[Pre-season] Kings @ Spurs, 10/6/17 - 5:30PT/8:30ET

My mini grades

Malachi - C- - Pretty solid defense. Miss the free throw on an And 1. Shot not falling.

Skal - B - Hook and stroke as good as ever. Defense and rebounding as bad as ever. Aldridge is just too strong for him.

WCS - B - Got a little shot happy but was still a positive on offense. Defense was still just meh. Rebounded decently.

Hield - B+ - Was good out there. He's improved his ball handling and looks like he's added another dimension to his game that we should see this year. Defense still bad.

Fox - B+ - Started slow but heated up during his second stint. Hit a corner 3. Defense wasn't as good as last game but still pesky.

Bogdan - C+ - Seems too passive. Passed up a couple of three point opportunities that I know he would have taken in Europe. Solid playmaking. Average play.

Papa - D - Still has a long way to go. Scored more buckets than last time but still got abused on defense and had numerous goofy mistakes.

Mason - C - Box score doesn't show it but he is a spark plug. Someone compared him to Bobby Jackson. I like that comparison. Doesn't play like a rookie.

Jackson - D- - Scored a couple buckets but I thought he was worse than last game where he went 0 for. Defense was bad. Played like a rookie.
Did you see the game?

It was not televised. You were there? There was an arena feed on YouTube but that video was poor. I don't know how you could do a fair grade assessment off that.
Seriously Blob? You're going to give a multiple paragraph assessment off a highlight clip and then turn around and question the validity of mine?

Don't you worry about how I did my grade assessment. A lot of folks here didn't see the game so I wanted to just make a quick post to tell them how each individual player played. Don't go around calling people out who are contributing to the board.

Seriously Blob? You're going to give a multiple paragraph assessment off a highlight clip and then turn around and question the validity of mine?

Don't you worry about how I did my grade assessment. A lot of folks here didn't see the game so I wanted to just make a quick post to tell them how each individual player played. Don't go around calling people out who are contributing to the board.
I am not calling you out, LOL, I was just asking what I thought was a reasonable question. You don't need to be so defensive. I personally do not think you can do legitimate grades based on a poor video but perhaps you had access to video I did not. My "multiple paragraph assessment" on Buddy, Fox and JJ was based on combination of what I have seen so far, including a few plays from last night.

Well I did post grades while watching it in SD so deal with it. I didn't realize grades were for HD only users. I guess everything i watched before HD tv existed was a lie too? Should we have to submit eye exam results to you before grading as well? I don't even know why I'm responding. I'm dealing with a crazy person!

Well I did post grades while watching it in SD so deal with it. I didn't realize grades were for HD only users. I guess everything i watched before HD tv existed was a lie too? Should we have to submit eye exam results to you before grading as well? I don't even know why I'm responding. I'm dealing with a crazy person!
Where is this rudeness coming from? Did we have past debates that left you with ill-feelings towards me? I don't personalize the interactions or always remember specific names. Your defensiveness and hostility reflects ALL on you not me. Why are you are calling me a "crazy person"? You are the one who sounds emotionally fragile. All I did was ask if you had access to video I was unaware of. The video feed I saw was poor and I would personally would not offer up grades based on this resource, but if you want to MORE POWER TO YOU, fine by me. It was just a harmless inquiry! So sensitive.

Where is this rudeness coming from? Did we have past debates that left you with ill-feelings towards me? I don't personalize the interactions or always remember specific names. Your defensiveness and hostility reflects ALL on you not me. Why are you are calling me a "crazy person"? You are the one who sounds emotionally fragile. All I did was ask if you had access to video I was unaware of. The video feed I saw was poor and I would personally would not offer up grades based on this resource, but if you want to MORE POWER TO YOU, fine by me. It was just a harmless inquiry! So sensitive.
Lol, both of you. Chillll. All is well

I guess we watched something different then because it was better than the first game for me. Only annoying thing were the replays that wiped out the beginning of a handful of possessions. Either way it was certainly good enough to talk about it.

I agree. I think he's going to start Hill/Buddy/Temple/Z-Bo/Koufos and make Skal and Willie beat out the vets.
Even then Koufos has never averaged more than 22 mpg in a season and Zbo probably can't play more than 24 mpg now, so they should still be getting decent minutes. Then again we saw an uncomfortable amount of Matt Barnes last year so what do I know.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
MOD NOTE: Stuff about someone being fragile, sensitive, etc. is unacceptable and totally unnecessary. KNOCK IT OFF. Thanks.

Disagree. I think who starts, beyond Hill, will be situational.
Disagree. Coaches know players need structure. Moving guys around the rotation night in and out creates issues. I think it will be Hill, Hield, Temple, Zbo, WCS as starters to begin season. That could change at some point in the season but i dont think we will see different lineups every game.

Disagree. Coaches know players need structure. Moving guys around the rotation night in and out creates issues. I think it will be Hill, Hield, Temple, Zbo, WCS as starters to begin season. That could change at some point in the season but i dont think we will see different lineups every game.
Did I say that Joerger would be moving guys in and out of the rotation every night? I just said it's situational; meaning there will be games where Joerger will feel that a particular player has an opportunity to have a strong game based on the opposing team and that player's likely conterpart(s). I don't think Skal and WCS, for example, are going to be either in or out of the starting lineup. Joerger has said countless times that he likes to put young players in situations where they have the best chance of being successful, and to allow them to build off that success. If you need to have the last word on this, go for it. But only time will tell for sure.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Did I say that Joerger would be moving guys in and out of the rotation every night? I just said it's situational; meaning there will be games where Joerger will feel that a particular player has an opportunity to have a strong game based on the opposing team and that player's likely conterpart(s). I don't think Skal and WCS, for example, are going to be either in or out of the starting lineup. Joerger has said countless times that he likes to put young players in situations where they have the best chance of being successful, and to allow them to build off that success. If you need to have the last word on this, go for it. But only time will tell for sure.
I actually think you're both right. I agree players need structure and should know what the plan is. I also agree that Joerger will be looking at games in a situational basis to, as jacassio said, see where certain players may have better opportunities for strong games.

One of the things I'm looking forward to the most is to see the players grow together, to become a cohesive team that puts the team ahead of themselves. I was lucky enough to see one team like that in my lifetime - I'm truly hoping this can be a second one.

There's so much to be optimistic about. It is indeed a good time to be a Kings fan.