[Game] Preseason Kings @ Lakers 10/3/2022 7:30pm Pacific 10:30pm Eastern

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
And it's not like Monte went out and built a team that should even be expected to dominate on that end anyway. They are prepared to eventually switch well potentially. Teams kill you on pick and roll, not backdoors. The bread will have to buttered on offense. There's no other way.
Yeah, conceptually at least Mike Brown has the Kings in a position to not just get totally boatraced off the floor every night, which is about all we can ask for unless someone randomly develops into Draymond out there.

Being a top 10 offense and top 20 defense this season should be the goal. We don't need to be the Boston Celtics of last season out there.

First impression on offence was the team is moving the ball more but maybe lacking a bit of coherence. Defence I've seen both turnstile defence and points off turnovers, with only the prior expected as a kingsfan.

Yeah, conceptually at least Mike Brown has the Kings in a position to not just get totally boatraced off the floor every night, which is about all we can ask for unless someone randomly develops into Draymond out there.

Being a top 10 offense and top 20 defense this season should be the goal. We don't need to be the Boston Celtics of last season out there.
And with the way the playoffs looked, building a pure shooting team appears to be the cheat code. This makes sense for sure, now it's up to Brown to play to the strengths of his team. So far, I think he gets it.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Okpala getting minutes over Murray is a joke. Don't think I can even handle it in preseason.
Probably wouldn't have looked as bad if the team didn't look like it was shooting a bowling ball the entire half. KZ was solid on defense and his lack of offensive anything probably wouldn't have stuck out like a sore thumb if Barnes or Huerter were capable of hitting from the perimeter to start.

Okpala getting minutes over Murray is a joke. Don't think I can even handle it in preseason.
Eh, if Okpala starts because they need a stopper then so be it but yeah, I'd rather see Murray get burn with the core now not later as a bail out. That's just going to make things tougher on everyone. Monte used a 4th pick on the kid and traded a first rounder for Huerter. Lets not question the value placed on these guys already. They are a part of the core.

Status
Not open for further replies.