NFL discussion - 2012-2013

Enough is enough with these replacement refs. I'm not a Packers fan but they just got absolutely ROBBED of a win in Seattle. Ignoring the blatant offensive PI by Tate which probably wouldn't have been called by the regular refs, I thought the Hail Mary pass was CLEARLY an interception by the Packers both in real time and instant replay, but it was ruled a TD even after review. Ridiculous if you ask me

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I, too, think it's past time for the NFL to get real officials back on the field. As a 49er fan, even I was frustrated by the ridiculous situation against the Vikings. If the Niners had managed to turn the game around and win, it would not have made me feel very good about it. Call me old-fashioned, but I kind of like my teams to win honestly and not because some replacement refs don't know the rules about time-outs and challenges.

Refs completely lost it in Baltimore-NE game too. I'm not watching another game until this is resolved. Seriously.

And the players should put their money where their mouths are.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
Well, in consideration of the facts that 1) I don't really care about American football, 2) I don't watch anything on ESPN except for basketball and PTI, and 3) I don't watch anything on TV in real time except basketball, I didn't hear about what happened during MNF until I watched PTI off my DVR, around 0100 or so this morning... I still don't really care about hand-egg, but I love image macros, and I thought you guys might appreciate a couple:

Aldon Smith, Culliver, Kaeptain America: all 2011 draft picks. Who else am I missing? Either way, Baalke deserves a lot of credit.

Last edited:

Glenn

Hall of Famer
Aldon Smith, Culliver, Kaeptain America: all 2011 draft picks. Who else am I missing? Either way, Baalke deserves a lot of credit.
Yes, he deserves a lot of credit. I began to perk up when he took two first round picks a few years ago and used them on offensive linemen thus almost guaranteeing even a mediocre quarterback could run this offense. But he has done far more than that. Name a weak position. Give it a try. Perhaps the weakest are the defensive backs and I have a man crush on Goldson. :) Really, this team is young and athletic. Now Vernon Davis is not the only athletic freak on this team.

The pick of Kaepernick was interesting as he was a great runner in college and piled up yardage as a passer. Because of the league he was in (think Jimmer) there were obvious questions about whether a guy who wasn't even recruited out of high school would be able to throw and have the judgment to be an NFL quarterback. Well, then, here we are with a guy who not only can throw but seems to have amazing judgment.

Do any rookies play at all? I don't think so.

Then there is Harbaugh! Who else would turn linemen into blocking backs?

Great win by the Niners today...I will admit, I am definitely not a Niners fan by any stretch of the imagination. But I am definitely not a Niners hater and basher either. I leave that to the Silver and Whack...

I am a Cowboys fan, have been since I started watching football.

Anyways, I will say this much about today's game and both team's young quarterbacks....

Colin Kaepernick may have had the better game today and is probably having the better all around season so far, but Ryan Tannehill definitely has had , still has, and forever will have the hotter girl.

The Cowboys didn't beat the Bengals. The Bengals beat the Bengals. That game pissed me off so much today. This should have been a blowout. the Cowboys had no reason to be in this game. 3 dropped ints, 2 dropped TD passes. This should have been a blowout. Luckily the Bengals didn't hurt themselves for the final playoff spot.

The Cowboys didn't beat the Bengals. The Bengals beat the Bengals. That game pissed me off so much today. This should have been a blowout. the Cowboys had no reason to be in this game. 3 dropped ints, 2 dropped TD passes. This should have been a blowout. Luckily the Bengals didn't hurt themselves for the final playoff spot.
Well, you may be correct in saying that the Bengals beat the Bengals. Unfortunately, the stats show that the Cowboys beat the Bengals, so I will just leave it at that...I did not see this game being a blowout so I will disagree with that statement. I knew the game would be close because both teams play at a similar level on the field.

Awesome games yesterday.

The best news I got all season was that Turner and Smith will be fired when this season is over. I've put my status as a Chargers fan on standby earlier this season, until those 2 were gone. Looking forward to next season!

Gonna be a great game tonight. Barring injuries, I think this is almost guaranteed to be a preview of the AFC Championship game

Well, you may be correct in saying that the Bengals beat the Bengals. Unfortunately, the stats show that the Cowboys beat the Bengals, so I will just leave it at that...I did not see this game being a blowout so I will disagree with that statement. I knew the game would be close because both teams play at a similar level on the field.
Dallas got that INT which led to a TD (short field) and the Bengals dropped 2 TDs and settled for 4 FGs. This shouldn't have even been close. The Bengals are the better team, they just played like they weren't yesterday. I believe next year though the Bengals will come into their own and hopefully put the division away so that I don't have to get so pissed off at these stupid games.

Gary...for our own sake man, let's hope Cincinnati doesn't pull out a Bungle with these last three games. They can lose to Philly and still get into the playoffs if they beat Pittsburgh and Pitt loses one of it's AFC games remaining. We control our own destiny and that is really all you can ask for. However, I don't want to be a downer here but if we come out looking sluggish on Thursday, I'm not going to have much hope of us getting in. By the way, Sanu being out really hurts us in my opinion, yeah...he doesn't get huge yards but that guy is a sure handed receiver and is a redzone threat, it's too bad that was short lived. Sigh. One more thing, what's up with Kirkpatrick barely playing?

What a god awful 2nd quarter from Cinci. My god I wanted to turn the game off so badly, but I hung in there. We need to seriously step it up if we expect to beat Pit.

Her eyes don't do it for me. I am big on eyes, and hair.. Eyes have to be a sunset shape. More curve on the top then the bottom, like Taylor Swift (although I don't like much else on her), and hair has to be straight or slightly curly. I also like pouty lips like Jennifer Garner. I like dimples, and for some reason I like slight bags under the eyes on women (like Minka Kelly). Not sure why but it makes them look real. So, that being said I will never find Mrs. Right because I am too picky!

Ben's wife looks like she's having a stroke or something. I wouldn't be able to get past that. Kinda like Seinfeld. It would bug me too much.

Her eyes don't do it for me. I am big on eyes, and hair.. Eyes have to be a sunset shape. More curve on the top then the bottom, like Taylor Swift (although I don't like much else on her), and hair has to be straight or slightly curly. I also like pouty lips like Jennifer Garner. I like dimples, and for some reason I like slight bags under the eyes on women (like Minka Kelly). Not sure why but it makes them look real. So, that being said I will never find Mrs. Right because I am too picky!

Ben's wife looks like she's having a stroke or something. I wouldn't be able to get past that. Kinda like Seinfeld. It would bug me too much.
If you say that because you are under the impression that the picture is of Ben's wife, you are under the wrong impression...

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME

Um, guys? This isn't a pretty girls thread. And quite frankly, the idea of you describing the girl that "does it for you" is kind of creepy.