Please Houston

I love Houston especially since they were in China with the Kings and bonded with our players. But seeing them put a nail in Dallas' coffin makes me love them so much more.

i must be the only one rooting for dallas against houston.
in my opinion, the kings match up against the mavs a lot better than against the rockets.

Citrus: I know as of late March it was the Mavs that had the title of most injuries in the league but if it's not, it's gotta be up there tops of the league (and I'm not counting suspensions - if that were the case the Pacers would be leaps and bounds ahead of every team in the league)

Tough loss last night. Series isn't over - if anyone can pull it off it's the Mavericks who've had one of the best road records in the NBA all season long, going 29-12

Another team had more owies than us??? That's amazing, still doesn't make me like them though. GO ROCKETS!!!! Get out the brooms. I'd love to see Dirk going fishing as well as another member of that team who I won't mention!!! 3 guesses as to who that is!!

sloter said:
i must be the only one rooting for dallas against houston.
in my opinion, the kings match up against the mavs a lot better than against the rockets.
That's assuming, of course, that we make it through the Sonics and the Spurs/Nuggets. We wouldn't meet the Mavs/Rockets until the Western Conference Finals.

Oh...and just to chime in...I HATE the Mavs, and yes, when we had a rivalry with Utah in the playoffs I hated them too. And after a couple more games, I'll probably hate the Sonics also. And I don't feel bad about it!

D

DeAtHrOw

That being said - I do expect the team to atleast get by Houston in the 1st round. But to win it all this year? No, likely not happening.

-> What are you smoking bud? Get by Houston? Which year??

mavsman said:
My previous post of course, takes for granted that Cubes doesn't blow the team up like he always does (and that's the only complaint I have of our owner...)
Thats a fairly HUGE complaint.

Cuban is basically the Dan Snyder of the NBA. Like the MAVS, the Redskins ALWAYS have a HUGE offseason, with all sorts of blockbuster action. Its time for the Mavs to start actually maturing and refing their team, rather than constantly blowing it up. However, I don't think cubes has it in him to let things be, ESPECIALLY if the Mavs get booted out of the first round this year.

Do you think he'd ever be able to resist the Josh Howard and Devin Haris for <<insert player with big time star-power name recognition here>> deal when it becomes available this offseason?

I dont.

VF21 said:
Expecting Mark Cuban NOT to go nuts and totally blow up the team if they don't go far in the playoffs is like expecting the sun not to rise in the east...

It could be worse, however. You could have Dan Gilbert as your owner.

;)
Yeah, like SHE said..... :)

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
mavsman said:
Citrus: I know as of late March it was the Mavs that had the title of most injuries in the league but if it's not, it's gotta be up there tops of the league (and I'm not counting suspensions - if that were the case the Pacers would be leaps and bounds ahead of every team in the league)
It still wouldn't be Dallas; if you don't count Indiana, then Washington lost the most games due to injuries (312).

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
sloter said:
i must be the only one rooting for dallas against houston...
Not exactly, but my reasons have nothing to do with matchups; I firmly believe that a team should have to suffer for a few years in the playoffs before they make it to the the Finals/win a championship. That's why I'm rooting against Phoenix (1st year in the playoffs for their core, except for Nash and Marion), Denver (2nd year in the playoffs for their core, except for Camby), Chicago (1st year in playoffs for their core, except for Davis), Washington (1st year in playoffs for their core, except for Jamison) and Seattle (1st year for their core, except for Allen and Daniels).

I'm also not a big fan of teams that were "put together" to win a ring, and are therefore rooting against Houston (only one of their starters [Yao] and two of their top eight players [Yao and Mutombo] were there last season)

Mr. S£im Citrus said:

I'm also not a big fan of teams that were "put together" to win a ring, and are therefore rooting against Houston (only one of their starters [Yao] and two of their top eight players [Yao and Mutombo] were there last season)
You can take solace in knowing that teams put together hastily to win titles are 50/50 if that in terms of actually succeeding. When they fail, they're usually broken apart in chunks and new guys are hastily added. Miami is hastily assembled, even moreso than Houston. If they don't win this year on the backs of O'Neal and Wade and in spite of the rest of the gang, what's their recourse?

At any rate, I think the two superstar deal isn't as successful as it was as recently as 2002. Detroit and SA (when they claw past Denver) have got to be the favorites. They have balance, depth, play defense, and get to the line in waves.

Double E said:
Have your team play another three straight years in the playoffs, and you will "hate" that team too.
I'm a Mavs fan. I don't hate the Kings.

I think it's almost comical that all these Kings fans are like "woo Houston! sweep the Mavs!" yet the Kings are down 0-2 against the Sonics. Maybe Karma?

I don't wish bad things for the Kings, though. I like the team.