[Game] Nuggets @ Kings - 3/5/13

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Different team, different culture, different coach, FO and owners a shell of what they once were. Of course it was going to be much more positive on a forum at the beginning of our stretch of eight straight playoff seasons. Expecting comments similar to when we had JWill, Vlade, Peja and Webb would be an insult to those guys.

Raiders fans complain a lot too, and for good reason after having the worst record in the NFL since being in the Super Bowl in 2002.

I think you should be happy enough fans still care enough to even be on a forum and discussing this team after the last 5+ years. Not criticizing fans who still care after half a decade of futility. Game threads here and on STR are much quieter than they used to be, and it most likely is due to all the crap fans have to put with, on top of the on court product, not because a few "negative" people scared them off.
You're certainly entitled to your opinion. Unfortunately, you and a lot of others who didn't arrive here until well after the good days had passed just cannot know what I'm talking about And it's not a dig. It's more of a regret that you couldn't be here when we Kings fans were embarking on such an incredible (albeit too short) journey.

Times have changed, as I'm well aware. The face I see in the mirror is much older than I am, for some strange reason. I will still express my regrets that our game threads are now more often full of negativity because I was here when they weren't. Were there complaints and gripes? Oh, hell yeah. But we were able to celebrate the fun, the excitement, the thrill of seeing a Kings team that actually won more games than it lost.

I guess that's what I rue the passing of the most. Kings fans are a loyal and steadfast lot. It's a shame our ownership saw fit to do everything they could to take that away.

/end of melancholy rant

Bench James Johnson. I don't like anything I'm seeing, the turnovers, forcing everything, the bad haircut, everything! Give his minutes to Pat Patterson - period!

rainmaker

Hall of Famer
You're certainly entitled to your opinion. Unfortunately, you and a lot of others who didn't arrive here until well after the good days had passed just cannot know what I'm talking about And it's not a dig. It's more of a regret that you couldn't be here when we Kings fans were embarking on such an incredible (albeit too short) journey.

Times have changed, as I'm well aware. The face I see in the mirror is much older than I am, for some strange reason. I will still express my regrets that our game threads are now more often full of negativity because I was here when they weren't. Were there complaints and gripes? Oh, hell yeah. But we were able to celebrate the fun, the excitement, the thrill of seeing a Kings team that actually won more games than it lost.

I guess that's what I rue the passing of the most. Kings fans are a loyal and steadfast lot. It's a shame our ownership saw fit to do everything they could to take that away.

/end of melancholy rant
I'd imagine with new ownership, new coach, new arena being built and playoff basketball in a few years, this place would become similar to how it was under Rick during our heyday.

Glenn

Hall of Famer
I wish JJ would quit forcing shots. If he played defense and took the occasional open shot he'd be fine. He doesn't get it or hasn't been told. You pick.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I'd imagine with new ownership, new coach, new arena being built and playoff basketball in a few years, this place would become similar to how it was under Rick during our heyday.
I hope so. Those were incredible days. And, as you reminded me, I am very glad that we still have people who care enough about the Kings to join this forum and join in the discussions. Next year, maybe we can start to think about bringing back regular viewing parties for diehard KF members, along with group events and game nights where we pretty much took over entire sections of Arco.

JJ to the bench suddenly Kings go on a run with the help of IT and whole gang. But, there's going to be a lot more runs in this tight game at the half.