Who wins NBA Championship?

• Pistons

Votes: 34 34.7%
  • Spurs

Votes: 64 65.3%

• Total voters
jacobdrj said:
Wow, I can't even predict this series.
Agree .... this series really is A GAME-AT-A-TIME.

The only reason I'm going with San Anton in game #1 is THEY'RE HOME.

No analysis - no reasoning - no guessing

Only cuz they're HOME

striker said:
Hopefully this series goes seven because I have a bad feeling this will be the last NBA basketball we'll see for a while.
So sad and pessimistic, but SO TRUE.

To think the NHL strike made the owners take a HARDER line than before. Thats buisness logic eh?

(EDIT) Sorry, I meant LOCKOUT

Last edited:
He was on KNBR for a sec and said this should have been done a while ago and he was planning on it being done already but since its not he was worried or not sure about its time frame.

Playing the media Stern is. This IS becoming as bad as the NHL situation. Egos may start playing a role in this (even more). If so, we are doomed!

If I am not mistaken, I remember watching one of those Pistons Championsip reviews on ESPN Classic, and Laimbeer said something to the effect of "They say we havn't won in Portland for the past 10 years" or something to that effect. They won that series in a sweep if I am not mistaken.

Those stats don't mean much. Every one of those games were close. Last year, the Pistons were close, but that was the game Big Ben got injurred (not unlike this season with Duncan). Both were affected for the playoffs.

ITS GAME TIME!!!

Who are you all picking for game one.

I want to say Spurs because they are at home but Im not sure how the layoff will effect them and if they will come out to confident or not. I think the Pistons are very hungry and expect to see them steal game one.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
The game is about to start and the introduction of the Spurs has brought a tear to my eye because the SBC Center crowd reminds me so much of Arco...or how I imagine Arco would be if we ever get to the NBA Finals.

GO SPURS!!!

I know that Spurs have home court so obviously that favors them but I'm going to ask a stupid question. How is that determined in the finals? Is it the best record overall or between the 2 teams?

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
loopymitch said:
I know that Spurs have home court so obviously that favors them but I'm going to ask a stupid question. How is that determined in the finals? Is it the best record overall or between the 2 teams?
Best record overall.

thanks VF WTF is going on here?? I just turned it on and it looks like the extra days off really hurt Spurs. They'll get in their groove in a minute. GO GINOBLI

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
The Spurs will be fine, IMHO. Remember they played the Suns, who didn't do much in the way of defense. The Pistons are really pressing and making the Spurs work...hard. Pop isn't going to let it get too far out of hand. I'm already seeing a shift in how the Spurs handle the ball. They're tightening up and not doing any of the razzle dazzle they got away with in the Suns games.

GO SPURS!!!

Pistons' offense really struggling with only Chauncey playing well on offense. Game is tied at 33. I'm pulling for the Pistons in this one.

Pistons defense is toughhh. Spurs are having to move the ball like crazy and still not getting good looks. Lucky to be tied at this point.

Manu having a terrible first half, and Rip is shooting the ball pretty poorly as well. Whichever of those two played better was one of the main keys to this series, and both aren't really living up to expectations as this point.

Pistons with a 37-35 lead at halftime. Pistons probably kicking themselves for not taking a larger lead into the half. Spurs lucky to be down only two.

Well, don't expect things to get any easier for Manu once Prince returns back in the game. Hamilton on the other side is really getting a beatdown from both Ginobilli and Bruce Lee.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I would normally love to be able to listen in on half-time locker room discussions. This time, however, I am singularly glad I am nowhere near San Antonio. The Pistons have done an exemplary job of taking the Spurs out of their game... I can only imagine what Pop had to say.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Spurs starting to tighten the defensive rotations. Looks like the officials aren't going to be whistle happy, which I applaud.

And Ben Wallace is STILL scary...

;)

Pistons 3 for 12 in this third quarter, and now down 3. Is anyone going to show up for the Pistons on offense other than Chauncey?

No bet from me, but 'Sheed would be silly to lose his cool in this game. Pistons have a great chance to steal this game at this point, even considering the fact that they've given up entirely too many offensive rebounds, and are shooting the ball worse than the Spurs.