News from the NBA BOG meeting - April 2012

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
The Maloofs have already used the threat of an anti-trust lawsuit to get their way. Sorry, but fans showing up at games is not going to change the BoG's mind with the threat of a lawsuit impending.

Bottom line, no new arena=no team.

I hope you are not under the assumption that the city should continue to negotiate with the Kings.
You are assuming the Maloofs are going to bully the NBA and Stern with their little anti-trust attorney?

For the life of me I can't see how the Maloofs can actually expect not to get raked over the coals and relentlessly booed every time they are seen(if they even set foot) in the arena. How can you expect anyone to want to purchase tickets or support you ever again!

I'd be in favor of of a boycott. But like others said, it has to be city wide... Everyone would have to participate. Mailing Maloof sponsors telling them to drop support, showing up to games only to protest outside the front doors. It would have to force them broke. If we couldn't do that we would be better off just filling the arena to impress the NBA. Theres no in between.

You are assuming the Maloofs are going to bully the NBA and Stern with their little anti-trust attorney?
It's been hinted they had an anti-trust lawyer with them.

Let's say they don't threaten the NBA with a lawsuit. Fan's show up at the game, show support for the team. There is still no new arena, which is the sticking point. The only way to get a new arena is to open negotiations with the Maloofs, which I do not support even if it means losing the team.

I haven't posted in quite a while but I have been following the arena news closely, and also watching the live press conference.

I just have to say, KJ is a genius. There is absolutely no way the Maloof come out not looking like the dbags that they are. They are going to be lambasted in the media. Absolutely ripped to shreds.

Let's say they don't threaten the NBA with a lawsuit. Fan's show up at the game, show support for the team. There is still no new arena, which is the sticking point. The only way to get a new arena is to open negotiations with the Maloofs, which I do not support even if it means losing the team.
i have to say that i am glad you are not at the negotiating table...

Last edited by a moderator:

gunks

Hall of Famer
I haven't posted in quite a while but I have been following the arena news closely, and also watching the live press conference.

I just have to say, KJ is a genius. There is absolutely no way the Maloof come out not looking like the dbags that they are. They are going to be lambasted in the media. Absolutely ripped to shreds.
Dont think its so much KJ being a genius as the Maloofs just being Dbags. There's really no need to spin it. Sac/NBA gave them an AMAZING deal, and its still not good enough for the crybaby ijits who lost their daddie's billions.

KJ is a friggin beast though.

Now that the arena deal is off, it's pretty much a no-brainer that the Kings aren't going to stay. I'm not going to any games next year and I hope the arena is almost completely empty for all home games next year....I'm done with this team! I can't believe the owners did this to us...

bajaden

Hall of Famer
I'd be in favor of of a boycott. But like others said, it has to be city wide... Everyone would have to participate. Mailing Maloof sponsors telling them to drop support, showing up to games only to protest outside the front doors. It would have to force them broke. If we couldn't do that we would be better off just filling the arena to impress the NBA. Theres no in between.
I know there's a lot of hatred for the Maloofs right now, and I'm with you on that. But a boycott would be like cutting off your nose despite your face. The best thing fans can do is sell out the damm arena and not give the Maloofs anymore amunition to work with.. They still have to get permission from the relocation committee to move, and based on everything thats happened so far, its unlikely the committee would allow that move. And if they don't, and the Maloofs can't survive financially under the current conditions, at some point they're only option may be to sell.

The league, the city, and the fans have walked the straight and narrow so far. Its the Maloofs that have strayed off course. To rule in their favor, would be a huge black eye for the league.

gunks

Hall of Famer
I'm with Baja.

Magoofs are going to have to sell eventually. They are dead set on moving to Anahiem and thats going to be their undoing, because the owners are gonna block that ish.

Waiting game. Kings fans vs the spoiled broke crybaby d bags.

Outside of the OC Register, there will not be a single positive article about the maloofs shenanigans. They will be the most hated NBA owners in the league. How can they possibly be approved for relocation with the obviously intentionally sabotaging a GREAT deal that they couldn't get in any other city nor any other nba owner has ever got?

i have to say that i am glad you are not at the negotiating table...

Nothing more can be done. There is nothing to negotiate. I'm sorry, but the Maloofs won't relent on their demands. If you want the city to relent to disingenuous owners, that's your problem. Take off the blindfold and realize the Maloofs will not negotiate in good faith.

I hope you are not in support of the City funding a higher percentage of the cost to keep the team in Sacramento. If that's the case, I'm glad you're not at the negotiating table.

Last edited by a moderator:

bajaden

Hall of Famer

Fortunately, your not speaking for the rest of us. The only way to get a new arena isn't just to reopen negotiations with the Maloofs. How about letting them die a slow death at Power Balance or whatever the name is, because the league won't let them move. We eventually get a new owner, and then get a new arena.

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
Mayor Johnson said everything that needed to be said. It certainly looks like the end is near. I'm going to try to put this out of my mind for now, enjoy the end of this season like it's the last NBA games I'll ever see, and just wait to see what happens. I have complete faith in Kevin Johnson and the Sac City council at this point to do what's right for Sacramento. What the Maloofs do or don't do is irrelevant to me now, but I'll continue to support the Sacramento Kings as long as they remain the Sacramento Kings.

Last edited:
Don't think you guys are going to have organize any boycott. People just aren't going to show up! Who would want to pay their hard earned money to watch a team that potentially has no future in Sacramento? not to mention a pretty bad LOSING team as well. Maloofs are done in Sacramento. They either sell or they move.

I know there's a lot of hatred for the Maloofs right now, and I'm with you on that. But a boycott would be like cutting off your nose despite your face. The best thing fans can do is sell out the damm arena and not give the Maloofs anymore amunition to work with.. They still have to get permission from the relocation committee to move, and based on everything thats happened so far, its unlikely the committee would allow that move. And if they don't, and the Maloofs can't survive financially under the current conditions, at some point they're only option may be to sell.

The league, the city, and the fans have walked the straight and narrow so far. Its the Maloofs that have strayed off course. To rule in their favor, would be a huge black eye for the league.
Thats why it would have to be a complete boycott. I don't know if thats possible because most the fans at the arena probably don't even follow the day to day happenings of the Kings. That being the case filling the arena up is probably the most viable and effective way of the fans making any sort of difference.