No hope for the kings? FOX Sports article.

Sorry, Rosen, but we have one of the three oldest franchises in the NBA, so for history's sake alone we wouldn't move to Seattle.
I'm not sure I understand this statement. This franchise started in Rochester, moved to Cincinnati, then Kansas City, then Sacramento. Why wouldn't it move again under the right circumstances?

I would like to propose a moritorioum on defining words. Good lord:rolleyes: Let us assume that we can google a word we don't know. And at the article I say again, pbbtltttbbpp!!!!! SIMPLY STATED, WE GOT TALENT!

agree with the general sentiment, but can we all stop touting brad's "2 time all-star" appearances at this point in his career? it's irrelevant now, he hasn't performed at that level in ages.
I think we can not stop touting Brad's " 2 time all-star " appearances for the sake of being Sacramento fans. The matter is a fact and whether we like Brad or not it will always be true and relevant in his career, especially after his resurgent performance last year.

Let us give him the credit for not so many players have done it in this league.

but then don't forget to mention reef's appearance as well. or jamaal magloire. or dale davis. ooh, and wally sczerbiak. and etc.

to each his/her own i guess. whatever, let this stupid argument die.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
I think we can not stop touting Brad's " 2 time all-star " appearances for the sake of being Sacramento fans. The matter is a fact and whether we like Brad or not it will always be true and relevant in his career, especially after his resurgent performance last year.

Let us give him the credit for not so many players have done it in this league.

this is all that needs to be said about the relevancy of Brad Miller, All Star.

Brad Miller All Star 2002-03:
13.1pts 8.3rebs 2.6ast 0.8stl 0.6blk 1.4TO .493FG%

Brad Miller All Star 2003-04:
14.1pts 10.3rebs 4.3ast .9stl 1.1blk 2.0TO .510FG%

Kenny Thomas not quite All Star 2003-04:
13.6pts 10.1reb 1.5ast 1.1stl 0.4blk 2.3TO .469FG%

this is all that needs to be said about the relevancy of Brad Miller, All Star.

Brad Miller All Star 2003-04:
14.1pts 10.3rebs 4.3ast .9stl 1.1blk 2.0TO .510FG%

Kenny Thomas not quite All Star 2003-04:
13.6pts 10.1reb 1.5ast 1.1stl 0.4blk 2.3TO .469FG%
Brad is no longer an all star, but that's no reason to try to degrade his past accomplishments. This comparison is completley misleading.

First, even at face value, Brad shot a significantly higher FG%, blocked nearly 3X as many shots, had nearly three assists more per game and turned the ball over less and had more points and rebounds.

Second, Kenny's team won 40% of it's games, while Brad's won 67% in a better conference. So Brad put up good stats on a contender and Kenny put up worse stats on a lottery team.

Brad was an extremely good player. Now he is an above average Center who we might be able to parlay into some assets if he continues to play well this year since he is in shape and only has 2 years left on his contract.

well how about the reverse comparison then?

Zydrunas Ilgauskas All Star 2002-03:
17.2pts 7.5rebs 1.6ast 0.7stl 1.9blk 2.6TO .441FG%

not exactly stellar numbers, yet ilgauskas is also an all star. not exactly an accomplishment when you were taken more frm lack of choices than from actual achievement.

Sacramento Kings

Going down! Next stop is the basement level, featuring a guaranteed lottery pick, diminished attendance and an arrogant leader who dresses much better than he coaches.

Kevin Martin is the only star-quality player on the Kings. As such, look for his stats to skyrocket and his body to wear down.

Spencer Hawes and Brad Miller are both limited performers with minimal talent levels.

Mikki Moore is all finesse and too much mouth.

John Salmon's versatility would be more valuable on a better team.

Some day Francisco Garcia will realize his high-stepping potential.

Bobby Jackson is on his last legs, and even when he was young, he couldn't pass on the move.

Beno Udrih is nothing more than functional.

Which will be worse, the Kings' defense or their offense?

In any event, the rookies will get plenty of floor time.

Their best hope: Relocating to Seattle instead of Las Vegas.

BY SEAN HANNITY fox news

bajaden

Hall of Famer
I would like to propose a moritorioum on defining words. Good lord:rolleyes: Let us assume that we can google a word we don't know. And at the article I say again, pbbtltttbbpp!!!!! SIMPLY STATED, WE GOT TALENT!
Can anyone tell me what moratorium means? Is that where they cremate people? No one died, did they? Plus, I can't find anything close to the word pbbtitttbbpp in the dictionary. :confused:

bajaden

Hall of Famer
Sacramento Kings

Going down! Next stop is the basement level, featuring a guaranteed lottery pick, diminished attendance and an arrogant leader who dresses much better than he coaches.

Kevin Martin is the only star-quality player on the Kings. As such, look for his stats to skyrocket and his body to wear down.

Spencer Hawes and Brad Miller are both limited performers with minimal talent levels.

Mikki Moore is all finesse and too much mouth.

John Salmon's versatility would be more valuable on a better team.

Some day Francisco Garcia will realize his high-stepping potential.

Bobby Jackson is on his last legs, and even when he was young, he couldn't pass on the move.

Beno Udrih is nothing more than functional.

Which will be worse, the Kings' defense or their offense?

In any event, the rookies will get plenty of floor time.

Their best hope: Relocating to Seattle instead of Las Vegas.

BY Chris Mathews MSNBC News

Small correction...

well how about the reverse comparison then?

Zydrunas Ilgauskas All Star 2002-03:
17.2pts 7.5rebs 1.6ast 0.7stl 1.9blk 2.6TO .441FG%

not exactly stellar numbers, yet ilgauskas is also an all star. not exactly an accomplishment when you were taken more frm lack of choices than from actual achievement.
Ture, Centers in the East were weak. However, that's partially what gave the Pacers a competitive advantage with Brad. Z by all accounts is was a very good Center as well when healthy.

Brad's All Star appearance in the West the following year was far more impressive. Overall I have no idea what the point if this excercise is. Should I compare Isiah Rider and Mitch Richmond's stats to try to demean Mitch?

Neither player was a dominating Shaq/Hakeem-style Center, but I am not sure exactly what it is you are trying to prove. Give Brad his due for what he was.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Ture, Centers in the East were weak. However, that's partially what gave the Pacers a competitive advantage with Brad. Z by all accounts is was a very good Center as well when healthy.

Brad's All Star appearance in the West the following year was far more impressive. Overall I have no idea what the point if this excercise is. Should I compare Isiah Rider and Mitch Richmond's stats to try to demean Mitch?

Neither player was a dominating Shaq/Hakeem-style Center, but I am not sure exactly what it is you are trying to prove. Give Brad his due for what he was.
I do give him his due for what he was, and what he was was not an All Star. 13 and 8 or 14 and 10 are not All Star numbers. Doing it as a jumpshooter who plays little defense means they really aren't All Star numbers. They are not scrub numbers, and Brad of course could produce at that level year in and year out. But as my KT example shows, they are numbers within reach of any number of NBA bigs in a good year, and Brad's All Star appearances were solely and 100% because he happened to be labeled "C" during an era when nobody else was. Call him a PF and he would have had 20 guys in front of him in line. He was simply not an All Star caliber player. Is not an All Star caliber player. And any and all analyses of the Kings starting off with a "combined with All Star center Brad Miller" or whatever are rather blatantly manipulative.

P.S. #1 A.C. Green made an All star team. So did Jamaal Magloire. Dale Davis. None of them were All Star level players either, even when they were All Stars.

P.S. #2 The Pacers didn't really have much of an advantage with Brad -- they were a pretty mediocre group while he was there and won 48 the year he was an All Star for them. And that was alongside Jermaine O'Neal, Ron Artest, Reggie Miller AND Al Harrington.

P.S. #3 You probably are not going to get far invoking Isaiah Rider because he was a legit All Star level talent who was just a knucklehead. No mediocre player could ever approach what Mitch did. A number of middling players can approach what Brad has done, at least for one year here or there.

Last edited:

Entity

Hall of Famer
Brick would you agree that despite what it took to make All-Star now and then. That Brad has pretty much remained the same player? Except for the year of the Muss.

I do give him his due for what he was, and what he was was not an All Star. 13 and 8 or 14 and 10 are not All Star numbers. Doing it as a jumpshooter who plays little defense means they really aren't All Star numbers. They are not scrub numbers, and Brad of course could produce at that level year in and year out. But as my KT example shows, they are numbers within reach of any number of NBA bigs in a good year, and Brad's All Star appearances were solely and 100% because he happened to be labeled "C" during an era when nobody else was. Call him a PF and he would have had 20 guys in front of him in line. He was simply not an All Star caliber player. Is not an All Star caliber player. And any and all analyses of the Kings starting off with a "combined with All Star center Brad Miller" or whatever are rather blatantly manipulative.

P.S. #1 A.C. Green made an All star team. So did Jamaal Magloire. Dale Davis. None of them were All Star level players either, even when they were All Stars.

P.S. #2 The Pacers didn't really have much of an advantage with Brad -- they were a pretty mediocre group while he was there and won 48 the year he was an All Star for them. And that was alongside Jermaine O'Neal, Ron Artest, Reggie Miller AND Al Harrington.

P.S. #3 You probably are not going to get far invoking Isaiah Rider because he was a legit All Star level talent who was just a knucklehead. No mediocre player could ever approach what Mitch did. A number of middling players can approach what Brad has done, at least for one year here or there.
Again, not really clear what you are tryng to prove. We are both in agreement that Brad was very good but not an amazing player. Comparing his statistics to Kenny Thomas is a rediculous comparison though. Whatever an "all star" is is a poorly defined term anyway. Brad clearly was an all star as he made the team and was one of the best options even among a weak crop of Centers. I don't think anyone in this theard ever suggested he was the same caliber of player as David Robinson, Hakeem, Shaq or any true All-NBA player.

As for Mitch Richmond, that was exactly my point. Simply putting two players statistics side-by-side is a farily weak argument. Aside from the mental aspect of the game (as you point out) - team pace, a player's role, offensive style, minutes played, etc. have a big role on overall statistics.

Who cares?

I've been involved in some pretty senseless arguments on this board, but this one is even too over the top for me.

Brad Miller was voted into the All-Star team twice. Therefore he is (or at the very least was) an All-Star center. If anyone can prove this wrong, I will Paypal you my entire bank account.

The end.

Who cares?

I've been involved in some pretty senseless arguments on this board, but this one is even too over the top for me.

Brad Miller was voted into the All-Star team twice. Therefore he is (or at the very least was) an All-Star center. If anyone can prove this wrong, I will Paypal you my entire bank account.

The end.
I don't think he was ever "voted" in, as in voted in by the fans to start the game. Both of his appearances came as a reserve, so he would have been selected by the coaches of said game IIRC.

....now about your bank account. :p

Let us just put it this way.

Brad Miller became an official NBA All Star Player twice in his career, because people/officials who had the task of voting for NBA All Star Players believed in him to have had the quality of an NBA All Star player during those years. If he was selected by NBA coaches, then the more it shows he deserved to be one.

Who could be better in evaluating one's game anyways than those coaches in the NBA ?

There was no mistake on that matter. He made it twice to the honors and I don't think anyone could say those were mistakes and that he did not deserve to be one.

Brad Miller's making into the NBA All Star level will always be relevant ( may it be positively or negatively ), especially when we talk about Brad Miller's basketball game. Maybe if we talk about Miller's sport hunting/fishing, then his NBA All Star accomplishment would not be relevant.

Last edited:
Relocating to Seattle??? Ok...so far the media has us moving to Las Vegas, Anaheim, San Diego, Kansas City, OK City(before the Sonics), Timbuktu...and now Seattle. Oh well...I guess we as Kings fans can go ahead and jump on another bandwagon because THIS cowtown is about to lose its team! lol :p Sweet Jesus!

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Again, it's Charley Rosen. I don't think even he believes what he writes, assuming (of course) that he can read.

:p

I don't think he was ever "voted" in, as in voted in by the fans to start the game. Both of his appearances came as a reserve, so he would have been selected by the coaches of said game IIRC.

....now about your bank account. :p
What? He was voted in by coaches. Of course he wasn't voted in by fans, I never said that.

What? He was voted in by coaches. Of course he wasn't voted in by fans, I never said that.
Sorry...I was trying to be sarcastic and play your words as a technicality to show that he wasn't voted, which is essentially how this whole ridiculous Brad Miller all star discussion began. It is hard to show the sarcasm in posts sometimes. I could have used the extra $40 though.;)