OFFICIAL Draft Day Discussion Thread

F

Fillmoe

thats 8 minutes to the pre draft coverage they have on... the actual draft is at 4:30

i think... im not sure

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
AleksandarN said:
I wonder can we get him?
We've talked about this before, and it is an idea to get another legit bigman in here. But man, a Magliore and Miller frontline would be S-L-O-W. Slowest in the league probably. Big. But painfully slow.

Having trouble believing that Charlie V. went to Toronto --- I have trouble seeing him succeed at SF in the NBA, and with Bosh already in a Raptors' uniform, that just seems to be a wasted pick at this point.

I wonder if Channing Frye will be able to hold his own at C in the NBA --- seems a little high for him to go to the Knicks, but he does have some skills they can definitely use.

Disappointed in Charlotte's pick at this point --- they needed scoring in the worst way, and I don't know right off the top of my head who would be a better fit from the draft, but I just don't see Felton as a game-changing PG. Bobcats may have something lined up outside the draft to get a #1 scoring option, though.

As for Bogut going #1, I have a soft spot for Milwaukee (and as such, the Bucks), and I'd like to see him succeed for them. But from his clips, I just don't see that he has the athleticism to really work out extremely well as an NBA center. The number 1 pick isn't supposed to be a guy who averages 15 ppg and 10 rpg, but I think people in Milwaukee would breathe a sigh of relief if he put up those type of numbers consistently. Besides, if the Nets had to live with those numbers from Kenyon Martin, why should the Bucks get the breaks.

ESPN live chat coverage: Bynum just said in a couple years he sees himself as being a lot like Shaq..."BUT I can hit my free throws". Yeah, Shaq needed extra motivation for those two games against the Lakers next year.

OK, now the Bobcats take May as their PF. I guess they didn't do so well in ticket sales last year (or I guess I presume they didn't do so well), but taking Felton AND May is a bit odd. One, they have Okafor, who did pretty well for himself at the PF spot (and who I don't think is a guy that will do as well at the C). Now they get a guy who *may* be a little on the small side height wise for a NBA PF. Again, they probably have some trades that they are thinking about down the line, and Felton and/or May could be good tradeable assets right away (and even if one of them is moved, there's still another UNC guy in uniform for next year).

Bricklayer

4cwebb said:
I'd be stoked if Graham was still around, but I see him as much more of a SF than a SG.
As do I. Damn good backup though, or a much much cheaper option than Peja if we move him.

All three guys STILL slipping. Starting to get a little excited, although would not shock me if teams started to snap them up now just because they can't pass up the opportunity no matter what their plans were before.

VF21 said:
Darn. There goes my secret hope - that for whatever reason Sean May would still be available.

;)
All kidding aside, May does have some attributes that would have fit in quite well in a Kings' uniform (his passing ability and his "basketball IQ" top the list), but paired with Brad Miller, that's a defensive frontcourt that might average fewer blocks than the backcourt (we all know Bibby gets his fair share of blocks).

Bricklayer said:
NJ probably needs a big too (Warrick?) -- so all three might slip one more pick at least.
Warrick would be perfect in NJ --- great KMart replacement, and he'll easily become the next great receiver of all of JKidd's alley-oop passes. That would be fun to watch at the very least.

Glad McCants is off the board...

And into Minny's hands.

I guess that spells the end for Spree with the Pups- Unless *Gulp* they keep him around as a mentor.

Still some very serious talent out there.

4cwebb said:
ESPN live chat coverage: Bynum just said in a couple years he sees himself as being a lot like Shaq..."BUT I can hit my free throws". Yeah, Shaq needed extra motivation for those two games against the Lakers next year.
Shaq's not motivated for the regular season.

Pollardo! said:
And into Minny's hands.

I guess that spells the end for Spree with the Pups- Unless *Gulp* they keep him around as a mentor.

Still some very serious talent out there.
Yep, now the Twolves just need to get rid of Cassell so someone other than KG will pass McCants the basketball.

Bricklayer

The three Gs all still there at #16. We're 7 picks away.

We need PF help, but be a real coup if one of those guys actually fell to us.

Antoine Wright for NJ -- wouldn't they want their pick to actually play if they're going to take someone at that spot? Why draft a SG with Vince and RJefferson on the team already. Trade in the works?