Sac/Lakers Trade Proposal

Okay I do this deal only if Garuba or Zaire Williams is available at 22.

Kings deal:
Harrison Barnes
Delon Wright.
filler if needed

Lakers Send
Kyle Kuzma, KCP and 22 pick made on our behalf to the Kings.

Why do the Lakers want this?
I think it's the other way around. The Kings are trading the better pair. Above all, obviously, the Lakers need a healthy superstar duo in Bron and Brow come playoff time, but they also need better contributions from their support crew. HB + Wright >> KK + KP + 22. At the same time, the Lakers pair have current value and are younger. In particular, KK will be 26 soon, probably hasn't peaked yet, and might be a longer-term complementary piece for Fox and TH. The #22 fits much better with the Kings' timeline than the Lakers'.

Plausible deal for both sides IMO.

I think it's the other way around. The Kings are trading the better pair. Above all, obviously, the Lakers need a healthy superstar duo in Bron and Brow come playoff time, but they also need better contributions from their support crew. HB + Wright >> KK + KP + 22. At the same time, the Lakers pair have current value and are younger. In particular, KK will be 26 soon, probably hasn't peaked yet, and might be a longer-term complementary piece for Fox and TH. The #22 fits much better with the Kings' timeline than the Lakers'.

Plausible deal for both sides IMO.
again I only do this if Zaire or Garuba are free.

Okay I do this deal only if Garuba or Zaire Williams is available at 22.

Kings deal:
Harrison Barnes
Delon Wright.
filler if needed

Lakers Send
Kyle Kuzma, KCP and 22 pick made on our behalf to the Kings.
Instead of Barnes and Wright replace with Heild.

No way I'd make that deal. Advanced stats have Delon Wright as the best player of all the players included in the trade. I think he's one of the most underrated players in the league. You're basically giving away two superior players for two lesser players so you can get the 22nd pick in return. Not worth it at all IMO.

No way I'd make that deal. Advanced stats have Delon Wright as the best player of all the players included in the trade. I think he's one of the most underrated players in the league. You're basically giving away two superior players for two lesser players so you can get the 22nd pick in return. Not worth it at all IMO.
You are also Exchanging an okay defensive player in Barnes and a good defensive player in Wright for a player they had to bench, Harrold and a player not known for defense other than not playing it.

I first am inclined not to do anything with LA but reading that they needed shooting AND the pick might be in play wondered about a counter proposal of using Hield instead keeping Wright and Barnes. Otherwise no deal.

I agree. Delon Wright is the perfect backup for Fox. He's good enough to start if there is an injury, he's good defensively, and he can run the same offense as Fox.

The_Jamal

Hall of Famer
The goal should be to shop Buddy for something around the league and head into next season with Fox/Hali/Wright as the main guard rotation. That's a strength, we shouldn't be looking to break it up immediately.

The goal should be to shop Buddy for something around the league and head into next season with Fox/Hali/Wright as the main guard rotation. That's a strength, we shouldn't be looking to break it up immediately.
I'm all for that. I think it's going to be tough to get much back for him though. Teams can probably get a guy who can give you 75% of his production at 1/3 of the price. I like Buddy but his contract doesn't equal his output and he's just not a good fit next to Fox with the defensive concerns.

I'm all for that. I think it's going to be tough to get much back for him though. Teams can probably get a guy who can give you 75% of his production at 1/3 of the price. I like Buddy but his contract doesn't equal his output and he's just not a good fit next to Fox with the defensive concerns.
Right, but I think you still try to do it to balance the roster better and balance the books. I don't think you outright dump him, but if you can something equivalent of a late 1st round or just a better roster fit veteran who is worse talent wise, I think you go for it

I think it largely depends on whether you think Kuzma has reached his ceiling. That plus the #22 is what you're trading for.

I could see sending buddy for that package, but definitely not Barnes and Wright. Wright is the best guard off the bench and barnes has far more value and could be part of a package for pieces which actually move the needle. Ask yourself, will subtracting wright and barnes and replacing them with Kuzma and KCP move you closer to or further away from the playoffs. Well, the performance of these guys in the playoffs show me they are basically the Hassan Whitesides of the Lakers. That is to say they dont make a difference for good or bad. Barnes, Wright and TD nearly snuck the kings into the play in tournament so no thanks.

If this team is insistent on trying to compete exactly this. Hopefully some team gets bounced embarrassingly in the playoffs and decides they need a shooter desperately enough to maybe give us their 20 something pick plus filler we can actually use.

If this team is insistent on trying to compete exactly this. Hopefully some team gets bounced embarrassingly in the playoffs and decides they need a shooter desperately enough to maybe give us their 20 something pick plus filler we can actually use.
Contenders are exactly who we should be looking at. Kings fans are jaded at Buddy, but he's still one of the best spacers in the game with more utility than a Bertans/Harris type. I think he'd fit incredibly well with the Knicks with Randle/Barrett, would fit incredibly well with Philly, fit well with Miami, the Lakers, the Mavericks, The Pelicans. Essentially, anyone with a a dominant paint collapser, he should work incredibly well with.

SacTownKid

Hall of Famer
Contenders are exactly who we should be looking at. Kings fans are jaded at Buddy, but he's still one of the best spacers in the game with more utility than a Bertans/Harris type. I think he'd fit incredibly well with the Knicks with Randle/Barrett, would fit incredibly well with Philly, fit well with Miami, the Lakers, the Mavericks, The Pelicans. Essentially, anyone with a a dominant paint collapser, he should work incredibly well with.
And they haven't realized how much Buddy has improved in all of the areas you could bash him in prior. The issue in moving Buddy for less value is the Buddy you are moving out is one the franchise spent way too much time in developing as a nearing 30 year old player. Rather than riding his ability to catch and shoot and making him a major addition to a team that might win more games they turned him into a legit pick and roll guard. Whoever gets him is getting a lot of development time spent by the Kings.

PELS: Buddy and Barnes (and prob the first) for Brandon Ingram and filler. Would be intriguing.

Philly: Buddy and Bags for tobias harris gives the kings more balance and the 76ers more shooting and a low post pressure relief valve to extend embiid.

MIAMI: would require a S/T for Duncan Robinson at 15M/yr and also add in Tyler Herro to make the money work. Not sure i want to pay DR 15M/year but would take the shot to get him and Herro. But that is likely too much talent to give up for Buddy (but probably better than losing DR for nothing which they look like they will have to. Still not sure miami would do it.

Dallas and NYK dont have anyone that they wouls likely part with that would be worth having. Only piece on Dallas is tim Hardaway and he is basically Buddy hield.

I think it largely depends on whether you think Kuzma has reached his ceiling. That plus the #22 is what you're trading for.
I just don't see how Kuzma is going to fit in. He's essentially a slightly better version of Bagley. Decent offensively, bad defensively. To me it's just kind of a sideways move that keeps the Kings in defensive purgatory. He may get better offensively in time but the vast majority of the time, these guys stay bad defenders.

Barnes on his own is worth #22 and if teams were smart, they'd know that Wright on his own is as well. If the rumors are true and the Kings didn't pull the trigger on Boston's pick + Nesmith for Barnes, then I don't see why McNair would give up even more than that for a lesser pick.

Switch out Barnes for Buddy in this deal and we would have to think hard about this trade. No way would I send out Barnes for Kuzma though.

Kuzma looked like a young All-Star under Walton in L.A. The Kings would have a lot of fire power, the problem would be the defense again with taking on Kuzma.

Last edited:
Denver says hello.

*Looks at Fox, scratches head*

This thread lost all credibility just with the title. Then it just got worse when Kyle freaking Kuzma was mentioned.

No way and Never. On all fronts.

There's no good reason to deal with LAL unless it's a clear cut fleecing w/ SAC being the team doing the fleecing. Otherwise, what's the point???

And, again, it should go w/o saying .... Kyle Kuzma SUCKS!
And the #22 pick ain't worth considering any deal with LAL. Period.

It's not even 10% worth it.

Most of us believe the KINGS are mismanaged as it is, but a move like this would take the mismanagement several levels further.

Put him on the floor with Klay and Steph as the 3rd shooter and see what happens.

If Kings fans hate the Laker trade proposal here is one proposed yesterday for Buddy:
Here's How The Clippers Could Trade For Kings Guard Buddy ...
https://www.nbaanalysis.net/2021/06/08/heres-how...
Jun 08, 2021 · The Hypothetical Trade. Clippers Receive: Buddy Hield, 2021 Second-Round Pick. Kings Receive: Ivica Zubac, Luke Kennard. Looking at this trade, some Kings fans are going to want to know why they would have to give up Hield and a second-round pick just to acquire a role player in Zubac and another likely role player in Kennard.

OMG! Give up our 2021 2nd rd pick and Buddy for Zubac and Kennard?

We need to just Keep Barnes and Buddy if these are the type of trades that are out there!

If Kings fans hate the Laker trade proposal here is one proposed yesterday for Buddy:
Here's How The Clippers Could Trade For Kings Guard Buddy ...
https://www.nbaanalysis.net/2021/06/08/heres-how...
Jun 08, 2021 · The Hypothetical Trade. Clippers Receive: Buddy Hield, 2021 Second-Round Pick. Kings Receive: Ivica Zubac, Luke Kennard. Looking at this trade, some Kings fans are going to want to know why they would have to give up Hield and a second-round pick just to acquire a role player in Zubac and another likely role player in Kennard.

OMG! Give up our 2021 2nd rd pick and Buddy for Zubac and Kennard?

We need to just Keep Barnes and Buddy if these are the type of trades that are out there!
Hopefully Monte McNair proves to be much better at this than whomever proposed that Clips trade or the originator of this thread.

If not, we fans are in for a lot more pain and suffering. That’s for sure.