One AND ONLY Cousins trade rumors thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't fire Karl yet until I had Thibs dialed in to be the new head coach. Sure we would take some more abuse from the national media but who gives a **** about that....they will no matter what. Fire Karl, immediately hire Thibs, at press conference...Thibs, Vlade and Vivek are solidly behind keeping Cuz. Would be epic....and quite frankly wouldn't surprise me in Kings land....nothing surprises me right now.
If Karl is fired the name to watch is Elston Turner.

Vivek made a rash decision, he heard the backlash from fans after the Malone firing and saw all the clamor for Karl from fans and hired him more as a PR move and to sell more season tickets. He made a good move firing the Weasel and bringing in Vlade. If Cousins wants to be here, Vlade and Vivek want Cousins here, the logical step is to bit the bullet, admit you have been an idiot, fire Karl and let Vlade pick his coach, let Vlade pick his players.

AdrianWojnarowski@TheRealWoj: Kings announced that coach George Karl has been relieved of basketball duties, Mike D'antoni hired to six year, $50 million contract.

AdrianWojnarowski@TheRealWoj: Vivek Ranadive says, "We were frustrated with the lack of pace on the floor. Plus, I'm a billionaire, so, you know, this is saving me from building that dinosaur park."

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
AdrianWojnarowski@TheRealWoj: Kings announced that coach George Karl has been relieved of basketball duties, Mike D'antoni hired to six year, $50 million contract.

AdrianWojnarowski@TheRealWoj: Vivek Ranadive says, "We were frustrated with the lack of pace on the floor. Plus, I'm a billionaire, so, you know, this is saving me from building that dinosaur park."
Where's a sarcasm emoji, when you need one?

Given the disaster this has been, I wouldn't be surprised if there is mutiny among the minority owners coming soon. Vivek is a smart guy, but absolutely no clue how to run an NBA franchise.

Seeee this is why none of us will never be NBA GMs. Almost 99% of Kings fan petitioned for Karl. Look at the back fire. Maybe if the FO wasn't under all this pressure by the fans, the hire wouldn't have happened and we could've had Thibbs.

Yea, hopefully the FO will NEVER take in consideration of fan's opinions.

Even with that being said, I'm going to write a strong letter to Vlade about how we should pick Mario or WCS

Vivek made a rash decision, he heard the backlash from fans after the Malone firing and saw all the clamor for Karl from fans and hired him more as a PR move and to sell more season tickets. He made a good move firing the Weasel and bringing in Vlade. If Cousins wants to be here, Vlade and Vivek want Cousins here, the logical step is to bit the bullet, admit you have been an idiot, fire Karl and let Vlade pick his coach, let Vlade pick his players.
If he values public opinion, or is concerned with it, which I believe he does and doesn't want his reputation tarnished further, Karl's head probably is on the chopping block.

As much as I've been all over Vivek for being a poor owner thus far, I do believe he's truly intent on turning this thing around. He must be recognizing Karl right now is what's between him and that goal.

I never questioned Vivek's intentions. His decision making has been poor repeatedly, but this isn't a Maloof thing. He isn't trying to turn this franchise into a dumpster fire. This doesn't excuse him for how poor the Kings have been running since he took over, but it means nothing more than what I said it means. His intentions are good.

He values public opinion, for better or worse. He is a crowd sourcer at every level, for better or worse. If you don't think the pressure Kings fans put on him to fix things in the middle of the Corbin era by bringing in Karl had an impact, you haven't been paying attention.

On that same note, the voice of this fan base is just as powerful now as it was then. If you want things to happen a certain way, keep talking about it. Keep voicing it. Someone is listening.

Given the disaster this has been, I wouldn't be surprised if there is mutiny among the minority owners coming soon. Vivek is a smart guy, but absolutely no clue how to run an NBA franchise.
I was just saying the same thing to some friends.

If there were minority owners against signing Karl, they're getting really loud about now.

Ailene Voisin ‏@ailene_voisin 26m26 minutes ago
Let's do the math: George Karl took over Kings post All Star. Eager to coach Cousins. Rumors he wanted DMC out two weeks later? Untrue folks

Ailene Voisin ‏@ailene_voisin 20m20 minutes ago
This is the time for Vivek Ranadive to let his basketball people make decisions and put an end to this nonsense. Karl coaches, Divac plans.

Ailene Voisin ‏@ailene_voisin 14m14 minutes ago
If Vivek thinking of firing Karl? Shame on Vivek. He should fire himself. Allow agents, players to run your franchise guarantees failure.

Seeee this is why none of us will never be NBA GMs. Almost 99% of Kings fan petitioned for Karl. Look at the back fire. Maybe if the FO wasn't under all this pressure by the fans, the hire wouldn't have happened and we could've had Thibbs.

Yea, hopefully the FO will NEVER take in consideration of fan's opinions.

Even with that being said, I'm going to write a strong letter to Vlade about how we should pick Mario or WCS
Most of us wouldn't have fired Malone....see...most of us would have had the Kings in a better place right now.

I still get the sense that 90% of this could be resolved if Vlade, Karl, and Cousins sit down in a room together. It's so childish: "You did X that showed me you don't like me so I'll do Y to show you I don't like you". Time to start putting some water on this fire instead of gasoline.

Status
Not open for further replies.