One AND ONLY Cousins trade rumors thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's already come to DMC v. Karl. Dave is confirming that Jones has this right and DMC is confirming that we've found the snake in the grass that's been working behind the scenes to move him out.

DMC values loyalty. If we want him to stay, Karl has to go. If we won't do that, we'll burn our bridges with DMC so badly that he's not resigning here.

gunks

Hall of Famer
This is getting to the point where it's comical....however, wasn't Karl a Pete hiring? unless Vivek was vouching for George as well and that urged Pete to establish a contract with him. I can tell you one thing....being a Kings fan definitely isn't boring anymore.
I think Karl was a Vivek hiring. I remember there was much Weasel Era confusion on this one, as to who exactly made the call.

Gotta give Vivek a pass on this one though. There was a lot of fan pressure to hire Karl, and at that point Vivek was in full blown appeasement mode. I must admit, at the time I was super excited about Karl too. Most of us were (with a few exceptions....Bricklayer, good call once again).

Now I'm on the "Fire the old troll" bandwagon.

What a mess. I'm sure Vlade loves all this going into draft night.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I think Vlade comes out of this just fine. He's dealt with politics, politicians and agents most of his adult life. His time with the Serbian Olympic group wasn't any easier than what's happening right now.

Vlade will not be intimidated; he will not be pushed around by an aggressive agent. He is quite possibly the only person on the planet Earth to be able to come out of this unscathed.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
So what does DMC's tweet mean? I'm not very good at deciphering his riddles.
It means that the truth about the situation (George Karl's duplicity) is coming to light. Notice Boogie has never said anything negative that could be construed to be about the Kings or Sacramento. This is important. He wants to stay but does not want to have to play for a coach who not only didn't want him but has been apparently campaigning with other players behind his (DMC's) back to force the FO to trade him.

Latest rumors have me thinking it's Karl on the chopping block here, not Cousins.

Seems like Karl is alone on a ledge once he lost PDA. His plan to turn the King's into the Sac Nuggets is blowing up in his face.

Ahd really George? That's dirty. Allegedly.

Gee, a coach who would openly flirt with multiple franchises that already had coaches would lie to get a job, then continue to work behind everyone's back to destroy his young star's rep?

Can't believe it. Just can not believe it.

No, I didn't predict this. But I damn sure had Karl pegged for what he is. Just didn't know how it would manifest.

:rolleyes:

I HATE Mark Jackson, but he seems like the type that will get through to Cousins. Same type of personality and both believe in "God's Plan" mumbo jumbo. Goodbye Omri though if that were to ever happen. If Karl really is on the chopping block, then bring Thibs in, if he would even agree.

It means that the truth about the situation (George Karl's duplicity) is coming to light. Notice Boogie has never said anything negative that could be construed to be about the Kings or Sacramento. This is important. He wants to stay but does not want to have to play for a coach who not only didn't want him but has been apparently campaigning with other players behind his (DMC's) back to force the FO to trade him.
I take Cuz's tweet to mean he and Vlade have an open line of communication, are on the same page and both recognize the issue. The confidence to tweet publicly as he has tells me he has support within the organization, that being Vlade.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
At the end of all this, I think it might be a good move for Boogie to fire Fegan. I think that would go a long way in him sending a message that he's King and won't tolerate his name being used to create so much drama.
Ranadive fires Karl, Cousins fires Fagan. Everybody wins. Well, everyone except those two guys.

I think Karl was a Vivek hiring. I remember there was much Weasel Era confusion on this one, as to who exactly made the call.

Gotta give Vivek a pass on this one though. There was a lot of fan pressure to hire Karl, and at that point Vivek was in full blown appeasement mode. I must admit, at the time I was super excited about Karl too. Most of us were (with a few exceptions....Bricklayer, good call once again).

I think Karl was a Ranadive hiring, another example of the rookie owner making rookie mistakes when in the fire.

Remember what Carmichael Dave said about the night before the Kings hired Karl. That he talked outside with D'Alessandro and was told that the fans are getting what they want, they are getting Karl, but eventually they are going to have to pick who they want to keep, Cousins or Karl. This doesn't sound like a guy really on board with the Karl hiring, it was just his job to get it done.

I don't think anybody directly convinced Ranadive to hire Karl, we needed a coach as things were falling apart and Karl was the biggest available name that a lot of people wanted at the time, many on this web site actually. He listened to the fans, he wants to please the fans. He really needs better advisors than he has had in the past, hopefully Divac is that advisor.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
Why am I listening to the Doug Gottlieb show on KHTK online? They usually only break the local broadcast in favor of national when there's a blackout. Are the A's playing a day game, or something?

I never wanted/liked Karl.

The blame falls back onto the fans a bit, alot of people got caught up in the "HOF" talk plus a lot of influential folks like CD campaigning daily for Karl without really looking into Karl's history beyond his wins record. I think in the end a huge part of the decision to hire Karl was that Vivek wanted to make the fans happy. Unfortunately in trying to do so he got burned majorly.

Karl took advantage of the fan campaign and scooped up a very nice retirement package.

As boogie tweeted, the grass has been cut, and the snake is showing.

Nope. If Vivek comes out and says Karl's comments are not in the best interests of the team, he'll be fine.
Karl has been working against the interests of his employer and has totally burned all bridges his franchise player. You eat 10 million bucks. Fire him for insubordination.

Or trade DMC this summer, because Karl isn't getting fired and thus he won the DMC v. Karl power struggle, which DMC will recall every time Karl does anything he doesn't like.

If the Lakers aren't putting 2 and Randall on the table today, this isn't a decision we totally have to make today. But, if you aren't deciding today, you have to take the best player long term to keep your options open. Because you don't have any idea if you're trying to add pieces to win with Cousins in the short term and resign him or blowing it up and looking long term.

I wouldn't fire Karl yet until I had Thibs dialed in to be the new head coach. Sure we would take some more abuse from the national media but who gives a **** about that....they will no matter what. Fire Karl, immediately hire Thibs, at press conference...Thibs, Vlade and Vivek are solidly behind keeping Cuz. Would be epic....and quite frankly wouldn't surprise me in Kings land....nothing surprises me right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.