[Game] Preseason Kings @ Lakers 10/3/2022 7:30pm Pacific 10:30pm Eastern

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Keegan just slots perfectly into the starting lineup. Okpala probably makes it a bit better defensively but the 1-5 of Fox, Huerter, Barnes, Murray, Sabonis is just a clean starting unit.

I'm a bit leery on Okpala minutes because in lieu of that means someone amongst Barnes or Murray is playing a bit too many minutes at 3 for my liking.
I do too. Why he was my pick all off-season. He's just an absolute stud fit around what Fox and Sabonis do best and the big wing archetype is incredibly rare and what every team is looking for. It's what wins.

Just hope Brown doesn't get in his own way. KZ is his boy, but he has to look at the bigger picture of what Keegan's development means to the future of the team. And he's shown us nothing but being more than ready for a big role from the jump.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
Oh how many are we over right now? How many do we need to cut?
Queta and Elllis will go to the G-League. But if I recall correctly we can keep three of Delly, Cook, Okpala, Bazemore, Moneke, and Merrill.

Okpala in the starting lineup probably means he's punched his ticket. So two of the other five.

I do too. Why he was my pick all off-season. He's just an absolute stud fit around what Fox and Sabonis do best and the big wing archetype is incredibly rare and what every team is looking for. It's what wins.

Just hope Brown doesn't get in his own way. KZ is his boy, but he has to look at the bigger picture of what Keegan's development means to the future of the team. And he's shown us nothing but being more than ready for a big role from the jump.
Every coach of ours has a fixation with some random player and it drives me nuts... I hope that doesn't happen.

Though at least Okpala isn't an over the hill vet.... though he's still not that good.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude

Not for nothing but I wonder how active the Kings are actually shopping HB. With KZ in the rotation/starting lineup, there's suddenly a minutes crunch between HB and Murray

Queta and Elllis will go to the G-League. But if I recall correctly we can keep three of Delly, Cook, Okpala, Bazemore, Moneke, and Merrill.

Okpala in the starting lineup probably means he's punched his ticket. So two of the other five.
Hmmm that's tough. I feel that Brown would like to keep Delly as a tempo-changing guard. Moneke and Bazemore are going to fight for being similar players providing similar things if we are set to keep Okpala. Merrill got the stroke and 3 is at utmost priority in today's game...

I just don't think Cook or Delly are necessary at all. Monk/Huerter can run emergency PG in a pinch or just run the entire offense through Sabonis. And if you needed a long-term back-up Point, you can make a move then.

I'd rather gamble on the wings if there's anything there. Just more overall upside to help the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.