Rahim

Yoda said:
While I doo not like Rahim in a long contract situation, trading Williamson would be ok for us. Trading Thomas means we are severely overpaying.
I think it will take more than Williamson to nab Rahim.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Bricklayer said:
Gotta love it! :rolleyes:

At the point I can predict all of our offseason moves just on the softy/shooter GM/owner profile I have been developing, is there any need to be paying Geoff big $$ anymore? Peja for the max anyone?

Now let's assume it happens. Depends a little on who/what got sent in the sign and trade, but that frontcourt is going to be AWFULLY crowded.
Whooooooooo!

Welcome to American Airlines Arena West!

Just shoot me now.

VF21 said:
Whooooooooo!

Welcome to American Airlines Arena West!

Just shoot me now.
So true...does the front office feel that we need to compete more with teams like the Suns rather than teams like the Spurs, Pistons, and Heat? If so, we're in trouble.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Seriously begins to remind me more and more of Dallas and the sort of "acumen" Mark Cuban displays. Just names. Names and points. Oh, he averages 15pts? We want him! Don't worry about fit. Don't worry about defense or strategy or balance. Just sign any and all names and points that are out there because gee, that team looks really good in fantasy ball. Then run up and down the court, talk about how exciting we are, get on TV a lot, and bow out to the first serious team you meet in the playoffs.

Positives: scorer, has decent post game (which we need), can create own shot (which we need)
Negatives: tweener, soft, weak defender, no shotblocking, mediocre to poor rebounder for a PF, zero impact on wins and losses, has lost everywhere he has gone for 10 years

Bricklayer said:
Seriously begins to remind me more and more of Dallas and the sort of "acumen" Mark Cuban displays. Just names. Names and points. Oh, he averages 15pts? We want him! Don't worry about fit. Don't worry about defense or strategy or balance. Just sign any and all names and points that are out there because gee, that team looks really good in fantasy ball. Then run up and down the court, talk about how exciting we are, get on TV a lot, and bow out to the first serious team you meet in the playoffs.

Positives: scorer, has decent post game (which we need), can create own shot (which we need)
Negatives: tweener, soft, weak defender, no shotblocking, mediocre to poor rebounder for a PF, zero impact on wins and losses, has lost everywhere he has gone for 10 years
IF this is true, this absolutely REEKS of major changes in the frontline. I don't see how they think we can compete with a frontline of Miller, Rahim, and Stojakovic. Will Peja play SG? Doubt it since that position is beginning to stack up (and because that would open up a whole host of other problems). Will we see a move involving Peja or Miller or both? What's McHale's phone number again, VF?

Bricklayer

D-Mass said:
IF this is true, this absolutely REEKS of major changes in the frontline. I don't see how they think we can compete with a frontline of Miller, Rahim, and Stojakovic. Will Peja play SG? Doubt it since that position is beginning to stack up (and because that would open up a whole host of other problems). Will we see a move involving Peja or Miller or both? What's McHale's phone number again, VF?

There's the positive thinker! :)

Go revive my Brad and Peja for KG idea, sign Rahim, and I'll go with a Bibby PG, kids OG, Rahim SF, Garnett PF lineup any day. It would have a chance.

Bricklayer said:

Go revive my Brad and Peja for KG idea, sign Rahim, and I'll go with a Bibby PG, kids OG, Rahim SF, Garnett PF lineup any day. It would have a chance.
Count me in!

Bricklayer said:

...and Steven Hunter for Center.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Bricklayer said:
...l'll go with a Bibby PG, kids OG, Rahim SF, Garnett PF lineup any day. It would have a chance.
That's only four players. Doesn't the league make us play five?

;)

Bricklayer

VF21 said:
That's only four players. Doesn't the league make us play five?

;)
Tag! :)

Unfortunately my remaining predictions would be that we keep Brad because he runs our stuff and has a jumper, and we keep Peja because he is the golden boy and given preferential treatment. But I'll happily accept being wrong at any point here -- me being right results in sad soft team taking the floor in November beholden to a softy shooter being forced upon us as our star by shallow basketball minds and ad men with an agenda.

bricklayer, you would seriously trade miller and peja for kg? Garnetts a little over rated nowadays, and last time i checked rahim isnt that soft or that undersized, 6'9 is a pretty good size for a pf, every once in a while your going to run into matchup problems but thats expected, sign him because its better than having a pf thats 6'7.

Omaha-King7275 said:
bricklayer, you would seriously trade miller and peja for kg? Garnetts a little over rated nowadays, and last time i checked rahim isnt that soft or that undersized, 6'9 is a pretty good size for a pf, every once in a while your going to run into matchup problems but thats expected, sign him because its better than having a pf thats 6'7.
Miller and Peja for Garnett? In a heartbeat.

Bricklayer

Omaha-King7275 said:
I would make that trade in a second. I would even throw in extra candy. People dont understand the difference a superstar makes. And THAT superstar in particular is a one man wrecking crew who fills ALL your holes in one move. Need defense? Check -- First Team All-NBA. Rebounding? Check -- led the league again. Passing? Check -- best PF in the league other than Webber. Leadership? Check. Creativity? Check. Etc. etc. In fact I would suspect that the only GM in the entire NBA who would NOT make that deal might reside right here in Sacto. If you were to get Rahim to play next to him, its not even a question anymore -- you do it and you have an isntant contender in a Bibby/Garnett/Rahim trio + just need to make smart moves around the edges.

P.S. and yes, Rahim has respectable height for a PF, but he plays smaller and is notroiously soft. The propblem is that he started his career as a SF, and he's still soft like a SF. Doesn't want to go to war inside at all. Big Ben comes calling, Rahim takes the night off to get a manicure. But as a SF, in my little Garnett fantasy he is big and a great rebounder. He and Garnett together as your forwards would be versatile and devastating. He and Peja together as your forwards is just soft.

Last edited:
Not a purist like me, It just seems like KG cant carry a team any longer, he carried the twolves year in and year out but now it seems like its taking its toll, also millers working harder just like greg this summer, so is peja like he always does, I mean you never know. Miller showed alot of heart in that last game against the sonics and peja showed signs by knocking down that 3 late.

Bricklayer

Omaha-King7275 said:
Not a purist like me, It just seems like KG cant carry a team any longer, he carried the twolves year in and year out but now it seems like its taking its toll, also millers working harder just like greg this summer, so is peja like he always does, I mean you never know. Miller showed alot of heart in that last game against the sonics and peja showed signs by knocking down that 3 late.
You may have to define "purist" as there is not a single thing that either of our guys do better than KG other than Peja's three point shooting, which is hardly a purist's trait given that it wasn't even part of the game until about 20 years ago. KG is a much more "pure" player from a coach's standpoint. does everything right. Unselfish. Plays both ways. Works very hard.

And people say that KG isn't able to carry a team anymore? What, because he missed the playoffs for ONE year with a whole team full of notorious cancers And even so still won 44 and was in the race until the final week. The guy hasn't had a losing season in the NBA since he was 20. He made the playoffs 8 straight years with himself as the only constant.

Last edited:

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I would not only make the trade, I would harness a team of furry minions to drive whichever players are going East to their new homes. And I would do it hopping on one foot and singing "Doo dah" ...

yeah but even that year they knocked us out in the second round, that was his year and he couldnt get over the hump and also by purist i mean that i dont bash my team on every thread. Even if we made that trade who else besides bibby would we have to complement him?

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Omaha-King7275 said:
yeah but even that year they knocked us out in the second round, that was his year and he couldnt get over the hump and also by purist i mean that i dont bash my team on every thread. Even if we made that trade who else besides bibby would we have to complement him?
If we have Mike Bibby, who flourishes with a talented big and Kevin Garnett, we could play our rookies, Bozo the one-legged monkey and Bricklayer's blind llama and be competitive.

i suppose so, if it would be anything like the old bibby-webber combo, i mean that trade does sound tempting, and i suppose kg is probably tired of cassell and sprewell

Bricklayer

Omaha-King7275 said:
Rahim apparently. He takes all doubt out of the equation. Bibby/Rahim/Garnett >>> Bibby/Peja/Miller. Better defensively. Better on the boards. More creative. Can create their own shots. Equal or better passers. More versatile. More athletic. You name it they are more.

As for Garnett not being able to lead his team past his team's first WCF where at age 27/28 he ran into a team with 4 hall of famers who had just dispatched this year's champions the Spurs, I have no idea how that's even a criticism. Was Duncan washed up too? Might have been nice if the Wolves were healthy or had experience as well.

And as for your other comment I think you might be confusing purist and homer. And being a homer isn't always in our team's interests. Its just a defense of the status quo even if the status quo means the home team loses.

Last edited:
i was simply trying to say that im a kings purist as ive grown to be big fans of miller and peja, even if that trade was laid out would the wolves accept it? i mean they gotta keep garnett to keep fans there. im still excited about the idea of rahim though i mean to have bibby/peja/rahim/miller and either garcia martin or evans at the 2 that would be a nice lineup.

VF21 said:
I would not only make the trade, I would harness a team of furry minions to drive whichever players are going East to their new homes. And I would do it hopping on one foot and singing "Doo dah" ...
I'd clean off my futon for KG and drive him to and from Arco until he got a place to stay.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
GoGoGadget said:
I'd clean off my futon for KG and drive him to and from Arco until he got a place to stay.
Such generosity of spirit, G3. I salute you.

(Oops. That was the wrong emoticon the first time. :eek: )

Last edited:

Bricklayer

Omaha-King7275 said:
i was simply trying to say that im a kings purist as ive grown to be big fans of miller and peja, even if that trade was laid out would the wolves accept it? i mean they gotta keep garnett to keep fans there. im still excited about the idea of rahim though i mean to have bibby/peja/rahim/miller and either garcia martin or evans at the 2 that would be a nice lineup.
It would quite literally be the softest lineup in the NBA. The Suns have Marion and Amare. Even the Mavs have Howard and Dampier. We'd have wall to wall weenies.

Again, what is the goal here? If its to have a chance at 50 wins while scoring lots of points. Sure, let's do it. If its to be a serious franchise in the championship mix, you have to be kidding me. I can only imagine what would happen if we threw that lineup out there against Detroit or San Antonio in the Finals. It would be embarrassing. Might rather be sucky than be soft. At least you can look yourself in the mirror afterward.

how would that be the softest lineup in the nba? and tell me how howard and dampier would be better than our lineup. so dampier a guy that gets posterized and has no offensive game is better than a guy like miller that is crafty, not athletic but crafty, has a nice jumper and a great passer. the team that we had in playoffs this season just give them a full training camp and a chance to practice with each other and this team could be a contender, of course with the addition of rahim or swift.