[Game] Preseason Game 3: Kings at Warriors, 10/10/10 7pm PST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
And suddenly the sky is falling...

Two preseason games in and suddenly the endless optimism after the first game has been replaced by depression and getting lost in a bottle. I think now would be the best time to iterate that it is only the first week of preseason and we happened to be missing a few pieces and Reke played a whopping nine minutes.

All I can say is that Blake Griffen is the real deal and I sure hope he doesn't blow out his knee again*

Award time (HAPLESSLY SHORTENED BY THE PRESEASON)

LW-VC Award: DeAndre Jordan. Managed to foul out in 15 minutes with a whopping statline of 1 point and 3 rebounds. Thankfully its preseason but considering that he was considered a talented bigman prospect several years back, I thought he could have at least grabbed a few boards and maybe dunked it at least once just for good measure.

JH-AN Award: So many people to choose from. I ended up having to go with Marcus Landry. In 13 minutes, he put up 2 points, 3 rebounds, and 4 fouls. Definite starter stats for sure. Thankfully its preseason.

Matchups:
Kings fans versus no TV: Will we survive (Answer: It's preseason)
Westphal vs. Random SFs: Who gets to be anonymous 3 to suck up minutes today? (Answer: Wright's starting
Tyreke versus the bench: Will he manage to play at least 10 minutes?
Team versus Injuries: No one get hurt for meaningless games.

Slight note: When I said this about Greg Oden, he proceeded to blow his knees up not once but twice. Hoping this doesn't happen with Blake.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Carl Landry our with an eye injury per J. Jones's twitter.

I guess it was a good thing Donte gained weight because now we may actually need him to play some 4 and 5

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
It seems every day somebody gets hurt/injured and misses the following game. I sure hope it's just because it's preseason and we won't have this problem come regular season. Regarding the game itself, Curry vs Evans match up is always fun, too bad we can't watch, again...D. Lee should murder us, that is all.

I don't know if I can post this, or if you already know it, but if you want to see the game check this site out:

edited link out

It' good for preseason games, I always watch the Kings there. FOr the season, I buy the International Pass on NBA.com
Can't post those links in this forum.. But ya, most of us know about those. Sad thing is that same site posted the other two games as well but neither time was it correct. I don't expect this time to be any different.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Carl Landry our with an eye injury per J. Jones's twitter.

I guess it was a good thing Donte gained weight because now we may actually need him to play some 4 and 5
Who would have thought we would need everyone of our 5-deep big rotation, and its not even halfway through preseason yet?

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
And there goes Evans just that quick with fouls.

Not terribly amused with our preseason so far. What should have been a nice slow build of cohesiveness and sorting out rotations is turning into a chaotic mess of injuries, confused kids, and lack of focus. Winning or losing doesn't matter, but you want to eventually start doing something, start playing at elast somewhat like you are going to play in the regular season. We just seem to be in chaos instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.