One AND ONLY Cousins trade rumors thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
and the followup too:

Finally we may be getting it.
I kind of feel bad for Ranadive, as he good as he is with running a tech business, or at least creating one, he really seems to be a poor judge of character. Starts with D'Alessandro and Mullin and now potentially Karl. He always says he hires those who know more than him, that seems to be more true than he knows. These people are taking advantage of him, manipulating, perhaps even lying in this case, welcome to the NBA.

On the positive I do believe that Divac is a good man and isn't the business of taking advantage of people. Perhaps Ranadive needs him more than ever.

wow Manix Bomb! Karl in Vivek's doghouse bad!

Chris Mannix ‏@ChrisMannixSI 6m6 minutes ago
Relationship between Kings owner Vivek Ranadive and George Karl deeply strained right now, per sources. Some tense moments last few days.
If Karl really is going rogue and defying both Vivek and Divac he should be fired immediately for insubordination. This is absurd if true

Instead of can't we all just get along, forget it and just fire the SOB if he's the problem. This is horror show is ridiculous VIVEK!! Let Vice President Vlade take over as head coach in the interim, somebody! Bratz is the GM, right?! Just when I thought Kings were finally shedding laughing stock rap!

I have NEVER seen such bush league unprofessionalism by so many incompetents in all my basketball days. I am embarrassed to be a Kings fan. What a joke. Any remaining glimmer of hope for this debacle rests with Vlade and I'm not even sure he can clean up this mess. Ugh

What are they waiting for? Just fire Karl and move on. Swallow this pill Vivek, at the end of the day it's your fault. Fixing this mess is easy, it only takes money. Good bye George, welcome Thibs!

Then we trade 6th for Bledsoe and 13th, WCS slips to us (DraftExpress is projecting him to go 13th...) and we pick him.

Yes, I know, I'm going too far... But dreaming is the only thing left for us kings fans...

What are they waiting for? Just fire Karl and move on. Swallow this pill Vivek, at the end of the day it's your fault. Fixing this mess is easy, it only takes money. Good bye George, welcome Thibs!

Then we trade 6th for Bledsoe and 13th, WCS slips to us (DraftExpress is projecting him to go 13th...) and we pick him.

Yes, I know, I'm going too far... But dreaming is the only thing left for us kings fans...
...And we all live happily ever after....with a CHAMPIONSHIP! Ahhh

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
At this point, we've literally heard EVERYTHING possible on the spectrum of this situation. Who knows what's actually true or not?

Just have to wait and hope we get the right result ending with Boogie in a Kings uni.
The truth is out there somewhere ... and if you're putting all the pieces together (and following Jason Jones' tweets), it's pretty easy to figure out.

Vivek has always been pro-Cousins. He hired Karl after Karl assured him he would have no problem coaching the big guy.

Karl comes out and says no one is untradeable, which goes against what Vivek has repeatedly said.

DMC and/or Fegan, feeling Karl doesn't want him (remember how important loyalty is to DMC), quietly goes to PDA and requests a trade.

The season ends and Karl/DMC don't speak. Karl says he's reached out but there aren't any tweets about it... (just sayin')

Crap starts leaking that puts DMC in a horrible light. Then something leaks that indicates Karl has continually been working behind the scenes to get rid of DMC.

DMC tweets crypic messages, including snake in the grass.

Vivek defers all questions to Vlade, after reiterating that DMC is not going to be traded. Vlade also makes the same statements.

George Karl, at a golf tournament, does NOT defer to Vlade, even though Karl had said at time of hiring he would not be involved in personnel decisions. Instead, George Karl makes comments that some take to mean Boogie doesn't want to commit to Sacramento Kings, something ANY FAN knows is bullcrap.

Vivek is reportedly FURIOUS with Karl for his latest little trick and things start coming out through the local paper's beat writer (Jason Jones) that shows Cousins has not been the bad guy...

Stay tuned for the next chapter.

George is screwed.

How great would it be if clause in contract also gets him for tampering/insubordination, so he gets no $$.

Good ol George will be puttin the band back together alright..IN HIS GARAGE!

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
it potentially involves his Lakers so he's actually paying attention to this story
I've been as hard on Jason Jones over the years as anyone, but this just isn't fair ... and it isn't correct. Jason is on the story and putting stuff out there that is consistent with what's going on. He's doing his job and Kings fans should be thankful to him and Ailene Voisin for how they're handling this stuff. Right now, our local media is much more trustworthy than most of the others (with the possible exception of Sam Amick - a former local media guy).

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
Jason Jones ‏@mr_jasonjones 28m28 minutes ago
Instead of stability things are crazy as ever and some close to team say this is not Cousins' fault.

--------------------------------------

Looks like Jones is locked in right now to some good info from the Kings. I'm taking this as their way of supporting Boogie, which doesn't bode well for George Karl.
And it only took, what, three years for him to start doing his job? Better late than never, I guess.

and the followup too:

Finally we may be getting it.
Good news.

Vivek is starting to recognize the problem apparently, and my guess is Vlade plays into this. Karl is Vlade's biggest obstacle right now. This whole thing isn't just Karl vs Cuz, it's Karl vs Vlade as well. I questioned earlier how Karl could campaign and sign on to coach here when Cuz is the attraction, then only a few months later appear intent on moving him. It's Karl, I understand why he's doing it, an egotistical and shady character wanting to chase a wins record his way and the way he's most comfortable with, but when interviewing for the job he must have centered the conversation around Cuz, he must have committed to Cuz, to building around him.

I'll add, as much as people complain about twitter and the uproar it's causing around here, it's also a positive as Vivek and our organization must be aware of the immediate backlash locally and nationally this situation has caused and how incompetent it would make us and Vivek look to pick Karl over Cuz. And Vivek's reputation right now is in the toilet. There's no hiding from the criticism. It's exactly what Vivek is attempting to fix by the Vlade hire.

Reading between the lines of everything which comes out I still say what this boils down to is Cuz wants to be in Sac but in no way wants to play for Karl, who's attempting to sabotage this franchise. Cut the cord, correct the mistake, move on. There is no other way.

BTW Brick, as a lawyer, do see an legal issues here with insubordination? I'm not all that familiar with contract law but would you surmise in an NBA coaching contracting there's wording regarding insubordination and would this qualify? Is there a legal angle to terminate Karl's contract?

The truth is out there somewhere ... and if you're putting all the pieces together (and following Jason Jones' tweets), it's pretty easy to figure out.

Vivek has always been pro-Cousins. He hired Karl after Karl assured him he would have no problem coaching the big guy.

Karl comes out and says no one is untradeable, which goes against what Vivek has repeatedly said.

DMC and/or Fegan, feeling Karl doesn't want him (remember how important loyalty is to DMC), quietly goes to PDA and requests a trade.

The season ends and Karl/DMC don't speak. Karl says he's reached out but there aren't any tweets about it... (just sayin')

Crap starts leaking that puts DMC in a horrible light. Then something leaks that indicates Karl has continually been working behind the scenes to get rid of DMC.

DMC tweets crypic messages, including snake in the grass.

Vivek defers all questions to Vlade, after reiterating that DMC is not going to be traded. Vlade also makes the same statements.

George Karl, at a golf tournament, does NOT defer to Vlade, even though Karl had said at time of hiring he would not be involved in personnel decisions. Instead, George Karl makes comments that some take to mean Boogie doesn't want to commit to Sacramento Kings, something ANY FAN knows is bullpoopoo.

Vivek is reportedly FURIOUS with Karl for his latest little trick and things start coming out through the local paper's beat writer (Jason Jones) that shows Cousins has not been the bad guy...

Stay tuned for the next chapter.

Also Boogie tweeted right after Jones did, Could possibly be confirming what JJ is saying.

This is getting to the point where it's comical....however, wasn't Karl a Pete hiring? unless Vivek was vouching for George as well and that urged Pete to establish a contract with him. I can tell you one thing....being a Kings fan definitely isn't boring anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.