[Game] Preseason Kings @ Lakers 10/3/2022 7:30pm Pacific 10:30pm Eastern

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks to clearly be a 4, but potentially has that athleticism to switch out onto the perimeter(or at least from what I can gleam in 10 minutes of watching him).

Wing-sized Richaun Holmes is good enough for me.
I think he could be what they were hoping Jeffries would become and that type of player can be immensely valuable. As evidenced by teams still looking at DaQuan after never quite getting there.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Looks to clearly be a 4, but potentially has that athleticism to switch out onto the perimeter(or at least from what I can gleam in 10 minutes of watching him).

Wing-sized Richaun Holmes is good enough for me.
It's really hard to think of a good player comp for the guy because the only other 6'6" forwards built like him who've had success in this league over the past couple of decades are PJ Tucker, Ron Artest, and Draymond Green and it's really unfair to compare Chima to those three lol

It's really hard to think of a good player comp for the guy because the only other 6'6" forwards built like him who've had success in this league over the past couple of decades are PJ Tucker, Ron Artest, and Draymond Green and it's really unfair to compare Chima to those three lol
Eye test I'll say maybe Scotty Barnes? Obviously Barnes is taller and better at most if not all categories...

Yeah I dont think you really need one. Looked explosive on a few of his drives and obviously that bowling ball forward build can be insanely valuable if he's able to switch out onto the perimeter.

Regardless, I've already seen enough. I don't need Delly/Cook taking a roster spot. Gamble on the wing with some athletic measurables over another small guard which there are a 1000 of that you can go sign if you need one.

So one of the best defensive role players in the NBA, two ex-DPOYs, and a guy slated to be a future All-NBA guy? The Kings better clear some cap room to extend Chima now then.
Just potentially the same archetype... haha

There's a clear difference between MJ and Harold Miner.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Right now either they commit to having a smaller Lyles or Metu as a 3rd big or they see the obvious duplication there and get at least one of them out of Murray's freaking way.
I think it depends on how confident they are in Queta's growth. If they think Neemias is ready to contribute, I could totally see them trading Len to a team looking for some cap relief as a 4.5 million expiring. Outright cutting him doesn't really hurt because he is expiring this year but it's probably not the best way to manage that asset.

Those were my other two. Merrill looked to have a dead eye, but is there any room at all in the guard room to bother keeping him around?
I think Merril is the other cut and sign him to a G-League contract. We obviously can't protect, but I think he'd be a good guy to keep in Stockton for a year with Keon/Queta and see what he can do.

Status
Not open for further replies.