One AND ONLY Cousins trade rumors thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Okay, I have to be fair. I'm reading different stuff about Grant's show than what has been posted here. I'm not listening (nor do I intend to listen) so it's not fair of me to comment further...

You'd get hung up on, called a moron, and yelled at about 7 different ways how wrong you are. The audacity some people have to say words that don't agree with the immortal Grant Napier.
"ARE YOU FRIGGIN KIDDING ME? REALLY? I MEAN, COME ON."

5 seconds of silence.

"I MEAN COME ON. COME ON. PEOPLE. COME ON. MORONS TODAY."

5 seconds of silence.

"COME ON. next caller."

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
While Grant clearly has a bias against Cousins. He did make one good point. Players play, coaches coach, thats it, everyone do their jobs.
But from all indications George Karl has tried to do much more than just coach. That's my beef. He shouldn't be meddling in the acquisition/trade of players, especially when it was made clear when he was hired that he would NOT be involved in personnel matters. Coach the guys on the team you're given.

But from all indications George Karl has tried to do much more than just coach. That's my beef. He shouldn't be meddling in the acquisition/trade of players, especially when it was made clear when he was hired that he would NOT be involved in personnel matters. Coach the guys on the team you're given.
Karl's history is littered with power plays like this. I understand that the Kings mouthpieces want to ignore this.

While Grant clearly has a bias against Cousins. He did make one good point. Players play, coaches coach, thats it, everyone do their jobs.
i'd hardly call that a "good point." it's rather obvious commentary, and doesn't really mean much of anything in the tangible world of the nba, where big egos and competing ideologies often collide. more to the point, it's the offseason, a time during which demarcus cousins isn't being paid to play and george karl isn't being paid to coach. nor is it a time during which george karl is being paid to stir sh** up behind the scenes. if there is any truth to the reports about karl trying to build a coalition--including kings players--to convince the kings to trade demarcus, then karl has overstepped his boundaries dramatically...

It is a great point. And it's probably hard for a player to play, when his coach is shoving him out the door.

So i think it's fairly obvious which one of those guys isn't doing their job.

Hint- it's the one who is trying to undermine the front office and ownership and shop the star player instead of just coaching

For the next 2-3 hours it might be best to stay away from social media unless you don't mind your phone and/or browser getting blown up with rumors left right and center.

I don't blame JT for being pissed. I can't imagine how frustrating it is for him, I'm sure the resentment has been building over the years. I'd feel happy for him on a personal level if he was traded to a good situation (not that I particularly want to move him).

Status
Not open for further replies.