[Game] Nuggets @ Kings - 3/5/13

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
And it's really hard to be a star when you're on the bench. ;)

I actually like that Evans got a bit more rest and he's back for the rest of the game. This is definitely not over.

K

KingMilz

Andre Miller clowning the Kings, a player who plays to his strengths andhas high IQ what more could you ask for

K

KingMilz

Andre Miller 16 points 8/11 shooting vs Cousins and Evans 3/17 15points..............................there 4th best [player against our two best players

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Good overall effort despite our two main stars not being able to pull it together. They played the whole game and they played AS A TEAM. At this point, the final score doesn't matter as much as the effort IMHO.

Missed this one, but looks like we got great efforts from the secondary guys (IT, MT, JT) and got lackluster performances from Cousins and Reke. Accurate?

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
Andre Miller 16 points 8/11 shooting vs Cousins and Evans 3/17 15points..............................there 4th best [player against our two best players
You know, it wouldn't kill you to praise the players who are doing well, instead of only coming around to criticize the ones who aren't. I know, how about showing some love for Jason Thompson? You remember him, right? The guy you spent two days trying to convince us there were 30+ PF's in the league better than?

Missed this one, but looks like we got great efforts from the secondary guys (IT, MT, JT) and got lackluster performances from Cousins and Reke. Accurate?
Pretty much.

Reke got about 5 shots the whole game, but did a real good job guard Iggy. They pretty much cancelled each other other and Cuz was taken out mentally big the Nuggets bigs.

Pretty much.

Reke got about 5 shots the whole game, but did a real good job guard Iggy. They pretty much cancelled each other other and Cuz was taken out mentally big the Nuggets bigs.
Yea, Iggy is a worst case-scenario match-up for Reke. I see a lot of similarites between the two players skill-sets, just totally different mentalities. Iggy sacrificed his scoring a few years ago, and as a result, became one of the most valuable wing players in the league. I would not be upset in the slightest if Tyreke started to model his game after Iggy

L

LWP777

Yea, Iggy is a worst case-scenario match-up for Reke. I see a lot of similarites between the two players skill-sets, just totally different mentalities. Iggy sacrificed his scoring a few years ago, and as a result, became one of the most valuable wing players in the league. I would not be upset in the slightest if Tyreke started to model his game after Iggy
Lets just hope that he starts his model after somebody -- and soon. Reke's game is very worrisome right now. I just don't know what to make of him.

K

KingMilz

You know, it wouldn't kill you to praise the players who are doing well, instead of only coming around to criticize the ones who aren't. I know, how about showing some love for Jason Thompson? You remember him, right? The guy you spent two days trying to convince us there were 30+ PF's in the league better than?
JT played fantastic last 2 games and showed some nice moves and I said a bit after that hes 25-30 so he moved up a few places, Thornton/Salmons I have praised recently as well,I have praised Thomas the couple times hes played well to. I'am equally harsh as I am nice to when they play well, if someone is going to play completely fail basketball I'm going to say they are, I can't understand how no one on the coaching staff or Cousins don't realise hes a horrible mid range jump shooter and telll him to stop or bench him whenever he takes a really low % shot from the mid range area.

Btw Nene is a PF he played PF both times against us and this whole year and you spent 2 days trying to tell me otherwise.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
Yeah, and I'm still right about that, too: the hundred thirty-odd games he's played at power forward do not outweigh the four hundred seventy-odd games he's played at center.

K

KingMilz

Yeah, and I'm still right about that, too: the hundred thirty-odd games he's played at power forward do not outweigh the four hundred seventy-odd games he's played at center.
Nope wrong from 2002-2007/2008 Marcus Camby/Elson/Birdman were the C's for the Nuggets meaning his first 6/7 years he was a PF

2008-2011 they moved him to C in Denver since Johan Petro was fail and Birdman was a back up and they could not bench Kenyon Martin/Nene and start him,

2012: Traded for Magee where he played a little C and in 2012/2013 hes back to PF meaning hes played PF for 7/8 years and C for 4 due to those teams not having a quailty C at the time.

You keep coming up with silly numbers based on that basketball reference crap which lists Nene as a C when Marcus Camby was there when he was clearly a PF playing next to Camby and arguing with someone who actually closely followed those Nuggets during that period. The reason he didn't play more games @ PF also was cause he was injured which does not change the fact that every single one of those seasons he was a PF.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
With teams typically running out mix-and-match big men, the argument over whether a guy is a "PF" or a "C" seems pretty silly.