San Antonio vs. Detroit - NBA Finals

Who wins NBA Championship?

• Pistons

Votes: 34 34.7%
  • Spurs

Votes: 64 65.3%

• Total voters
PISTONS all the way. I think it will be a tough exciting series. I disagree with 6th, I think this team can by a dynasty. They play team ball and they have the heart. You do not have the one super star that feels like he has to rest everything on his shoulders. You have a great core group with one the best coaches in Larry Brown. I am NOT saying the Spurs and Pop can't do it. I think it will go to 7 and get physical at times. I just think the Pistons will take it again. They proved everybody wrong AGAIN!!!
REPEAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyone surprised that the two best defensive teams in the league are playing for the title? So, does offense sell tickets and defense win championships? As usual, generalities are flawed but as a rough rule of thumb I think you can say it's true. Now, Spurs in 6 because their defense will be better at shutting down Detroits offense than Detroit is at shutting down SA's offense. Spurs really have shown the league how good they are by being able to outscore Denver and Phoenix in games that ended in higher scores than Spurs usually allow. This matchup should result in 90-80 scores.

I gotta pull for the Pisterns here so Teemy loses as many opptys as possible in his title window. Both fanbases are repugnant to me though. Unfortnuately one of them will enjoy a title. Alas, I see SA winning. I predicted SA at the outset.

Hey, I am not repugnant. :):)

Although, if I saw Ron Artest walking down the street, I may be inclined to just huck my purse at him or something out of reflex only, but...........

thesanityannex said:
This will be one of the best position on position match ups the Finals has ever seen.
yeap, the West's been dominant in the Finals almost for the last decade, but this one.

T

thesanityannex

6th said:
Besides, I do not like the attitude of the Pistons..
The Pistons should give SOME of their attitude to the Kings, then you could like both teams, and the Kings would play harder.

striker said:
hmmmm ... everything I said about the Lakers is true and I'm thinking up some new insults as well.
Why don't we get along, striker? We're both Shaq haters now. Isn't that enough common ground?

loopymitch said:
^^ Garg, you need to quit!!! lol
Death to anyone who gets to lie down next to Maria at nite (except if it's me....if I were to win the new 12-state lotto coming to Cali this month, at which time I'll contact her agent and set up a meeting). ;)

I think the championship will go to the team that does not incur any major injury. I remember very well last year that Detroit won almost every series with the opposing teams incurring injuries. (2nd round:Nets-Kidd,3rd Round: Pacers-JOneil,Finals: Lakers-Malone) Much like this year's (EF: Heat-DWade, Finals: Duncan/Ginobili? ). I'm not taking away anything for the Detroit's play but i think those injuries have helped in every way for them winning it all. I'm thinking that with Detroit's play their opponents get's roughed up and some players break down. Since both teams match up very well, i say it will depend on who will have players left standing.

Big Ben must knock Tony and Manu on their *** and let them know that whenever they think about driving they will rememmber Ben. Not hurt them but definitly put them on the floor.

At least Ben won't have to guard Snaq anymore...

Wow, I can't even predict this series. It could be a sweep either way, or a 7 game series either way. They could have a situation where every team wins on their own floor, or on only their opponent's. All are lagit possiblities.