NFL 2020-21 Season

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Having some flashbacks now to a lame duck backup QB leading a two-minute drive to beat the Rams for the second time costing the team sweet sweet draft positions.

I’m not even hiding that I want them to lose. Lol

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Stealth tank ranking: :(:(:(
Shandalf winning with random castoffs and backups ranking: :cool:
Gonna remember this when we drop right behind the 4th 1st round QB on the board.

Of course Shanahan personally ranked CJ Beathard ahead of Mahomes and Watson, so do we even really want him picking a QB?

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Over the span of a week I’ve gone from TANK (still think this is the RIGHT direction) to thinking this team might sneak into the playoffs.

Only a game back in the playoff picture (tied with the Vikings and Bears)... The Rams suck, the Cards are the future but don’t seem ready yet, and while the Hawks will win the division they’re not nearly as scary as they seemed a few weeks ago.

This Monday is going to be huge to see where this team actually stands with the healthy bodies they got back.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Over the span of a week I’ve gone from TANK (still think this is the RIGHT direction) to thinking this team might sneak into the playoffs.

Only a game back in the playoff picture (tied with the Vikings and Bears)... The Rams suck, the Cards are the future but don’t seem ready yet, and while the Hawks will win the division they’re not nearly as scary as they seemed a few weeks ago.

This Monday is going to be huge to see where this team actually stands with the healthy bodies they got back.
Right. It’s crazy but the Niners could have just as good a chance as any other team to make it through the NFC pack if the get enough players healthy enough at the right time.
Of course, this is all for the privilege of getting smashed by the Chiefs in the Super Bowl but it’s just one Jimmy G coming back on a hot streak away from happening.

Who was the guy who wanted to trade back into the first round to grab this dude?

it was me

I was mad about it at first but you said it yourself that we don't have a QB who could get him the ball anyway. He would probably just be a rich man's Kendrick Bourne on this team instead of being one of the best WRs in the league.

Good news is Shanahan (unlike Walton), actually plays to the strengths and avoids the weaknesses of his players. Aiyuk and Samuel are much better suited for Jimmy G than DK would be.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
I was mad about it at first but you said it yourself that we don't have a QB who could get him the ball anyway. He would probably just be a rich man's Kendrick Bourne on this team instead of being one of the best WRs in the league.

Good news is Shanahan (unlike Walton), actually plays to the strengths and avoids the weaknesses of his players. Aiyuk and Samuel are much better suited for Jimmy G than DK would be.
Disagree. Remember against our very Niners when he turned a typical Shanahan over the middle route into a 70 yard TD with his stupid speed? It may not be his best fit, but he’s still have been a monster with Shanahan calling plays.

And Jimmy ain’t going to be the QB forever. Hopefully not even for another season. Lol