Post your Photos

underwater pics

I've been scuba diving in the Philippines this summer and so I thought I'd share some of our underwater pictures.

Attachments

Last edited:

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
On Sunday, we had a fire in the canyon to the west of me. We were able to get access to a spot overlooking all the action and got some great pictures:

Fire retardant being dropped.

Note the helicopter in the middle of the frame to get an idea of the size.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME

One of the copters using buckets to drop water on the fire.

The nozzle and hose enable the copter to draw water up into the belly of the chopper to drop on the fire.

Another helicopter working in very hazardous conditions in steep terrain in a canyon.

Last edited:

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Nope. This is the Woodleaf fire. I'm pulling up a map on MapQuest, but it takes forever on dial-up.

;)

EDIT: Well, I give up. They just don't want to let me get a decent map.

Last edited:
Beautiful images, KK. Did you get a chance to see the Kurinji flowers that blossom once every 12 years?
Yes, infact one of the main reasons that I went this year was to see the rare Neelakurinji flowers that only blossom every 12 years. You can find them in patches on the way to Palini Hills (Kodaikanal). I will upload the pics when i get more time. I'm surprised that you had heard of them CHL.:)

6th

Homer Fan Since 1985
Yes, infact one of the main reasons that I went this year was to see the rare Neelakurinji flowers that only blossom every 12 years. You can find them in patches on the way to Palini Hills (Kodaikanal). I will upload the pics when i get more time. I'm surprised that you had heard of them CHL.:)

Wonderful!! I will be anxiously awaiting the pictures. :)

Hey, that is my native state! It's been a while since I had been there and hoped that you didn't miss the distinctive beautiful flora of the region. Looking forward for your photos. :)

A picture of my youngest daughter (just about 1 yr old)

I took it with a camera I bought for $10 in Beijing, an old knockoff of a Rollei twin-lens reflex. The film also came from Beijing, cost 45 cents, and expired in 2000 (the year I bought it)... I wasn't sure ANYTHING was going to show up when I took the pic!