[Game] Sacramento Kings (3) @ Golden State Warriors (6) (WCDS Game 6, 2-3) 4/28/2023 5pm Pacific 8pm Eastern (ESPN)

Status
Not open for further replies.
For what it's worth this felt like not just the most exciting game of the season but really the best team play of the season. Not one player had career numbers but they shared the ball, got good looks and stuck with the game plan playing great team defense!
Fox said he thought it was the best game they've had all season. To my mind, it was the best defense of all season. To hold the world champs to 99 points in SF in a single elimination game is something else.

Yeah he's the heart and soul of this team. His "lows" on the floor are lower than I would like when he's off, but I don't think you can replace what he's brought chemistry wise to this team and just the "IDGAF" attitude in terms of not being afraid of the moment and sparking the Kings when they need him. We've been having a lot of talks about who is core on the Kings roster and I think Monk is firmly entrenched in that designation.

The best thing is, win or lose in game 7, no one can ever say the Kings were a flute anymore.
Agree.. Good take.. I would like to also say this.. Win or lose come Sunday we have had an amazing ride this year, and I look forward to an even better year next year! 55 wins is the goal, and a chance at the championship! Now all we need to do is beat those dang eastern conference power houses like Milwaukee (thank goodness they are done), Philadelphia and Boston. If we did make it to the finals this year I don't want anything to do with Philadelphia or Boston. Please give me the Heat or the Knicks!

We play well against the Lakers, and would still have home court! Lets go Kings! Finish GSW and then whoop on the Lakers like we did in pre-season. Phoenix and Denver don't scare me at all. Against Denver we would walk out 1-1 in the first two easy... With Phoenix we play well against them, and would have home court! Could you imagine having home court the entire Western Conference playoffs? Crazy stuff. We take Lakers 4-2 easy. If it's Phoenix we would take them 4-1 or 4-2 and if Denver probably 4-2 or 4-3. Every other first round matchup is done. We are the last two teams playing in the first round. Hopefully it doesn't leave us as being tired, but seeing that the 1st round is on pace to have taken about 3 weeks to finish I think we are pretty well rested.

3-1 against they Lakers (5-1 including pre-season with two 40pt blowouts)
2-2 against the Suns (3-2 including pre-season)
1-2 against the Nuggets

Last edited:

Fox said he thought it was the best game they've had all season. To my mind, it was the best defense of all season. To hold the world champs to 99 points in SF in a single elimination game is something else.
And they still only shot 40% from the field (though good on 3s), less free throws, and turned the ball over 19 times.

The Warriors just seem to have our number for the usual tricks of the offense, but I really want to light up the Laker's loser perimeter players should we close out Game 7. They're strong and physical inside with Street Clothes, that's about it.

We shouldn't have to contend with the obnoxious shot-making or gravity from those guys. I've been looking forward to a game when they just make it rain from 3.

Mike Brown sticking with Kevin Huerter through his brutal slump when everyone, including me, wanted to cut bait is why he’s coach of the year.
The kid broke though and will be red f’ing hot on Sunday. KH will drop 20+. Watch.
Mike Brown is the best coach we’ve had since Rick Adelman. He has the respect and admiration of the players. So many youngsters with a real coach to mold them. Time will tell if he becomes better than Adelman. I hope he does. Our team under Adelman was better IMHO, but so we’re our opponents. The Stockton Malone Jazz, The Shaq Kobe Lakers….I look forward to the POTENTIAL of who this team can ultimately be. Oh yeah and btw, Fox is a major STUD.

The thing that excites me most about this game is Kevin Huerter.

How huge for his confidence and ability to maybe make an impact in G7.

Just so so huge.

I legit thought he had some kind of mental issue, and I'm so glad he was able to hit some shots.

I was saying before the game how I would replace Huerter with Davion, saw Huerter was starting, and was disappointed.

Heck of a job by the coaching staff

Meanwhile, Poole has the damn Benny hill theme playing anytime he touches the ball. Falling out of bounds. The missed wide open dunk. I’m sure they got major concerns with him.
Great overall night for the Kings.

observations for Game 6; Kings played faster and better on defense when Sabonis was out. The bench won this game with all their contributions. Minutes reduced for Davion and no minutes for Len was coach Brown and staff's adjustment. Let's see what adjustments Kerr makes in Game 7. Keegan playing lots of minutes is great, not only is this a learning experience for a rookie but it continually leaves a elite floor spacer out there. Win or lose Game 7, this team has exceeded my expectations for this season. I thought this would be the last game of the season for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.