Francisco Garcia
Vitaly Potapenko
Sacramento incoming
Brevin Knight

Cut Jason Hart
Send Monia to D-League

Free agency:

Kings sign Bonzi Wells, 4 years @ $9 million w/team option for 5th
Kings sign Mike James, 5 years @ $6 million (MLE)
Kings sign Jarron Collins, 3 years @$1.5 million (LLE)
Kings sign Jumaine Jones, 1 year, $1 million (minimum)
Kings sign Jackson Vroman, 1 year, $1 million (minimum)

2005/2006 Kings:

PG: Mike James/Brevin Knight/Ronnie Price
SG: Bonzi Wells/Kevin Martin/Jumaine Jones
SF: Artest/Kevin Martin/Jumaine Jones
PF: Garnett/SAR/Vroman
C: Blount/SAR/Collins/Vroman

^^^^ True. One disclaimer (ignoring that this is your dream), it relies on a several players going for minimums. Could happen, it seemed (at least IMHO) last year it was a buyers market and several players went for less than projected (or what they hoped).

Too many chips on the table........

You don't think giving up both bibby and Miller is too much to get Garnett. I mean, don't get me wrong, he's one of my favorite players and I would love to have him on our team, but i dont' like the idea of trading both of those guys. On a side, I have always loved watching Knight from his days at Stanford. He's a great ball handler, and is always thinking pass first, and plays great defense( top ten is steals per game last couple of years). Also is Mike James really that good or did he just have a career year playing for a bad team?

why would knight come off the bench for mike james?
Knight should start at point because of his pass first mentality and his defense. Mike James could play SG and we get KMART to come off the bench. I still have my doubts about Mike James---1 good year in the NBA doesn't make him a great player (he played for the friggin Raptors, who wouldnt have a career year). Then again, he was consistent throughout the season...in terms of scoring.

Mike James has had two very good years in a row, not just one, and this lineup is going to need offense and outside shooting -- James shot 44% from 3 last year. Mike James is essentially Bibby with defense.

I remember Mike James, he tore us apart in the game when the Kings and Raps went into OT and the Kings were up by 6 or 7 with like a minute and a half left. He brought them back and i hated him for it. Would be a great pickup. Trade Bibby, Brad and KT for James, Bosh, and Charlie V?

I love it 'Brans.

On Knight, he said if he wasn't getting minutes in Char., he wants to go on a playoff team. He didn't say start, so that means being open to back-up or starter.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
why does everyone think bibby is trade worthy
theres no point guard avaible better than mike bibby
Likely true.

Also irrelevant.

Sitting around worrying about losing our good but not great PG to get one of the 50 or so best players ever to lace up sneakers is just ridiculous.

CruzDude

Senior Member sharing a brew with bajaden
why does everyone think bibby is trade worthy
theres no point guard avaible better than mike bibby
Bibby is much more a 2 than a 1. Deadly with the key shots but not an assist guy. A leader by example but not a general, someone who makes everyone else better. Kevin is the 2 now and future. Someone is needed to "run" the team, see the floor and take up what Vlade did and Brad is only doing a bit of, passing and assists.

I think with a new offense Bibby's assist numbers will go up. With Adelman's Princeton offense a lot of the assists were taken up by the big men.

Last edited:
Bibby is good. Miller is good. All-star caliber players. Garnett is a once-in-a-generation player, the type of guy who can do things most guys can't. He's a lock for the HOF despite lack of success through no fault of his own, and is a former MVP. His presence alone would transform us into a contender. Bibby's very good, but he isn't even in the same world as KG.

I like this plan. Very very nice. Would do it in a second.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
The main problem is the Timberwolves AREN'T going to do it IMHO. If Chris Bosh, Dwight Howard or some other rising star of their ilk was somehow involved in an offer, the Wolves might bite but they're NOT gonna instantly hand over a championship caliber team via trade to another team in the West.