.

K

KingMilz

Lol I think all those people calling the show last week would be thinking SatanCuz lol but it goes to show hes deep down a good guy imo

bajaden

Hall of Famer
Lol I think all those people calling the show last week would be thinking SatanCuz lol but it goes to show hes deep down a good guy imo
Basketball is a game! In Cousins case, its his profession. In most cases, none of us are ultimately judged in life by what we did at work, unless our name is Vanderbilt or Ford. Were judged by how we raised our kids, how we treated our friends, or even, how many friends we had. Acts of kindness and generosity mean more in life than how many baskets you scored in a game. Unfortunately, we tend to put too much emphasis on things that may touch peoples lives, but not change them. So kudo's to Cousins, and any other player on the Kings thats willing to give of himself for those less fortunate.

The Cousins you see in that video is why, even though he frustrates me in games sometimes, I love that guy and hope he will be in Sacramento for a long time. He was so wonderful and comfortable with those kids.

I love Cousins and his guts as a basketball player and it is certainly nice to see Cousins participating in this kind of events. But I wouldn't interpret this kind of media/PR moves as Cousins being the nice guy. For all I know, it might be the idea of the Maloofs or Wells Fargo, and not Cousins himself initiating this event.

It's all PR move and something orchestrated. Hypocrisy at best to deceive the most naive people.

If you buy a land out there in the sea, then buy it.

Last edited:
This "SantaCuz" event was not sponsored by DeMarcus Cousins but was part of "NBA Cares." Thus, it was MSE initiated event, promoted by NBA. Obviously, because it was during Christmas season and gifts from Walmart were going to needy children it made sense that Santa was on hand to pass them out. They found a willing big smiling Santa in Cuz and kudos to the young man for bringing a bunch of little kids special joy. Kudos to Wells Fargo Bank for chipping in with great financial support and all the others who helped make it happen.

A lot of team members do a similar thing at Christmas. The NBA does put an emphasis on players getting actively involved in their communities and many Kings players have done exactly that over the years. And just because it may be league or team sponsored doesn't mean the players aren't sincere, don't want to do it, or don't really enjoy it. Many players also do good deeds on their own in the cities they play in as well as in their hometowns. Many realize how lucky they are to be where they are and love to help others.

Good grief, not everybody is as cynical about everything as some people around here seem to be.

It's been proven time and time again that Cuz is a very personable guy off the court, he's "funny" a "joker" "lighthearted."

I don't think anyone disputes that.

It's about controlling his temper in relation to the game of basketball that he clearly struggles with, it's two very separate worlds.