NFL Talk

Not Kurt's fault. They just choked.
I'm gonna disagree on that, I remember calling pick 6 at the line of scrimmage on that play. He forced it into coverage and it swung the game. His ability to nail those passes in a 3 year window are why he'll be remembered. Unfortunately he was about 7 years too late that day.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
I'm gonna disagree on that, I remember calling pick 6 at the line of scrimmage on that play. He forced it into coverage and it swung the game. His ability to nail those passes in a 3 year window are why he'll be remembered. Unfortunately he was about 7 years too late that day.
That is fine with me. You are more than entitled to your own opinion, we are going to disagree on this topic then.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
The playoffs are set for next weekend. Some nice matchups including Green Bay vs Philly, Jets vs Colts. Looks like the Seahawks will be facing the Saints at Seattle, so that game could be possibly more competitive just because of the crowd and weather. The Baltimore/Chiefs game really doesn't intrigue me at all, but we will see what happens in that one. Both teams like to run the football, the Ravens have more of a vertical threat though. I'm just glad the playoffs are finally here, I will be tuning in for every game and will be rooting for an upset along the way.

The Baltimore/Chiefs game is the one game I think that will be hard to pick, the Ravens really haven't looked convincing lately and the Chiefs are fantastic one week, abysmal the next.

How in the world is Tom Cable given the axe (ok Al Davis, I know) while Jack Del Rio, Marv Lewis, Gary Kubiak, Tom Coughlin and Norv Turner among others have all kept their jobs???

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Yeah that's what you get with Al Davis I guess, he wants playoffs and expects it ASAP. I mean the Raiders have been improving the last three seasons, I don't see why you couldn't give Tom Cable one more season to see if they could make a postseason push. I have to admit, I was very surprised to see Marvin Lewis resign, I thought for sure he would be a goner. At the same time though, I'm not really all that mad because having coaching stability is the best way to succeed even if your coach doesn't have the best of records and only two playoff appearances since his tenure. What needs to happen though is they need a new OC and a new special teams coach. Give the youngins some burn and from what I've been reading, Ocho and TO are goners.