NFL 2020-21 Season

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Patriots; Get thrashed by the injury depleted Niners and almost lose to the Jets.

Also the Patriots; Beat the Ravens

Football is weird.

SLAB

Hall of Famer

The Washington Football Team passing on Fields/Wilson/Lance because Ron Rivera gets so caught up in the Alex Smith injury narrative would certainly be insane but pretty much par for the course as far as WFT is concerned.
No. He’s the Niners bridge to whoever they draft in the first next season. I’m going to will this scenario into existence.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
No. He’s the Niners bridge to whoever they draft in the first next season. I’m going to will this scenario into existence.
Look, if Washington wants to stubbornly build around a 37-year-old coming off of one of the worst injuries of all time and give us the chance to draft one of the top four or five QBs in this draft class, who am I to say no?

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Joe Burrow’s leg got shredded... hopefully it wasn’t as bad as it looked.
It has been a horrible year for QB injuries. Between all the leg shredding and Drew Brees’s brittle bones snapping like twigs when getting sacked, all of this just makes Tom Brady all the more remarkable.

This loss was actually on the Raiders offense - in this NFL era, the opposing team to the Chiefs must be able to put up major points - see the Patriots 2 years ago or the Raiders earlier win. Its been proven that good defense alone will not keep the Chiefs down all game the last 2 or 3 seasons. A team must be able to trade offensive blows. The Chargers had the Chiefs dead-to-rights the 2nd or 3rd game in the season, but their offense sputtered just enough.

I'm not sure any of the NFC teams will beat the Chiefs in the SuperBowl this year. - maybe the Seahawks - maybe.. Might've thought the Saints before losing Brees. Main hope that the Titans, Bills, or possibly the Raiders nip them....Steelers seem like over-achievers feasting on NFC Least. In other news, Its happy days when the Patriots won't be in the Playoffs....