Please Houston

DO NOT ALLOW DALLAS TO WIN ONE AT HOME. THE SATISFACTION I WOULD GET FROM A FIRST ROUND SWEEP WOULD BE TOO MUCH!! T-MAC LIGHT THEM UP AGAIN, YAO DO YOUR THING AND GRAB THOSE IMPORTANT REBOUNDS, MUTUMBO KEEP THOSE HUSTLE PLAYS COMIN. GAME 1 WAS GREAT NOW FINISH THE SHOW...PLEASE! BEING FROM TEXAS I REALLY DONT ROOT FOR ANY TEXAS TEAMS BUT MY HATE FOR THE MAVS IS SO MUCH I AM REALLY GOING FOR HOUSTON (FOR THIS SERIES) IMHO THE MAVS AND DIRK HAVE BEEN GREATLY OVERRATED THIS SEASON. ANYONE AGREE?

GO KINGS!!!

dirk overrated? the guy is a superstar and is almost unstoppable the guy averages 26 and 10 on 45% shooting, 38% from three. The guy is more underrated than anything else. guy should be in the MVP talks

dallas have no guys with big ego's, how can anyone hate them? they are a classy franchise to me. People may hate cuban but the guy is great for the game

ray i have to respectfully disagree. for one, imho nash and oneal are the only legitimate mvp contenders there is. im not buying into the dallas has no big ego thing either especially since i have been reading articles saying the team as a whole may be alittle over confident. dirk and finely are definetely big headed. i cant stand those guys. there is nothing classy about dallas players or their fans. nothing would be better than to see them lose (except a kings ring of course)

Last edited:
D

Double E

Ray Allen34 said:
dallas have no guys with big ego's, how can anyone hate them? they are a classy franchise to me. People may hate cuban but the guy is great for the game
Have your team play another three straight years in the playoffs, and you will "hate" that team too.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Ray Allen34 said:
dirk overrated? the guy is a superstar and is almost unstoppable the guy averages 26 and 10 on 45% shooting, 38% from three. The guy is more underrated than anything else. guy should be in the MVP talks

Different teams and their fans have different rivalries and teams they just don't like.

Most of us around here do NOT like the Mavericks. Period. A lot of it steps from the haughty attitudes of Mark Cuban, some of the players AND a number of the fans (those like evilmav2 NOT included) who have come to our board over the years and acted like complete and total trolls.

You, a Sonics fan, probably have teams you don't like - although the idea of the Sonics actually having a real rivalry doesn't ring right for some reason.

Look at it this way: It's about the Hatfields and the McCoys. You're a Smith.

;)

Dallas fans were REALLY hoping the Kings would do better down the stretch so they wouldn't have to play Houston. Looks like their doubts had some foundation.

LMAO @ Dallas if they lose this series...

we had plenty of rivarlies during the 90's and to be honest there wasn't one team i really hated. I didn't hate the 8th seeded nuggets thta beat us in round one. Dallas just seem likeable guys to me and it's not like we don't play them 4 times a year either

honestly though, most dallas fans don't seem to care who they face. They believe this is their year and most of them were happy with Houston for some reason.

I beg to differ, Ray. Dallas was pulling for Sacto...they did NOT want Houston or Denver. I hang on a Mavs board now and then and they were generally not pleased with the way things shook down, although they still did think they could beat Houston, they weren't as confident about their chances.

These have been some heated playoff series between Mavs and Kings. Mostly, I dislike Cuban. I disliked them (not HATED) them a lot more when Najera, NVE and Nash were on the team, though...

atx I know you are new to the board so I just want to say welcome...and that you are A-OKAY to me...I'd like to think I'm the biggest Dallas Mavs hater of all time...not just on this board but in the word...I hate the Mavs and I hate their fans...I hate everything about that organization....I will never give them the credit that they deserve and if you see me give them credit its usually backed up with some rude diss :)

Dallas most definetly wanted to play the Kings cuz 1) we were the easiest of the bottom 4 teams to face and 2) they wanted revenge for knocking them out in 5 games last year (a series by the way that they actually thought they'd win-bahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahhaha)...sure Dallas fans do think that this is "their year" (bahahaha) and that ultimately they could beat anybody in a seven game series...but don't tell me that they wouldn't want the easiest first round opponent...pffft please!

BTW-I hate the Mavs!

As a mavs fan I never said it was our year. 3 reasons:

1. too many injuries (Mavs have lost the most man games due to injuries)
2. uhhh, how about a late season coaching change?
3. let's see, you bring in 7 new players over the course of the offseason and season....doesn't do much for team chemistry does it?

That being said - I do expect the team to atleast get by Houston in the 1st round. But to win it all this year? No, likely not happening.

But next year the NBA needs to watch out. Imagine the Mavs squad with far less injuries and under one system, one coach, and one philosophy. Could be a scary thought...

My previous post of course, takes for granted that Cubes doesn't blow the team up like he always does (and that's the only complaint I have of our owner...)

mavsman said:
As a mavs fan I never said it was our year. 3 reasons:

1. too many injuries (Mavs have lost the most man games due to injuries)
2. uhhh, how about a late season coaching change?
3. let's see, you bring in 7 new players over the course of the offseason and season....doesn't do much for team chemistry does it?

That being said - I do expect the team to atleast get by Houston in the 1st round. But to win it all this year? No, likely not happening.

But next year the NBA needs to watch out. Imagine the Mavs squad with far less injuries and under one system, one coach, and one philosophy. Could be a scary thought...
Except for a coaching change, that sounds like what the Kings went through this season.

yea but you can't underestimate just how big of a philosophical change that was. Think about Nellie's style of play (small ball, 6'8" centers) and making that transition to Avery's style of play (emphasis on D, much more half court game)

This Mavs team is going to be fun to watch next year I think they can really go all the way next year....this year - would be tough but I think they can still do it.

Hopefully they beat the Rox first.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
mavsman said:
My previous post of course, takes for granted that Cubes doesn't blow the team up like he always does (and that's the only complaint I have of our owner...)
Expecting Mark Cuban NOT to go nuts and totally blow up the team if they don't go far in the playoffs is like expecting the sun not to rise in the east...

It could be worse, however. You could have Dan Gilbert as your owner.

;)

A

AriesMar27

wow... houston with 2 straight in the big d and yao is dunking on people... well... the yare still the mavs.... but damn..... go rockets.... mcgrady wants to got to the 2nd round more than anyone in the playoffs this year....