Peja!!

Thats another thing. I know we were playing zone last night and there was a lot of chasing, but our perimeter defence is porous. cuttino is just not as good as doug. and bobby is hurt.

I disagree, it takes one great defender to bring up better defense from all others, sorta what Doug did. Everytime Doug tightened his D, everyone would help out. Of course defense wasn't perfect, but at least they played average, not the nonexistant thing they call D these days. I figure eventually we will sign a defensive stopper come summer time. Lets just enjoy whats left of the season and move on.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
PFFFT!! said:
I disagree, it takes one great defender to bring up better defense from all others, sorta what Doug did. Everytime Doug tightened his D, everyone would help out. Of course defense wasn't perfect, but at least they played average, not the nonexistant thing they call D these days. I figure eventually we will sign a defensive stopper come summer time. Lets just enjoy whats left of the season and move on.
I think we need two actually -- 1 inside, 1 outside. When Doug was at his peak, Webb and Vlade still blocked enough shots to keep things interesting, and they had Pollard and briefly Keon to assist them. All of that is gone, and now its official -- a Kenny Thomas, Brad Miller, Darius Songaila frontcourt has less shotb locking than any other team in the league. Think we need two guys this summer, not one. (and actually if we move Bobby, a backup PG who can play some defesne too)

S

sashaXJR

bigbadred00 said:
sloter, I'm sick of all sasha's comments. never has had a positive one.

bure-that's what i wanted a center who plays a little D can board and block shots and move brad to the 4, we put the harder of the 2 guys to guard with the center and give brad the guy easier to guard. that's all i wanted. i just didn't want what we got. i love webber but i wanted something in return, i wanted a capable player who could play D. that's what i'm worred about. i would have rather gotten, Glen Robinson, Dalembert and Willie Green for Webber than what was given.
there is a lot postive in me...webber gone, is the most positive that I've experienced lately.....i am positive that Kings are going the right way, now that "the leader" is gone......I am one of those organic serbian king fans that came with Vlade and Peja, and I have been cheering Kings for the past 5 years...I've been all over east and west coast to road games....And I gave it up this season, I thought it wasn't worth it..not after webber's return last year (the end of our season)......I have seen a couple of games that's it, but now I'm back in it, again....webber gone, is the second best experience to me..the first being game 7 / Lakers

Bricklayer said:
I think we need two actually -- 1 inside, 1 outside. When Doug was at his peak, Webb and Vlade still blocked enough shots to keep things interesting, and they had Pollard and briefly Keon to assist them. All of that is gone, and now its official -- a Kenny Thomas, Brad Miller, Darius Songaila frontcourt has less shotb locking than any other team in the league. Think we need two guys this summer, not one. (and actually if we move Bobby, a backup PG who can play some defesne too)
Im curious do you have anyone in mind...any ideas? who are the good defending PGs?

Bricklayer said:
Do you think the Kings will pick up BJs option at the end of the season? Personally I think Petrie will wait and see whats available in FA and then if nothing could pick it up. 2 injuries in a row, and his age lead me to believe that. I agree by having 2, but considering we have little room to move around this summer, I think 1 should do for now, unless we can do a trade.

P

PejaStojakovic

I just red one of the Pejas interviews for some serbian newspaper.

And he said that this trade is not his fault and he feel bad ,because everyone thinks hes the one who got him TRADED.

Also,He tried to call Webber to but he didnt answer the phone.

PejaStojakovic said:
I just red one of the Pejas interviews for some serbian newspaper.

And he said that this trade is not his fault and he feel bad ,because everyone thinks hes the one who got him TRADED.

Caller ID ;)

PejaStojakovic said:
If you got sent to another city, had to secure all your paperwork (i.e. selling the house, packing, writing the letter to the fans, tying loose ends). Calling a team mate who might have been the reason of your departure wouldn't be on the top of your list :p

sloter said:
Well, Adelman has a pretty limited choice for offense right now. Pedja is clearly the most talented one, so I can see him getting back to last season's form.
Good point.

Because, when I look at last night's 113 points, I see a team that's really at a loss offensively.