[Game] Sacramento Kings (3) vs Golden State Warriors (6) (WCDS Game 1, 0-0) 5:30pm Pacific 8:30pm Eastern

Hey, were you aware that Klay Thompson once scored 37 points in a single quarter against the Kings?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
How bout: "We played quite poorly by our standards including the worst game of the year by one of our all-stars, our rookie who just broke the rookie record for threes not hitting a single jump shot, and our other silly hot shooting guard pulling an O-fer. And we still found a way to beat you because we have so many weapons and it's nearly impossible to game plan against us - which, to your credit - you did pretty well. We just beat you. I'd be a little scared if I were you. Luckily, I am not."

That ok? :cool:

Did anyone watch the game at the outdoor L street screens? Just wondering what that was like and if it is worth going if you can't get tickets.
It was a blast. Energy was crazy and everyone was going nuts. I do hope they would've had security or organizers manage the individuals who were smoking in the crowd. That was obnoxious. You're in a dense crowd. Put down your vices for a couple hours.

What was great to see is the Kings played tougher, grittier & more physical than the Warriors. Watch under the basket. Sabonis and Len even on Kings makes were roughing up the Warriors inside, even Lyles. I remember this one play Len layed Thompson out under the basket while boxing out for an offensive rebound (Kings made shot). Those “hits” leave a mark over a long series and at very least forces Warriors to play Looney & Green more together which is not really their ideal lineup.

All the analyst questioning Kings toughness & grit look silly right now regardless of how rest of series plays out. They won’t get pushed around at very least.

It was a blast. Energy was crazy and everyone was going nuts. I do hope they would've had security or organizers manage the individuals who were smoking in the crowd. That was obnoxious. You're in a dense crowd. Put down your vices for a couple hours.
Dude pulled a 4” blunt outta his pocket and lit it right in front of my son and I. Effin hate that, but what are you gonna do. There was 30,000 people plus milling around out there.

All I can say is wow! Sore throat, back is funky jumping up and down, my fingers are sore from ringing my cow bell, and gained a few more wrinkles from smiling/yelling so much and we never thought after all these years as STH for so many years that we have one less check off our bucket list . The last 1.49 minutes of game we were all on our feet screaming at the top of our lungs and brought back so many damn memories. In a row on lower level hubby and I have the end seats and directly to our left were all warrior fans and it was so effn fantastic when Curry’s shot didn’t fall through the hoop and they all looked in total disbelief hahaha Thank you NEXT…. Ready for game two ABSOLUTELY

Having both our All-Stars NOT being in Foul trouble was huge in this win.

Another huge move was that everyone assumed the Kings would go small to match the GSW, including the GSW. Well, our COY flipped the story and went big with Alex Len off the bench. GSW had no answer to bang down low with Len, so when Sabonis went out the Kings got more physical and the Warriors had no answer. Big turning point of this game.

Also, shout out to Sacramento and the organizations. Everybody, including me(and the players) thought Warriors fans would occupy atleast 30 percent of the arena. Not even close. They might as well have been an east coast team coming to Sac.
STH here - every one of the regulars in my area of the section was there. The % of GSW as a whole in the arena was not noticeable. The atmosphere was incredible, the game was nerve-wracking, our team battled and the crowd stayed behind them.

The most satisfying Kings win in recent history.
I hate the Warriors with a passion, especially Curry and Green. Their smugness and bitching.

The Ws deserve credit for playing some good defense which disrupted the Kings offense especially in the first half. They packed the lane to protect from Sabonis. The Splash Bros can shoot, but I still hate em. The answer was the backcourt from the Univ of Kentucky. Fox and Monk were unbelievable.

Huerter seemed like the game was too big for him. Mitchell was ready. Len deserves some credit. He is such a change of pace and disruptive player. Coach Brown found the winning combo and let Monk finish. Lyles was great. Sabonis owned the Ws in the first half but they adjusted and left the perimeter more open. Monk and Fox made them pay. Nothing easy about this win. Curry, Thompson and Wiggins are trouble.

Last edited:
Another huge move was that everyone assumed the Kings would go small to match the GSW, including the GSW. Well, our COY flipped the story and went big with Alex Len off the bench. GSW had no answer to bang down low with Len, so when Sabonis went out the Kings got more physical and the Warriors had no answer. Big turning point of this game.
So it turns out that experimenting with Len at the end of the season paid huge dividends for Coach Brown. I remember defending Len by saying he had played so little this season, none of the fans or even coaches knew what he really could do. You cannot write off a player by saying "He never plays." Not in basketball. In fact, Len only played 161 minutes the entire season, despite those last six games, the fewest of anyone not a two-way player or on a ten-day contract. Despite that, he has the best defensive rating on the team in the 26 games he did play.

And do you realize he is only 29?

One of the strengths of this coaching staff is to make adjustments. This could be seen on back-to-backs.

We should set high post screens for Sabonis so he can go to work on players other than Looney.

Warriors will be focused on Fox, so he needs to look for open shooters on the corners. Now those 'shooters' need to make those shots. If Huerter is still laying bricks, then let's get Edwards in to guard Wiggins/Thompson.

What impressed me most was the poise these Kings displayed in their first appearance on the playoff stage together. They were down by 10 at one point in the third while Curry was hitting his patented all-you-can-do-is-shake-your-head three's, but they didn't get rattled. They showed no fear. They just kept attacking. I loved that Fox and Monk put the team on their backs and kept getting downhill and kept drawing fouls. It was a gutsy win and a statement win and I expect the same energy in game 2. I also expect Domas to play much better in game 2, which may be necessary as the Warriors make their adjustments to try and contain Fox and prevent the Kings bench from uncorking on them.

At the watch party I attended there were several people that were perplexed when #25 came into the game. I told them “Len has been providing good defense and rim protection for a few weeks now”.

Later in the game when Domas was struggling mightily offensively, those same people started clamoring for Len to come back into the game. Lol.

I thought Len’s contributions last night were largely under appreciated. So were Davion Mitchell’s. Both did some dirty work and contributed to the “W”.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
What impressed me most was the poise these Kings displayed in their first appearance on the playoff stage together. They were down by 10 at one point in the third while Curry was hitting his patented all-you-can-do-is-shake-your-head three's, but they didn't get rattled. They showed no fear. They just kept attacking. I loved that Fox and Monk put the team on their backs and kept getting downhill and kept drawing fouls. It was a gutsy win and a statement win and I expect the same energy in game 2. I also expect Domas to play much better in game 2, which may be necessary as the Warriors make their adjustments to try and contain Fox and prevent the Kings bench from uncorking on them.
long series ahead but it's fun over on twitter where people who ignored the Kings all season are like "well it took this monster night from Monk and Fox" and I'm over here noting we didn't reach the bar of what I thought would be needed to win a game (Fox and Domas be themselves, and two of Keegan/Monk/Huerter have good nights from 3). We won while going 2 for 5.

I'll take it. And I trust Brown to make adjustments. So far this season we've only seen the team improve when immediately replaying the same team. Seems like more than a few of our guys had some playoff jitters and will settle down. Keegan looked like the guy that was stuck on 185 3s for 6 quarters. He managed to resolve it pretty quickly.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
At the watch party I attended there were several people that were perplexed when #25 came into the game. I told them “Len has been providing good defense and rim protection for a few weeks now”.

Later in the game when Domas was struggling mightily offensively, those same people started clamoring for Len to come back into the game. Lol.

I thought Len’s contributions last night were largely under appreciated. So were Davion Mitchell’s. Both did some dirty work and contributed to the “W”.
It's kind of sad that we can still tell who really watches this team so easily.

Twitter hilarious today with salty Dubs fan mad about the DPOG award and being like "what happened to treating this like any normal game". We just did my dudes. We just did.

Status
Not open for further replies.