Rahim

O

ONEZERO

I've honestly reached a point where I don't care who gets traded now as long as it makes us better with only one exception- don't trade bibby.

striker said:
Having such contempt for Rasho as a player it must be pretty disconcerting to realize that if Rasho were on the Kings he would be their best interior defender.
OK...I don't HATE the guy or anything...and I completely agree that he would be our best interior defender. Does that say anything good about us? Does that mean he has the same value as SAR? Not in my opinion.

O

ONEZERO

^^^^ lmao..... Hahahahahha.... That's the funniest thing I've seen in a long time..... Lmao... Lol. OMG... That's hilarious.... Lmao.

BibityBobtyBoom said:
Rasho is weaksauce. And i would trade bibby if it meant getting garnett because we could just keep bobby and draft or get a new pg next year
Wow. I love Bobby, but I don't want to depend on him as the starting PG. He's missed huge chunks of the last 3 seasons! :eek: Having him as Bibby's only back-up is even risky IMHO. He's not getting any younger either.

Last edited:
Bricklayer said:
Worst year at age 21.

But he was 9.6pts 5.9rebs in 23.9min this season, with the limited minutes because of KMart.

And as a starter (18gms) he averaged 12.7pts 6.9rebs in 28.9min -- not much speculation really. Kid's getting better. 15 and 8 in 35 min would be no stretch at all.

P.S. And yes, I have been advocating Peja/Brad for KG well back into the season. But its not proprietary -- like this Nene deal, it just makes sense to a lot of people.
You did indeed. My apologies. It's every bit your trade.

Bricklayer said:
3) Spurs, despite the defensive and rebounding prowess, have long had a bit of soft lingering about them too. Without Horry, they choke this Finals, which would have been 3 of the last 5 years they choked/collapsed out of the playoffs.
Of course Horry did choke against LA last season (2004). Actually was horrible on both ends and missed open shots, several of them.

Interesting thing about Game 5, is Billups was the only Piston doing well on offense, not like the entire team was kicking their ***. Another funny thing was Horry missed about 4 wide open layups in the first half that could have extended to Spurs lead to about 14-16 of that first half in Game 5.

Why is LA credited for being such a great title team in your eyes Brick, when they needed an Horry miracle to beat the Kings without their 2nd best player? Aren't a lot of titles won on last second shots?

Isn't it a little simplistic to credit Horry for their title? Wasn't Horry the reason the Lakers won in 2002 as well by that logic?

And why not just call Pop and Duncan chokers, they are the only constants in SA over the last decade.

Last edited:

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
Bricklayer said:
If you're the Spurs on the other hand you have the defense, rebounding, interior shotblocking already taken care of, and like the Brent Barry acquisition, you feel like maybe you can afford Rahim.
There's a reason why guys like Duncan and KG don't get traded. If you find a building block like that, you don't let them go for anything. I don't think that's evidence so much of those franchises being better at evaluating talent, it's a sign that they got really lucky and hit the lotto with a top pick at the right time. We, on the other hand, were fortunate enough to have the top pick in one of the worst drafts of all time and plucked out Pervis Ellison to be our franchise man. But it's not like there was a Duncan or a KG there that we passed up. If San Antonio drafts Pervis Ellison instead of Duncan, do they even sniff at a title in the last 10 years? I think not.

People say he is too small, but what is the difference between a 6'9 245, and a 6'10 (or so they say Webber is) 245?

People are saying SAR is too small, but I think his height/weight is about right for a PF.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
There's nothing wrong with his size, per se; as has been previously mentioned, however, Abdur-Rahim doesn't play like a PF; he plays like a big SF.

Čarolija said:
Pipedream

KG will NEVER be a King and people should deal with that. It simply ain't gonna happen. Lets focus on what is gettable out there so if Petrie can get both Nene and Abdul-Rahim and still keep our core of Bibby, Peja and Miller then he would have done an excellent job.
Why?

I mean, seriously, what is the harm in throwing out a trade scenario even if its a pipedream? Sure, it will probably never happen (unfortunately), but did taking the three seconds to read it really offend you THAT much?

Its the offseason, for **** sake. Pass the pipe and let me dream.

GoGoGadget said:
Why?

I mean, seriously, what is the harm in throwing out a trade scenario even if its a pipedream? Sure, it will probably never happen (unfortunately), but did taking the three seconds to read it really offend you THAT much?

Its the offseason, for **** sake. Pass the pipe and let me dream.
Amen...I'd like a hit...