• Suns and Warriors

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Suns and lakers

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lonnie Walker once choked pretty hard in the state title game in highschool, always made me wonder how he'd respond in big games since. seems like tonight he's shaking those demons off.

I think the Kings wore out the Warriors in our 7 game series. The team is older and they had to do a bunch of chasing around on both ends. They're likely losing this series, but even if they miraculously made it out, they're not advancing further because their conditioning isn't there.

With the way the Lakers are playing, the Kings would've lost in 5 or 6. Prior to this series, I was confident we could beat them in 6 or 7, but they're playing with an edge and intensity that the Kings don't have. All their hustle, blocked shots, effort, extra possessions, etc. is not something we saw from the Kings against the Warriors.

Just another instance of Coach Kerr in his full sanctimonious glory...

While just a year ago, Andrew Bogut explains how much more the refs let him get away with on the Warriors:

“One thing that was crazy about that run was the s*** that I used to get away with screening,
man it was all time.

I knew if I was in Milwaukee and I set that I’d foul out in the first quarter, but playing in Golden
State, when they started to become that underdog team that was building up, I knew once Steph
or Klay got hot, the refs would be in the moment as well.

I could literally clothesline someone off the next pindown, I know Klay just hit 3 in a row, the
crowd’s on their feet as he’s getting his 4th and I could punch somebody in the face on a screen,
knock em out and they wouldn’t call it. Klay would get his 4th 3, and even the refs would go
‘Wow’ (and ignore it), it was crazy.

Then I get traded to Dallas to set those same screens and I’d get 3 fouls in the first quarter,
It was just crazy with the stuff I used to get away with there.”

Desperate time brings out desperate characters. Looks like it was Coach Kerr's desperate strategy to talk about gamesmanship in hopes of guilt-tripping the refs into giving them a more favorable whistle in their upcoming dark fate of win-or-go-home games.

Can't happen to a nicer guy. You love to see that.

I thought i would lean more towards the Lakers in this series, but I’m surprised by how indifferent I am to the Warriors downfall at the hands of the Lakers.

In fact, last night I often fell into the routine where I simply root for the trailing team(not against the Kings of course) out of instinct and was annoyed the Warriors fell lame to Lonnie Walker.

I just couldn’t bring myself to back anybody in this series. It has nothing to do with the old “rivalry” with the Lakers…

it’s mostly I do think there was some level of collusion to bolster the Lakers at the trade deadline. Obviously all trades are collusion to make teams better but I think these trades were specifically to make the Lakers better.

They got an incoming package for an outgoing one that I’m positive no other team could come close to with the expiring of Russell Westbrook and Kendrick Nunn.

I guarantee other teams(probably including the Kings) had far better offers for Vanderbilt and Hachimura for example. That’s where I believe the collusion took place. I thought they had enough to land D-Lo since his value was similar to Russ’ and not many teams going after him.

So I just don’t view the Lakers as the old guys that came back from the dead to save a floundering season and now they are on the cusp. It was all hands on deck to drag these guys to this. So I just couldn’t bring myself to root for them like many here did. Not rooting against them but the Warriors winning a series fair and square against the Kings wasn’t enough to make me jock the Lakers even though I thought it would be going in.

Just really hope the Nuggets and even the extremely unlikable Suns demolish whoever wins this series.

Last edited:
I thought i would lean more towards the Lakers in this series, but I’m surprised by how indifferent I am to the Warriors downfall at the hands of the Lakers.

In fact, last night I often fell into the routine where I simply root for the trailing team(not against the Kings of course) out of instinct and was annoyed the Warriors fell lame to Lonnie Walker.

I just couldn’t bring myself to back anybody in this series. It has nothing to do with the old “rivalry” with the Lakers…

it’s mostly I do think there was some level of collusion to bolster the Lakers at the trade deadline. Obviously all trades are collusion to make teams better but I think these trades were specifically to make the Lakers better.

They got an incoming package for an outgoing one that I’m positive no other team could come close to with the expiring of Russell Westbrook and Kendrick Nunn.

I guarantee other teams(probably including the Kings) had far better offers for Vanderbilt and Hachimura for example. That’s where I believe the collusion took place. I thought they had enough to land D-Lo since his value was similar to Russ’ and not many teams going after him.

So I just don’t view the Lakers as the old guys that came back from the dead to save a floundering season and now they are on the cusp. It was all hands on deck to drag these guys to this. So I just couldn’t bring myself to root for them like many here did. Not rooting against them but the Warriors winning a series fair and square against the Kings wasn’t enough to make me jock the Lakers even though I thought it would be going in.

Just really hope the Nuggets and even the extremely unlikable Suns demolish whoever wins this series.
100% this post.

It’s painful to listen to the National Media gawk over Pelinka and his “magical” overhaul of the roster to make the Lakers contenders. If I’m not mistaken, it was Rob Pelinka that created the terribly unbalanced roster when he bailed on the Buddy trade and acquired Westbrook in the first place. And the Lakers only had to live with that mistake for 1 full season. SMH.

If the Jazz move into the top 3 of the lottery I will not be surprised.

Just another instance of Coach Kerr in his full sanctimonious glory...
Desperate time brings out desperate characters. Looks like it was Coach Kerr's desperate strategy to talk about gamesmanship in hopes of guilt-tripping the refs into giving them a more favorable whistle in their upcoming dark fate of win-or-go-home games.
Kerr takes a bit from the Phil Jackson manual and seeks to influence the narrative around officiating. Like it or not, this unsavory strategy seems to work more often than not. Always worth a shot when you are facing elimination.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
It’s painful to listen to the National Media gawk over Pelinka and his “magical” overhaul of the roster to make the Lakers contenders. If I’m not mistaken, it was Rob Pelinka that created the terribly unbalanced roster when he bailed on the Buddy trade and acquired Westbrook in the first place...
Ah, but you forget, that was all LeBron's fault, to hear some people tell it.

100% this post.

It’s painful to listen to the National Media gawk over Pelinka and his “magical” overhaul of the roster to make the Lakers contenders. If I’m not mistaken, it was Rob Pelinka that created the terribly unbalanced roster when he bailed on the Buddy trade and acquired Westbrook in the first place. And the Lakers only had to live with that mistake for 1 full season. SMH.

If the Jazz move into the top 3 of the lottery I will not be surprised.
He was just lucky Danny Ainge is a draft pick whore.

Kerr takes a bit from the Phil Jackson manual and seeks to influence the narrative around officiating. Like it or not, this unsavory strategy seems to work more often than not. Always worth a shot when you are facing elimination.
Well, 3 of the top 4 foul and free throw descrepancies in a series the past 15 years (according to a graphic shown on TNT) are in favor of teams LBJ was on.

So there that.

Last edited:
Never thought I would cheer for the Lakers in this series.
Can't do it. Never would. LBJ and AD being part of the org make it even more impossible.

IMO, the Warriors have been hurt by these games being played every other day, as compared to the 1st round.

While the KINGS should have beaten the Warriors anyway, I think they'd definitely have beaten them with the same schedule being played in the 2nd round.

Does Draymond have blackmail on all of the refs or something?

Are they scared of him?

I really don't get it, why do they just let him disrespect them all game.

It's like no one has the courage to just T him up and make HIM change his ways.

Zero accountability it's pretty incredible to watch

Status
Not open for further replies.