next years line-up

Since93 said:
I don't think so.

Have you look at Cat's play lately?
And? If you said we need new SF and a new OG, I'd have to agree with you. Picking one over the other right now is like picking your own poison. No matter what heroics Cat puts up in a 4th quarter here or there with him in the line up we have woefully inadequate perimeter defense and more erratic play then I've seen in 5 years of following Kings. If Cat doesn't figure it all out soon and Pedja continues with his sabbatical this year we will see some real rebuilding in the offseason or even in the next year.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
PejaHoops16 - It's all good. ;)

Since93 said:
When did you start to agree we need Ron Artest VF? :D
I don't know, Since... I think I'm to the point where if we're going to totally rebuild this team, then we might as well do it big time. And I think Artest and Garnett would certainly solve a lot of our inside presence deficiencies.

:D

Okay, I'll admit it. I may have gone completely nuts.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
bozzwell said:
And? If you said we need new SF and a new OG, I'd have to agree with you. Picking one over the other right now is like picking your own poison. No matter what heroics Cat puts up in a 4th quarter here or there with him in the line up we have woefully inadequate perimeter defense and more erratic play then I've seen in 5 years of following Kings. If Cat doesn't figure it all out soon and Pedja continues with his sabbatical this year we will see some real rebuilding in the offseason or even in the next year.
Cat has only been here since January. I would really like to see people give him at least part of the benefit of the doubt they're so quick to give other players.

;)

bozzwell said:
Cat hasn't play for a post season with us YET. I would like to see what he can offer before I said let him go. But with Peja? I have already used up my patient and excuse, long time ago.

P.S. with Artest our perimeter defense will be supreme. No need to worry about. ;)

trades

how about these
* peja for artest
*kenny, greg and high draft pick for tyson chandler

so....

Pg
bibby
jackson

Sg
mobley
evans or if we sign barnes

Sf
artest (DEFENSE)
doesnt matter

Pf t
tyson
skinner

C
brad
someone from draft

we still dont have a real leader
but its better than we have now

Last edited:
VF21 said:
Cat has only been here since January. I would really like to see people give him at least part of the benefit of the doubt they're so quick to give other players.

;)
Agreed. However, Cat has been in the NBA for quite some time now. I kept my eye on Houston when Yao came over just to see what is all the hoopla about. Did not like Cat and Francis at all. As I said, I question whether he will ever figure it out (it being Kings system) and when is he going to show us some defence. The problem is not Cat and I am sure that he would do well on some other teams, but I don't like Cat and Bibby defending perimeter. Bibby is (IMHO) a cornerstone of our franchise now and he needs and deserves Doug-like partner.

Now, if you were to tell me that we can get Artest and move him back to OG, and get PP for Pedja and one of the ex-Philly trio, I would start doing cartwheels now! I don't care who we have at PF beyond that point. :)

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
bozzwell said:
Agreed. However, Cat has been in the NBA for quite some time now. I kept my eye on Houston when Yao came over just to see what is all the hoopla about. Did not like Cat and Francis at all. As I said, I question whether he will ever figure it out (it being Kings system) and when is he going to show us some defence. The problem is not Cat and I am sure that he would do well on some other teams, but I don't like Cat and Bibby defending perimeter. Bibby is (IMHO) a cornerstone of our franchise now and he needs and deserves Doug-like partner.

Now, if you were to tell me that we can get Artest and move him back to OG, and get PP for Pedja and one of the ex-Philly trio, I would start doing cartwheels now! I don't care who we have at PF beyond that point. :)
You can't judge how Cuttino will function as a King by how he's functioned as part of Houston or Orlando, any more than you could judge Bobby by his performance in Minneapolis, Doug in Toronto (or the other areas he played before here), Brad prior to his Kings tenure, etc. The Kings organization brings out different aspects of player's talents. I'm simply saying Cat might work out quite well.

Besides, if we have Artest we don't need to worry that much about Cat on the perimeter.

;)

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
PejaHoops16 said:
how about these
* peja for artest
*kenny, greg and high draft pick for tyson chandler

so....

Pg
bibby
jackson

Sg
mobley
evans or if we sign barnes

Sf
artest (DEFENSE)
doesnt matter

Pf t
tyson
skinner

C
brad
someone from draft

we still dont have a real leader
but its better than we have now
1. We don't have a high draft pick.
2. You aren't going to find an adequate back-up for Brad from the draft.

i meant high as in first pick
and i guess that brad tyson and brian skinner can just have a 3 man rotation at the pf and c
VF21 said:
1. We don't have a high draft pick.
2. You aren't going to find an adequate back-up for Brad from the draft.

VF21 said:
You can't judge how Cuttino will function as a King by how he's functioned as part of Houston or Orlando, any more than you could judge Bobby by his performance in Minneapolis, Doug in Toronto (or the other areas he played before here), Brad prior to his Kings tenure, etc. The Kings organization brings out different aspects of player's talents. I'm simply saying Cat might work out quite well.

Besides, if we have Artest we don't need to worry that much about Cat on the perimeter.

;)
All I am saying is I want this team to improve and the only way I can see major improvements is via trade. Pedja and Cat are in my book as trade baits. Packaged properly, they can bring something of great value in return, you know Petrie would/could do it. I don't want to trade either Pedja or Cat just because I don't like them anymore, I want something in return. And I am not "what have you done for me lately" type of fan. Neither Pedja nor Cat instill confidence in me as a Kings fan over a sustained period of time (albeit, as you pointed Cat was in different uniform for the most of that time). To contrast that, I give you an example of Bobby Jackson. He's been out for the best part of two years now, but you and I _know_ that when he is available he is a gamer that fits well on this team.

ya he is a better all around player than mobley and then mobley could get involved for a trade for a power forward

but the problem is getting redd

VF21 said:
PG
Mike Bibby
Bobby Jackson/Kevin Martin

SG
Cuttino Mobley
Kevin Martin/Mo Evans

SF
Ron Artest
Mo Evans/Matt Barnes

PF
Kevin Garnett
Darius Songaila

C
Brad Miller
Brian Skinner

Okay, it may need work but I LIKE IT!!!

:D
Firstly, I know that VF's patience with Peja has reached the breaking point, but did I really just see her propose a line-up that included Ron Artest?!?!:eek:

You should warn a person. I almost fainted.

Secondly, the only thing that any of us can say, definitively, about next year's line-up is that NO ONE knows what it's gonna look like. Its hard to predict the success of an unknown team.

i say peja, kenny, skinner for kg and 2 other bad players on the wolves

then that would give us the great inside outside game with bibby and kg

pg
bibby
jackson

sg
cuttino
evans

sf
barnes
williamson

pf
KG
williasmon or draft pick??

C
miller
ostertag

ALOT BETTER
but to me.... it seems like something is still missing

Alright this is what I would do;

To Seattle; Peja, House, 1st Rounder & 2nd rounder
To Kings; Lewis,

To Memphis; Mobley, Thomas

To Kings; Swift( Sign and Trade), Battier, 1st Round pick

Final Move

To Raptors; Jackson
To Kings; 1st round pick from Carter trade. ( Kings select Hakim Warrick)

Now all in all we loose, Jackson, Mobley, Peja, House, Thomas, 1st Rounder & 2nd
We Gain; Lewis, Swift, Battier, Warrick,Van Exel & 1st Round Pick

Most of you probably won't agree but I think this team would b able to win!

C-Swift/Skinner
PF-Miller/Songaila
SF-Lewis/Williamson/Warrick
SG-Battier/Evans/Martin
PG-Bibby/Van Exel

Sign Van Exel with the MLE.
Were set for now and the future (Martin,Evans,Warrick)

Just what I wish would happen.... I dream of the day we have Defence and Rebounding...

Last edited:
OptimusRhyme said:
Alright this is what I would do;

To Seattle; Peja, House, 1st Rounder & 2nd rounder
To Kings; Lewis,

To Memphis; Mobley, Thomas

To Kings; Swift( Sign and Trade), Battier, 1st Round pick

Final Move

To Raptors; Jackson
To Kings; 1st round pick from Carter trade. ( Kings select Hakim Warrick)

Now all in all we loose, Jackson, Mobley, Peja, House, Thomas, 1st Rounder & 2nd
We Gain; Lewis, Swift, Battier, Warrick,Van Exel & 1st Round Pick

Most of you probably won't agree but I think this team would b able to win!

C-Swift/Skinner
PF-Miller/Songaila
SF-Lewis/Williamson/Warrick
SG-Battier/Evans/Martin
PG-Bibby/Van Exel

Sign Van Exel with the MLE.
Were set for now and the future (Martin,Evans,Warrick)

Just what I wish would happen.... I dream of the day we have Defence and Rebounding...
Next....

^ How much more do you think we are going to get for our players, not more then that? Because if you think we are going to be able to get Garnett or players of high quality like that were not.

OptimusRhyme said:
^ How much more do you think we are going to get for our players, not more then that?
Not more than that, I think we are not going to get THAT! No way. I don't think the team is going to be that made over come the next season. A major move or two may happen but even what you proposed seems too much.

A

AriesMar27

ummm... the real problem with peja is that there is no one to pass the ball to him.... last year we had bibby, doug, miller and vlade.... 4 able bodies willing to put their futures in his quick shooting hands.....

now we have just bibby..... millers injured, cat doesnt/wont pass, darius/thomas cant do it either or as well as any of the previously mentioned guys.... not including webber.... skinner, corliss, evans, house, martin.... none of these guys are passers....

even with miller playing that would only be miller and bibby.... when/if we had doug that would be 3 guys to pass the ball to peja regardless of where he was on the floor because of the spacing they would have the entire court covered....

i say we trade thomas and corliss for boozer and mobley for artest.... send tag anywhere for anyone besides oliver miller.... and win us a damn ring.... this team is so mellow, artest would be in heaven, no pressure whatsoever... bibby shoots the clutch shots... peja is the leading scorer, boozer rebounds, miller spreads the floor... and all he has to do is guard the other teams best perimeter player(which he does anyways)... i think indy would do it if we throw in evans and take one of there useless players.

boozer would be happy as well, not having to be the man or even the man behind the man... he'd actually be the last man and do nothing but rebound.... and shoot wide open jumpers.... with some practice i could see him as a really good passer, no one saw it coming with miller....

most imporantly, peja will be well taken care of.... cause we all know that artest doent want the ball in his hands at the end of games.... he'll gladly pass it to peja....

^ Why is everyone so high on Boozer, the guy is a terrible defending big man, hes so overrated, we need an Interior presence, not a 6'8 Forward/Centre that can't block or contest shots good.

And why are we so high on Artest too? He's out for the whole season, who knows in what shape he will be in when he hits the NBA floor again? Will he be the same defensive-player-of-the-year artest? I say we get Pau Gasol. He's a big man who can play SF and PF and a good rebounder too.