Peja has not scored over 30 since c-webb

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Peja disappears for long stretches, and the whole team has to work to get him his offense. He is not the sort of player you force the offense through. His effectiveness and efficiency are limited to those times when he cuts and gets open, comes off a screen and gets open etc. Once those opportunities are used up, there is no reason at all to force the ball to him and ask him to beat his opponent with the ball in his hands. Once he's in that situation, he's just another player and we're much better off swinging it around to somebody else.

He's down a grand total of 1.3 shots a game this year from last year, when even as option #1 he still only averaged 17 shots a game. He just doesn't have the skill set to take 20+ shots a game with any real shot at efficiency. He's not going to beat his guy one on one, not going to draw a lot of fouls, not going to break down the defense. After you've used up the open shots and sharp cuts he gets, its time to get the ball to someone else.

P.S. If Peja was hitting his shots, he'd have 30 point games during that stretch and would be averaging 22-23 ppg this season. Its his inefficiency this year as much as anything that have held his numbers down.

Last edited:
Pejas Rebounding

Peja avg over 6 rebs. for most of last year and ended up at 5.5 for the season. I'm not sure If it's because Webb is in there now, but he's def not grabbing as many as last year. Hopefully he can get back to last years clip. Same with Brad although I'm sure thats because Webb is gobbling some of his up. Hes down over 2 reb a game too. We gotta get better at team D-rebounding(gaurds and Peja).

^^ you can never have too many rebounds to share.. if webb wants 12, he can get 12, and if brad wants 12, too, then he can get 12 at the same time as webb.. why not? that goes for peja, too.. if they want to rebound, there are a lot of shots the other team will miss.. heck, they can even rebound their own missed shots..

bottomline is, we have to want to rebound, and hustle for it.. boxing out won't hurt, too..

He did it once if I recall correctly, my mistake it was another Pedja.

Sorry but you got to box out and rebound. Hopefully tonight you could prove us wrong and crash the board with say...maybe 6 or 7.:D

#1 Sac Fan said:
Peja avg over 6 rebs. for most of last year and ended up at 5.5 for the season. I'm not sure If it's because Webb is in there now, but he's def not grabbing as many as last year. Hopefully he can get back to last years clip. Same with Brad although I'm sure thats because Webb is gobbling some of his up. Hes down over 2 reb a game too. We gotta get better at team D-rebounding(gaurds and Peja).
I think it's partly because Webber is in there and there are less rebounds available. Also, he was closer to the basket last year since Vlade was here. He knew he wouldn't have Vlade to hold his hand if he strayed to far from the basket.

keflanag said:
I think it's partly because Webber is in there and there are less rebounds available.
well i dont think there are less rebounds to grab, the opponents seem to be grabbing a lot of what should be are denfensive boards.