SacBee: Abdur-Rahim might be peering at the twilight

Revrag

Father, Husband, KingsFan
Staff member
Administrator
Contributor
LAS VEGAS – Quite a few processes are going on here for Shareef Abdur-Rahim. And none are all that pleasant.

José Luis Villegas / jvillegas@sacbee.com The Kings' Sean Singletary, right, is fouled by the Blazers' Josh Davis during their summer league game in Las Vegas on Tuesday. MORE ON PAGE C6​

More...

bajaden

Hall of Famer
LAS VEGAS – Quite a few processes are going on here for Shareef Abdur-Rahim. And none are all that pleasant.

José Luis Villegas / jvillegas@sacbee.com The Kings' Sean Singletary, right, is fouled by the Blazers' Josh Davis during their summer league game in Las Vegas on Tuesday. MORE ON PAGE C6
More...
Rahim has always been a stand up guy. I've been a fan of his going all the way back to Cal. I believe he'll do the right thing. I think he has too much pride to sit on the bench if he knows in his heart he can't do it anymore.

As stated in the article. Its not about the money. He'll get paid either way. Its all about professional and personal pride.

i sure wish they keep him around (when he retires) the guy has been a good person class act all the way, maybe he can be an assistant together with corliss

i sure wish they keep him around (when he retires) the guy has been a good person class act all the way, maybe he can be an assistant together with corliss
If and when he is done, I can't help but think he'll go home to Atlanta where his ties are still strong.

To think, just a couple years ago, I thought the Kings would be decently set at PF between SAR and KT.
SAR's knee history shouldn't be too surprising, but I still can't believe how much KT has fallen.

To think, just a couple years ago, I thought the Kings would be decently set at PF between SAR and KT.
SAR's knee history shouldn't be too surprising, but I still can't believe how much KT has fallen.
Yeah its funny. Does anyone remember how when we first got KT he was putting up 30 like every other night and was automatic from about 22 ft and in? Then we got SAR and he was a massive stud in the playoffs vs. SA? Funny how much can happen so quick.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
SAR was well on his way down before he ever hit Sacto.

And him retiring has always been the best scenario for us to escape yet another bad contract.

SAR was well on his way down before he ever hit Sacto.

And him retiring has always been the best scenario for us to escape yet another bad contract.
Yeah, I'd definetely agree with you on him being on his way down when he got here 3 years ago...but he did give us a good last 1/2 of his first year with us...he was damn good during that playoff run, and he should have gotten the ball alot more during Game 6 against the Spurs...we totally abandoned our post game that was working for us in that game, and he was a big part of creating that mismatch...oh well, hindsight, right? lol Anyway, if you do retire SAR, thanks for being the great person that you are, and providing maturity and selflessness even during the most trying of times. You have had a good career, and deserve every accolade for your early years in the league.

I really admire Shareef Abdur-Rahim as a human being and basketball player. He simply wanted the best for himself when he came to Sac, but it will apparently be cut short with the knee injury never fully recovered. He was always a good teammate everywhere he went and later in his career mentored some younger players - maybe he has a future coaching career. I don't think I've ever heard a negative word about Reef on this board concerning his professionalism, personality, conduct, work ethic, etc. That says a lot!

yeah he may not have won a ring as a player but i see him winning one as a coach.... not once have i seen or heard people say something bad about him.. what i like most about him was he didnt sulk and pout when he was asked to take a back seat for KT... on the other hand KT did the opposite

if he can stay one year with us to mentor JT and HAwes about posting up then it would be nice