Sacramento being seriously vetted and other news, rumors, etc.

you guys really think the nba would let the worst owner in sports to move the team wuthout us tying to buy the team? stern doesnt play and he hates the maloofs. they owe him 140 million.. so do you really think stern will let the maloofs have there wish?

I think Mike is very likely to hear something before most people, too. :)

Changed my avatar until we get word on the "decision." I choose to believe that will still be the city on the jerseys next year. GO SACRAMENTO KINGS!

Last edited:

rainmaker

Hall of Famer
you guys really think the nba would let the worst owner in sports to move the team wuthout us tying to buy the team? stern doesnt play and he hates the maloofs. they owe him 140 million.. so do you really think stern will let the maloofs have there wish?
Did you read anything around here prior to joining last month? Do you really think every angle hasn't already been dissected numerous times?

HndsmCelt

Hall of Famer
So after reading some comments about it, I had to go over to StomachsRising to see their latest screed. I could not believe Brian had the audacity to drone on about how important it is that HIS kids have an NBA team to watch. It literally is a look into the brain of one of those women who kidnap a child after loosing one of her own. Again I am not exactly startled bud sadly disappointed at the lack of introspection and the absence of any ethical grounding as Brian and the many posters that applaud/agree with him. For them there is virtually no capacity to understand that the terrible wrong and pain they feel from loosing their team is in no may morally equivalent to the EXACT pain they wish to inflict (in some cases with glee) upon Sacramento. After reading the piece I could only conclude that in their collective minds Sacramento children are not as important or as good as Seattle children, and at least one post said as much. My heart breaks a bit for their loss of humanity.

So after reading some comments about it, I had to go over to StomachsRising to see their latest screed. I could not believe Brian had the audacity to drone on about how important it is that HIS kids have an NBA team to watch. It literally is a look into the brain of one of those women who kidnap a child after loosing one of her own. Again I am not exactly startled bud sadly disappointed at the lack of introspection and the absence of any ethical grounding as Brian and the many posters that applaud/agree with him. For them there is virtually no capacity to understand that the terrible wrong and pain they feel from loosing their team is in no may morally equivalent to the EXACT pain they wish to inflict (in some cases with glee) upon Sacramento. After reading the piece I could only conclude that in their collective minds Sacramento children are not as important or as good as Seattle children, and at least one post said as much. My heart breaks a bit for their loss of humanity.
I read that post a few days ago too and had similar thoughts. Wondering how he could have such a disconnect between his feelings and ours. Why he would wish someone else goes through all the suffering and loss that he says he went through. It is pretty terrible in my opinion. Shows a complete lack of empathy. It also gives insight into the things he writes and how he feels his life and family are so much more deserving than anyone else's.

That same view seems to be prevelant in much of the Seattle community I see represented online. Which is much, much different than the identity of Sacramento and the identity our teams have always had. It would be such a shame to lose the collective personality Sacramento brings to the Kings and the NBA to replace it with one such as Brian's.

I read that post a few days ago too and had similar thoughts. Wondering how he could have such a disconnect between his feelings and ours. Why he would wish someone else goes through all the suffering and loss that he says he went through. It is pretty terrible in my opinion. Shows a complete lack of empathy. It also gives insight into the things he writes and how he feels his life and family are so much more deserving than anyone else's.

That same view seems to be prevelant in much of the Seattle community I see represented online. Which is much, much different than the identity of Sacramento and the identity our teams have always had. It would be such a shame to lose the collective personality Sacramento brings to the Kings and the NBA to replace it with one such as Brian's.
Don't worry about it. There will always be all sorts of selfishness in the world and all you can do is be the better person. Hang in there SAC folk, the end is near!

It really is amazing the stories that they drum up over there. Their latest excuse was that they needed the kings as opposed to expansion because a two year waiting period would ruin the current generation. If you ask me, that's more of a reason for them not to get the kings because that generation that are referring to may already be fans of another team. It's quite extraordinary the amount of hyprocrisy one site can have.

It really is amazing the stories that they drum up over there. Their latest excuse was that they needed the kings as opposed to expansion because a two year waiting period would ruin the current generation. If you ask me, that's more of a reason for them not to get the kings because that generation that are referring to may already be fans of another team. It's quite extraordinary the amount of hyprocrisy one site can have.
I have a conspiracy theory on that one. Bear with me: It did appear that in the wait list for tix the H/B group had paid people to go on line and "buy", it is also not unheard of to pay posters to float a story that helps your cause. IF H/B get an expansion team they will pretty much HAVE to get the arena moving on scedual or risk loosing the team. I suspect they KNOW that the legal challenges are going to stall them for over a year... so the HAVE to go with an existing team. So they pay posters to sell the idea that the urgency is about logo, or children or fairness etc. Just a thought but if I right watch H/B go after another team rather than wait for expansion.

Encouraging tweet from someone who is NOT a Kings homer:

Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine 2m
I've heard a couple plugged-in league insiders say this weekend that SAC still very much in game for keeping Kings

I have a conspiracy theory on that one. Bear with me: It did appear that in the wait list for tix the H/B group had paid people to go on line and "buy", it is also not unheard of to pay posters to float a story that helps your cause. IF H/B get an expansion team they will pretty much HAVE to get the arena moving on scedual or risk loosing the team. I suspect they KNOW that the legal challenges are going to stall them for over a year... so the HAVE to go with an existing team. So they pay posters to sell the idea that the urgency is about logo, or children or fairness etc. Just a thought but if I right watch H/B go after another team rather than wait for expansion.
At this point, they are grasping for straws. Their sob stories are quickly becoming intolerable.

Encouraging tweet from someone who is NOT a Kings homer:

Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine 2m
I've heard a couple plugged-in league insiders say this weekend that SAC still very much in game for keeping Kings

That quote would be better if it said, "SAC is likely keeping the kings." I guess i could only dream.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I would think we have a much better chance than that.
At this point, we can rejoice that we're still in the running and that our ownership group has apparently done everything asked of it by the NBA. There is still a decision to be made by the committee. I'm as optimistic as the next guy but I will not celebrate our victory until we actually have one. "Very much in game" is a good thing.

I would think we have a much better chance than that.
Yeah but this is the national press - I'm keeping in mind that they are coming from a mindset of "first and goal at the one for Seattle". I think "very much in the game" from Stein is the equivalent of 90+% from Aaron Bruski or Carmichael Dave.

If Kings stay, the taunting of Woj will be merciless. Grant is right when he says "worst thing in journalism is to be first and wrong". Quite obvious that this was never a mere formality.

Last edited:
1 day left until D-Day... the years of debating this topic on this off the court forum, the possibility of ending the speculation positively or complete devastation. 1 day left

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
1 day left until D-Day... the years of debating this topic on this off the court forum, the possibility of ending the speculation positively or complete devastation. 1 day left
Actually, tomorrow is R-Day, as in recommendation. Even if the committee recommends that the BoG vote against allowing the team to move, there is still the official vote to be taken in 7 business days. We can't start any kind of official celebrating until the board has voted.

Actually, tomorrow is R-Day, as in recommendation. Even if the committee recommends that the BoG vote against allowing the team to move, there is still the official vote to be taken in 7 business days. We can't start any kind of official celebrating until the board has voted.

I agree, I will still feel uncertain if the recommendation goes our way, and will until that 16th vote comes in... but by this time tomorrow, there will be a change in perspective, and the forum will feel a positive calm or it will feel bad and panicked.

No but I will breath MUCH easier and sleep much better once the recommendation to stop the move is made.

Warhawk

The cake is a lie.
Staff member
According to Chris Daniels on Twitter (multiple tweets):

Chris Daniels‏ @ChrisDaniels5 12m

I'm hearing the teleconference for relocation/finance committee is expected to last a couple hours, and wrap by early afternoon Pacific Time

The committee is scheduled to make a recommendation then. Unclear if the NBA will publicize it right away

I'm also hearing the league staff will then put together a report, which could take another five days, before owners get it.

The NBA Owners would then get at least seven business days to review that report before making their vote on

Which is why NBA Commish Stern is suggesting vote may come week of May 13th.

I don't think anyone has a firm grip of the committee's mindset at this point

Bottom line: Tomorrow is huge for Sacramento and Seattle efforts. 12 Owners are part of that committee, more than 1/3rd of league.

As you know by now, the dates have moved all over the place. Obviously, very fluid, and likely will continue to be.

As will I. I just have waited too long for this, along with so many others, and do not want to be "first and wrong"... ;)
oh no no spiking the football and baking of cookies untill after the vote in this house... but maybe I'll make Jambalaya for diner tomorrow ;)

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
oh no no spiking the football and baking of cookies untill after the vote in this house... but maybe I'll make Jambalaya for diner tomorrow ;)
I hear you. I got a nice bottle of wine today. It's not champagne or anything but it is a nice reisling that I don't drink very often. Maybe I'll have it with dinner tomorrow. ;)