San Antonio vs. Detroit - NBA Finals

Who wins NBA Championship?

• Pistons

Votes: 34 34.7%
  • Spurs

Votes: 64 65.3%

• Total voters
Whoa --- Elden Campbell in the game for the last 90 seconds of the second quarter. Guess he's going to try to save BWallace from picking up his third foul. Smart play if McDyess can stay with Horry.

Parker takes quick advantage of BWallace's absense, though, and scores a layup.

Pistons last five or six field goals all layups or dunks, btw.

Chauncey out for the last 45 seconds to avoid picking up his 3rd foul. Manu out as well.

Parker hits one of two free throws to make the score 39 to 38 Pistons.

Evenstar said:
i'm amazed how often the pistons hold and get away with it. on every defensive possesion, they are holding a spur. it's ridiculous. lindsey hunter has been the primary guy.

nice parker!!!

ben wallace has been scoring prettywell, hey spurs, you might want to guard him. just a thought.

oh good they finally called something on hunter. SHOCKING! only his 2nd.

spurs, make your free throws!
Isn't that the same way Bowen and the Spurs generally play defense, though? Both teams are known for slowing the pace and clutching and grabbing.

Manu forced the action toward the end of the half, doesn't get a call, so Pistons lead by 1 at the half at 39 to 38.

Pistons avoid a major foul debacle by escaping the first half with only 'Sheed having 3 fouls. He'll have to play well the first six minutes or so of the 3rd to avoid picking up his 4th, but McDyess has had his back to this point in this game 7.

Spurs with only 4 turnovers in the first half --- a very good sign. They've given up a few too many offensive boards, but it hasn't hurt them too badly as they've been able to hit a high percentage of their threes to make up for it.

Anyone's ball game with 24 minutes left. This is exactly what I wanted out of this game 7.

i just love that peja shoe ad. his serbian is so sexy :D

i'm so nervous right now, and i'm having a hard time figuring out why. i'm rooting for the spurs, but it's not like they are my team ( KINGS BABY!!!) when the series is over, i'll go back to ehh ing the spurs. wierd.

just win, bring the trophy back west where it belongs, among the real elite of the NBA. not the wanna be leastern confrence where a sub .500 club can make the playoffs. the west scoffs at that, saying you want it, you better bring it, night in a night out.

LETS GO SPURS!

ut oh. duncan not getting up. very gingerly. NOT good news for the spurs. ok he's up.

3rd on billups.

YOU BETTER CALL THAT. it's about time.

4th foul on sheed. yikes and that was a hard foul. right at the neck.

Sheed with his 4th now, so he's out of the game for the rest of the quarter, I'd presume.

An interesting stat which I read after the last game: when Sheed scores 15 points or more, the Pistons are undefeated in this year's playoffs. When he scores less than 15 points, Pistons are .500.

To this point, Sheed has 2 points (hit the first shot of the game).

Score tied at 39.

T

thesanityannex

loopymitch said:
Eve I agree, win it for the west

Wouldn't it be awful if this game was decided because someone got hurt? A lot of fouls going around.
It's happened to the Kings so many times I actually wouldn't mind it. Not that I'm wishing it on anyone;)

wow something must be wrong with duncan. he's been missing some easy shots this series. that was a chippy he just missed. not just tonight, he's missed some easy shots all series. his bank shot has also disappeared

wow manu has been taking some terrible shots in the paint tonight. he needs to let the game come to him instead of forcing things.

ut oh. this could be the beginning of the end. spurs aren't playing any D, can't get anything going on the O end, that is BAD NEWS. i think i might need a breather.

Ben Wallace with his 3rd foul now with 9:30 left in the third quarter. Dangerous territory for the Pistons. They can't afford not to have any Wallace on the floor for the rest of this game.

Spurs open up the 3rd quarter on a very cold shooting streak (0-6), and Duncan is largely responsible (0-4). Pistons aren't really taking advantage though, and are only up 44 to 39.

Parker finally gets a field goal for the Spurs. Pistons lead is 48 to 41 at this point.

Spurs are serious about stopping Billups --- Bowen guarding him now? Spurs now in a zone?

spurs are done. they have no heart. they aren't coming back from this deficit. what a choke job.

yes this might be premature, but the way the spurs are playing, i have no confidence in a comeback. the pistons are the pushover the nets are, or the knicks.

Duncan finally hits a shot (he's now 1 for 7 in the quarter), and he draws McDyess' 3rd foul.

Duncan hits the free throw as well (good sign for the Spurs), and the lead is now 48 to 44.

Spurs score 7 in a row to get within two (48 to 46) for Detroit. Mirror of the first quarter, really, where Detroit started off well, then cooled off, and the Spurs took advantage. Duncan making a shot and a free throw will certainly help. 'Sheed being on the bench hurts the Pistons' offense at this point.

i'm trying not the give up hope, but the way the game has been going hasn't given me any confidence.

maybe my breather was a good thing ;) i'm going to extend it until unwrapped is over in 3 minutes.

GO SPURS GO!

jacobdrj said:
No, it hurts the D, not the O.
I agree it hurts the D as well, but Sheed's range on offense is a threat that keeps one of the big guys away from the basket (moreso than McDyess, at least, although McDyess has been playing well this series).

ah come on. ben wallace has been doing that all night long, and he gets credited with a block. at least be fair refs!

good news he's also shaq at the line.

Bowen now officially assigned to Billups, at least according to ESPN announcers.

Duncan called for his first foul of the night on a move to the basket by Ben Wallace. Probably a good foul instead of giving Ben a layup.

goodness duncan, these guys are shorter then you POWER JAM IT OVER THEM!

this could be a hack a duncan/ben wallace fest at the end of the game. oh that could get ugly REAL fast

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
If the Spurs are gonna do something, I think they're gonna have to start doing it right now. With Sheed And McDyess on the bench, the Spurs HAVE TO take advantage of the situation.

omg if i ever see hubie brown on the street i SWEAR..........

he should be wearing a pistons jersey since he's so in love with them.

4 fouls on mcdyess.

duncan makes both...... wow. shocking!

McDyess with his 4th foul. Duncan to the line. 4 minutes left in the 3rd quarter, McDyess and 'Sheed each have 4 fouls to this point. Dicey situation for the Pistons --will we see another Elden Campbell sighting?

Duncan three for three from the line tonight. 52 to 48 Pistons.

Spurs playing a zone on defense regularly.