NFL 2023-2024 Thread

SLAB

Hall of Famer
I like Mason - he's earned his keep and time - get him playing time earlier in games.
Crazy how the late RB picks are always better than the Shanahan 3rd round picks. Eli Mitchell when he isn’t hurt. Jordan Mason. Jeff Wilson.

Compare that to Joe Williams (lol) Trey Sermon and Ty Davis Price.

The first couple of games felt like they were just playing with their food. This game was the first time all year that it felt like the Niners actually came to play.
Or maybe another way to put it; we didn't let up after going up 20-0 in the first half. This was the first game we plugged that hole of getting real lackadaisical with a big lead and really just left no doubt about us stomping this win.

You gotta earn your way to be talked with the Mahomes/Allen/Hurts/Burrow tier of QB, but Purdy deserves every bit to be considered in that next tier of future superstar QBs. His processing ability and middle of the field dominance is right there with the best qbs in football

But outside of injuries, how do you beat the 49ers? Offensively, Purdy is playing the CP3 role perfectly making huge plays, you can't take away any one playmaker because we have 3 others to just fill right in. We can maul you in the run game, Purdy can push the ball downfield for huge chunk plays, Aiyuk is literally open every single route and Deebo remains one of the most explosive players in football with the ball in his hands.

Defensively, it's just pure dominance in all facets. Hargrave/Armstead is absolute disruption in the middle of the defense, we have elite edge rushers to cycle through to keep everyone fresh, Warner perfectly showed tonight why he's one of the highest paid LB's in football with pure dominance in all facets.

But outside of injuries, how do you beat the 49ers? Offensively, Purdy is playing the CP3 role perfectly making huge plays, you can't take away any one playmaker because we have 3 others to just fill right in. We can maul you in the run game, Purdy can push the ball downfield for huge chunk plays, Aiyuk is literally open every single route and Deebo remains one of the most explosive players in football with the ball in his hands.

Defensively, it's just pure dominance in all facets. Hargrave/Armstead is absolute disruption in the middle of the defense, we have elite edge rushers to cycle through to keep everyone fresh, Warner perfectly showed tonight why he's one of the highest paid LB's in football with pure dominance in all facets.
Yes, hoping Purdy's Ulnar ligament doesn't rear up and cause complications.....luckily its not MLB pitching type wear-and-tear he goes through during games each week.

My (unbiased) Top 10 Cowboys observations (as a Cowboys fan, and in no particular order):

1. Jerry needs to sell the team.
2. Mike's a terrible coach.
3. Mike's a terrible coach.
4. Jerry needs to sell the team.
5. Jerry needs to sell the team.
6. Mike's a terrible coach.
7. Jerry needs to sell the team.
8. Mike's a terrible coach.
9. Jerry needs to sell the team.
10. Jerry needs to sell the team.

I wasn’t worried about the Cowboys. Niners are better than them pretty much across the board, but I did expect a more competitive game.

Niners are a dominant team. AZ and Rams “hung around” but those games weren’t in doubt…and it still seems like they can be even better.

I feel they are the best team in the NFL. I’m not even afraid of the Chiefs anymore. I think the Niners would stomp them into the ground if they played next week. That’s how good I feel about this group.

Great performance. Purdy is legit. Cowboys went all out trying to rough up CMC and make Brock beat them. Brock beat them soundly