[Game] Sacramento Kings (3) vs Golden State Warriors (6) (WCDS Game 1, 0-0) 5:30pm Pacific 8:30pm Eastern

Hey, were you aware that Klay Thompson once scored 37 points in a single quarter against the Kings?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
What impressed me most was the poise these Kings displayed in their first appearance on the playoff stage together. They were down by 10 at one point in the third while Curry was hitting his patented all-you-can-do-is-shake-your-head three's, but they didn't get rattled. They showed no fear. They just kept attacking. I loved that Fox and Monk put the team on their backs and kept getting downhill and kept drawing fouls. It was a gutsy win and a statement win and I expect the same energy in game 2. I also expect Domas to play much better in game 2, which may be necessary as the Warriors make their adjustments to try and contain Fox and prevent the Kings bench from uncorking on them.
Remember that post game presser after the KINGS wild 176-175 win over LAC? MM and Swipa saying “we don’t effing care who is on the other side” and “we’re coming too” — something to that effect?

Well, it’s true. Those two kids aren’t intimidated or rattled by anything. In fact, they are the type to be motivated by such things and raise their games.

Coming into this series when much was being made of the KINGS dearth of postseason experience, I was thinking back to Mike Bibby and his first postseason. That kid was unfazed and stepped up his game like he’d been there many times before. I saw MM and Swipa in similar light and was confident they’d play like playoff vets.

And they certainly did.

Remember that post game presser after the KINGS wild 176-175 win over LAC? MM and Swipa saying “we don’t effing care who is on the other side” and “we’re coming too” — something to that effect?

Well, it’s true. Those two kids aren’t intimidated or rattled by anything. In fact, they are the type to be motivated by such things and raise their games.

Coming into this series when much was being made of the KINGS dearth of postseason experience, I was thinking back to Mike Bibby and his first postseason. That kid was unfazed and stepped up his game like he’d been there many times before. I saw MM and Swipa in similar light and was confident they’d play like playoff vets.

And they certainly did.
Good point. They were mentally preparing themselves ahead of time, for this kind of series

And they certainly did.
God, was pissing me off how much Doris Burke kept fawning over the Warriors in the third quarter and their playoff experience and how clutch Andrew Wiggins was for them. And "for some reason" she was awfully quiet when the Kings went on their run at the end of the third.

The Kings don't have a ton of playoff exp on their roster, but I think the culture Brown has developed here and that exact "We don't give a f--- who's over there" attitude is a great way to overcome that lack of experience. The Kings have won by playing together as a TEAM all season; led by Fox/Domas of course, but virtually everyone on the roster has had time to shine as the reason we won a game. Hell, even Richaun Holmes, who barely played this season, was why we beat the Lakers when Domas was out.

Nate Duncan is the biggest fake sharp since kb02. Dude just can't get over how wrong he's been on the Kings for the last year and he's finding the absolutely weirdest things to nitpick.
"It's the first playoff game in 16 years, isn't that enough?"

Oh so just that was enough?

But he wanted to call out our fans for not being all that involved during the game... which narrative do you wanna go for, Mr. Nate Duncan?
2222.JPG

Another well-aged tweet of his includes...

Last edited:
Who are we drafting in the lottery this year? Wait…..
It’s HAPPENING. Last time kings were in the playoffs I just got my drivers license.

We should have signed Tyreke and Cousins for the bench :p jkjk would have ruined the locker room.

I never even heard of the dude before. IDK who he is. But it’s clear I’m better off for it.
He started as a reasonably intelligent basketball analyst that blended numbers and game film really well. I really enjoyed his stuff awhile back as someone who looks to do the same in my own basketball analysis.

But man, as he's gotten "more famous" as a NBA talking head, he's become a complete tool. One of those "I'm clearly more superior in every way" types where every sentence feels like he's talking down to you or anything you say is just so clearly wrong and stupid. The "I'm never wrong and I'll never concede a point" person.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
He started as a reasonably intelligent basketball analyst that blended numbers and game film really well. I really enjoyed his stuff awhile back as someone who looks to do the same in my own basketball analysis.

But man, as he's gotten "more famous" as a NBA talking head, he's become a complete tool. One of those "I'm clearly more superior in every way" types where every sentence feels like he's talking down to you or anything you say is just so clearly wrong and stupid. The "I'm never wrong and I'll never concede a point" person.
*Monty Python voice*
Do all numbers guys named Nate shift into opinion spouting morons?

it turned when he partnered with Hollinger and they chuckle at each others snarky jokes at players and franchises expense. It’s really odd sometimes.

God, was pissing me off how much Doris Burke kept fawning over the Warriors in the third quarter and their playoff experience and how clutch Andrew Wiggins was for them. And "for some reason" she was awfully quiet when the Kings went on their run at the end of the third.

The Kings don't have a ton of playoff exp on their roster, but I think the culture Brown has developed here and that exact "We don't give a f--- who's over there" attitude is a great way to overcome that lack of experience. The Kings have won by playing together as a TEAM all season; led by Fox/Domas of course, but virtually everyone on the roster has had time to shine as the reason we won a game. Hell, even Richaun Holmes, who barely played this season, was why we beat the Lakers when Domas was out.
It was strange how quiet she was for a good minute or two but I just appreciated giving Mark Jones the mic for those big moments. If the NBA wanted to introduce the Kings to the world they did it the right way with our strongest ambassador

It was strange how quiet she was for a good minute or two but I just appreciated giving Mark Jones the mic for those big moments. If the NBA wanted to introduce the Kings to the world they did it the right way with our strongest ambassador
I appreciated Mark on the call for sure. He was giving a real balanced call and not just being a giant homer for the Kings, even though that would make a ton of sense since he's our PBP guy.

But man, Burke was just horrible. It's like we get it, you haven't watched a Kings game this year.

I appreciated Mark on the call for sure. He was giving a real balanced call and not just being a giant homer for the Kings, even though that would make a ton of sense since he's our PBP guy.

But man, Burke was just horrible. It's like we get it, you haven't watched a Kings game this year.
It was hard to even hear her. They needed to boost her mic.

How bout: "We played quite poorly by our standards including the worst game of the year by one of our all-stars, our rookie who just broke the rookie record for threes not hitting a single jump shot, and our other silly hot shooting guard pulling an O-fer. And we still found a way to beat you because we have so many weapons and it's nearly impossible to game plan against us - which, to your credit - you did pretty well. We just beat you. I'd be a little scared if I were you. Luckily, I am not."

That ok? :cool:
What did the tweet say? It’s deleted now.

Status
Not open for further replies.