[Game] Preseason Kings @ Lakers 10/3/2022 7:30pm Pacific 10:30pm Eastern

Status
Not open for further replies.

dude12

Hall of Famer
I'm confused. Are we talking about how bad their defense was to start the game and taking that as a sign that they're going to be awful all year, or are we discounting the improvement after that first time out because it's only the first half of the first preseason game?
Gibberish talk. Maybe guys can wait for more than 10 minutes to assess….or not.

I'm confused. Are we talking about how bad their defense was to start the game and taking that as a sign that they're going to be awful all year, or are we discounting the improvement after that first time out because it's only the first half of the first preseason game?
My bad. Meant to say discount the 2nd half. I was more focused on Fox and Sabonis’s defense as they will play the bulk of the minutes. I didn’t see it improving much.

gunks

Hall of Famer
I really don't get why our resident Negative Nancys are coming fast and loose with the bizarro logic and goalpost moving in this thread.

... it's like, just be patient, this is the Kings we're talking about! In 5 regular season games or less you'll have plenty of legitimate complaints to make!

I really don't get why our resident Negative Nancys are coming fast and loose with the bizarro logic and goalpost moving in this thread.

... it's like, just be patient, this is the Kings we're talking about! In 5 regular season games or less you'll have plenty of legitimate complaints to make!
If they wait, there is the chance the team looks good and they can't crap on them.

Getting licks in early is a good sign they think the team can win.

I think you underestimate their powers.
Even when the Kings were winning 50+ games every year and enjoying the post season, there were always those who only saw the negative side of things. It's life. Some people just live in a negative bubble, can't see the positive side through their negative worldview.

If they wait, there is the chance the team looks good and they can't crap on them.

Getting licks in early is a good sign they think the team can win.
There is a VERY real chance Keegan ends up being a super solid third (hell, maybe even second) option this coming year and there will still be chatter around here the Kings should have traded down for another pick next year and a project player. Cliche, but gift horse and mouth.

This is a game thread is it not? Meant for comments about play in that particular game is it not? Am I happy Fox’s D sucked? Nope I’m not but I don’t see the point in putting lipstick on a pig either.

If Fox plays better D next game I will be happy to point it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.