• Suns and Warriors

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Suns and lakers

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
At least one person on this forum called the Suns being a big flop this year and nailed it. Hats off to whoever that was? Hrdboild?
A flop? I don't get that. This was a team that certainly has it's issues going forward but was anyone expecting instant rings? If they were they were way underestimating chemistry. The Suns are a team with a 2-3 year window and next year is the year if we see whether these deadline deals did indeed reshape the ladder in the West. If they don't win a ring in that 2-3 window, definite flop, but Booker and Durant had like what, less than 10 games together prior to the playoffs? lol. The reality is they went from middle rung to outlasting the 2 and 3 seeds with less than 10 games together essentially so there's that. Unfortunately for those 2 and 3 seeds, haha.

I don't think I was the only one, but I did predict that they wouldn't get much better after the KD trade this year considering they gave up two of their best shooters and their best defender in the deal. But the bigger issue is what happens next. The Suns had an extremely bright future with a young core and they chucked it to build around the tail end of CP3 and KD's careers instead. Considering the series DBook just had, some would argue a more patient approach of letting CP3 leave and finding a good young PG to compliment that Booker, Bridges, Ayton core would have given them a better chance at a championship. With no cap space or draft picks left they're just not a contender anymore unless all 4 of their stars stay healthy or they get a bunch of sweetheart deals to fix their roster like the Lakers did.
They show why if you have a chance to add without disrupting those pieces when you have the chance you do it. Just don't get too bought in. Them getting so far in such a short span was a danger in and of itself. It's really easy to say let CP3 leave when you just made the FINALS and that CP3 addition helped turn your team from 34 wins, to FINALS. Then they faded to almost out of the playoffs this season. We'll recheck this if next year the Kings dip to a 40 win pace and see what fans around here are willing to do, hahaha.

Had KD and Irving stayed in the East (i assume they finished 4/5) they could have easily smashed both the Cavs/NYKs and Heat and given either a Boston/76ers team who neither are playing great a run for their money, instead Kyrie and Luka tanked and KD got obliterated by Jokic and the real stealth hero of the series Bruce Brown. Also I reckon Ayton quit he did not want to be on the floor anymore getting abused by Joker and his own teammates he pulled a Ryan Garcia.

A flop? I don't get that. This was a team that certainly has its hey issues going forward but was anyone expecting instant rings? If they were they were way underestimating chemistry. The Suns are a team with a 2-3 year window and next year is the year if we see whether these deadline deals did indeed reshape the ladder in the West. If they don't win a ring in that 2-3 window, definite flop, but Booker and Durant had like what, less than 10 games together prior to the playoffs? lol. The reality is they went from middle rung to outlasting the 2 and 3 seeds with less than 10 games together essentially so there's that. Unfortunately for those 2 and 3 seeds, haha.
I’d say lots of people were expecting rings but almost no one was expecting a second round spanking. they have a couple year window but I’d still consider them a flop this season. They have arguably 2 of the top 5 most unguardable players in the NBA and got absolutely smoked by Denver who many analytic types said had no chance.

The Suns will have a chance to fix the depth and build chemistry next season for sure and I fully expect them to be a force.

Warhawk

Give blood and save a life!
Staff member
I’d say lots of people were expecting rings but almost no one was expecting a second round spanking.
Agreed, or at least strongly contending for one.

If they don't win a ring in that 2-3 window, definite flop, but Booker and Durant had like what, less than 10 games together prior to the playoffs?
And why was that? That is one reason why they are looking to win immediately. Durant gets hurt, and adding a couple more years to that ongoing wear and tear isn't going to help things in future years. His acquisition was definitely "WIN NOW".

Watching Golden State is a good way to figure out how to beat them. They live and die by the jump shot.
Watching Denver to me is very rewarding because I get to see Nikola Jokic. Wow.
Phoenix is another team that relies on shooting. Durant was positively mediocre last night.
I have never liked the Lakers since Kareem retired. AD is a force to be dealt with. James is a shadow of his former self.

Also hats off to Denver for signing/trading/drafting some under the radar wings that have made a big difference for them. KCP and the two “Browns” really impacted winning. 2 of the 3 are undersized too.

Kingz19

Hall of Famer
At least the kings were in it until the third quarter!
they were technically still in it going into the 4th despite the rebounding disaster of the third. I think they were only down 7 or 8 going into the fourth. Though admittedly, it didn’t feel like they were in it despite the manageable margin.

Phoenix elimination games aren’t comparable as they were completely uncompetitive from the jump.

Just not the same

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
A flop? I don't get that. This was a team that certainly has it's issues going forward but was anyone expecting instant rings? If they were they were way underestimating chemistry. The Suns are a team with a 2-3 year window and next year is the year if we see whether these deadline deals did indeed reshape the ladder in the West. If they don't win a ring in that 2-3 window, definite flop, but Booker and Durant had like what, less than 10 games together prior to the playoffs? lol. The reality is they went from middle rung to outlasting the 2 and 3 seeds with less than 10 games together essentially so there's that. Unfortunately for those 2 and 3 seeds, haha.
They were pretty much proclaimed instant favorites by a large swath of the national media, so I'm going to say yes?

Durant is 34 and had some major injuries. 2-3 window puts him at 37 which I don't think is a realistic age for him to carry. Paul is under contract for 2 more years but he's 38 already and that puts him at 40.

3 year window means your banking on a 37 year old with injury history and a 40 year old to win a ring

Closest analogy is the Celtics and they did get a ring in year one

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
They show why if you have a chance to add without disrupting those pieces when you have the chance you do it. Just don't get too bought in. Them getting so far in such a short span was a danger in and of itself. It's really easy to say let CP3 leave when you just made the FINALS and that CP3 addition helped turn your team from 34 wins, to FINALS. Then they faded to almost out of the playoffs this season. We'll recheck this if next year the Kings dip to a 40 win pace and see what fans around here are willing to do, hahaha.

Well, the question is:

Do you go for the long haul with a core group of Booker (top 10 scorer), Bridges (elite 3 and D wing) and Ayton (20 and 10 center) who are all 26 years old or younger and trust your front office to find them enough complimentary pieces over the next 10 years to win a championship or do you go all-in now with two superstars (KD and CP3) who are both in the age range where the risk of season-ending or career-ending injury is historically very high for NBA players and bet on your medical staff to keep them healthy?

Although I was down on the trade at the time, that's mostly because KD was already injured. I actually don't think the answer is obvious. It could be that this pays off for them and they win their championship like Boston did with the Pierce, KG, Allen, Rondo group. If that happens most fans would probably say it was worth it. If it doesn't work out though and they can't even get back to the Finals with this group, aren't they always going to be looking back at the moment they gave up Mikal Bridges the same way OKC fans look back at the James Harden trade as a huge missed opportunity? I think I just skew in a more conservative direction when it comes to NBA talent -- I wouldn't go all-in like this unless I was really desperate and in general I would always prefer to bet on my team's ability to develop young players instead of locking myself into salary cap hell and hoping those older veterans stay healthy.

pdxKingsFan

Staff member
The thing with the Celtics was they gave up two picks (one which was actually Minnesota's pick) and a bunch of players (I think Al Jefferson and Gerald Green were the highlights, maybe Sebastian Telfair at the time was considered potentially good but I think was already a bust?)

Phoenix's trade was far worse. The kind of trade the Nets used to be on the wrong end of.

It kind of has to pay off next year or its a bust. The guys are already older I think that the guys Boston acquired. And I think they were ~10 year vets? (Pierce drafted in 98, KG and Allen 97?) Hell - they were still "young" enough to entice the Nets into buying 2 of these guys after Allen took off. Boston won with this group exactly once. In year one. Phoenix is WAAAAY beyond that timeline.

Agreed, or at least strongly contending for one.

And why was that? That is one reason why they are looking to win immediately. Durant gets hurt, and adding a couple more years to that ongoing wear and tear isn't going to help things in future years. His acquisition was definitely "WIN NOW".
They made a deadline move. Was it the right call? We'll see, but considering all the drama around that franchise even they I doubt were expecting to win out against the real contenders.

They were pretty much proclaimed instant favorites by a large swath of the national media, so I'm going to say yes?
Well, then that's their fault. Being a contender and winning it all the first year are two different things. They just stood toe to toe with the top team in the West and jumped the 2 and 3 seeds, so I'd hope Monte is keeping an eye on that whole thing, now we see what they've got and with the Suns franchise it very well could be a dramatic disaster. For the sake of the other teams in the West, hopefully that is the case. As it is, there is no question about it, the Lakers and Suns got a huge bump post trade deadline.

Durant is 34 and had some major injuries. 2-3 window puts him at 37 which I don't think is a realistic age for him to carry. Paul is under contract for 2 more years but he's 38 already and that puts him at 40.

3 year window means your banking on a 37 year old with injury history and a 40 year old to win a ring

Closest analogy is the Celtics and they did get a ring in year one
Ah, but see, I'm partly accounting for potential "ring chasers". haha. As Kings fans, we've seen this kind of BS unfold. I mean, what other franchise besides the Lakers could have pulled off the trades they did to go from hot garbage to within sniffing distance of the WCF's? As a fan of small market teams it's the classic F you.

The C's got a ring in year one, but again, apples and oranges, this Suns team constructed their team at the deadline. The C's did theirs on draft night. We still aren't sure what the Suns are and they might look a bit different come next season. I can see why they are shopping Ayton and was shocked that after they completely crapped the bed with him they just brought him back, with a coach he has had issues with, and thought it would be fine and dandy.

pdxKingsFan

Staff member
Well, then that's their fault. Being a contender and winning it all the first year are two different things. They just stood toe to toe with the top team in the West and jumped the 2 and 3 seeds, so I'd hope Monte is keeping an eye on that whole thing, now we see what they've got and with the Suns franchise it very well could be a dramatic disaster. For the sake of the other teams in the West, hopefully that is the case. As it is, there is no question about it, the Lakers and Suns got a huge bump post trade deadline.
They "jumped" the 2 and 3 seeds?

Arguably the Lakers jumped into a top 3 seed after 3 or 4 GMs around the league arranged to bail out their horrible roster, at the same time the Suns took their big swing.

But I've seen no evidence that the Suns have jumped the Kings or Grizzlies long term, and if the Grizz slide it was their own doing by not fostering a healthy environment for their young star player.

The Kings certainly failed to meet the moment against an experienced defending champion but that was much of the concern headed into this first playoff berth in a generation - lack of experience. And let's not pretend the Warriors didn't get a huge boost by officials who began looking the other way at all the fouling GS was doing from Game 3 on.

Well, the question is:

Do you go for the long haul with a core group of Booker (top 10 scorer), Bridges (elite 3 and D wing) and Ayton (20 and 10 center) who are all 26 years old or younger and trust your front office to find them enough complimentary pieces over the next 10 years to win a championship or do you go all-in now with two superstars (KD and CP3) who are both in the age range where the risk of season-ending or career-ending injury is historically very high for NBA players and bet on your medical staff to keep them healthy?

Although I was down on the trade at the time, that's mostly because KD was already injured. I actually don't think the answer is obvious. It could be that this pays off for them and they win their championship like Boston did with the Pierce, KG, Allen, Rondo group. If that happens most fans would probably say it was worth it. If it doesn't work out though and they can't even get back to the Finals with this group, aren't they always going to be looking back at the moment they gave up Mikal Bridges the same way OKC fans look back at the James Harden trade as a huge missed opportunity? I think I just skew in a more conservative direction when it comes to NBA talent -- I wouldn't go all-in like this unless I was really desperate and in general I would always prefer to bet on my team's ability to develop young players instead of locking myself into salary cap hell and hoping those older veterans stay healthy.
For me? I do whatever Booker says. I mean, this is the other part of things, you really think Booker would have been cool with the Suns just letting Paul walk after making the finals? That's playing with trade demand fire right there. Prior to that, I would have signed Ayton to his extension immediately or traded him immediately. So, it's hard to say what the team would look like. Overall, I would have done what the Kings did with De'Aaron, hey Book, what do you need? Like I said before, paint out the cap picture with those other pieces and show how they would have gotten those other pieces. This is why I think Monte better be aggressive because once the cap starts to harden like that it gets immensely tougher. As for the Suns. My take is they didn't just trade for guys on enders. Now that would have been DESPERATE. They have contracts. They also didn't give up their superstar in the process of getting those pieces. They gave up serious draft capital and younger talent, but if they need to rebuild, they will get a kings ransom for Booker. No doubt if he's healthy.

Last edited:
They "jumped" the 2 and 3 seeds?

Arguably the Lakers jumped into a top 3 seed after 3 or 4 GMs around the league arranged to bail out their horrible roster, at the same time the Suns took their big swing.

But I've seen no evidence that the Suns have jumped the Kings or Grizzlies long term, and if the Grizz slide it was their own doing by not fostering a healthy environment for their young star player.

The Kings certainly failed to meet the moment against an experienced defending champion but that was much of the concern headed into this first playoff berth in a generation - lack of experience. And let's not pretend the Warriors didn't get a huge boost by officials who began looking the other way at all the fouling GS was doing from Game 3 on.
Like I said, we now will see what the long term outlook is like. Bottom line, they were in the playoffs after the 2 and 3 seeds were gone. It was clear what those teams were doing in that range at the deadline and there isn't a question about it now, they were right. At least in the sense of instant gratification. It sucks and hopefully it was a blip, but you can't ignore it if you're the other GM's in the Western conference.

And isn't the big boys getting bailed out the typical thing? For those of us that remember the "glory days" we've seen it happen time and time again. To everyone but teams like the Kings, haha. And we also know the only way to combat it is to be even more aggressive. In all ways. Now, that doesn't mean being stupid or throwing out the baby with the bathwater. Heck, this time 2 years ago how many people were ready to ship off Foxy? Well, at that time it may have made more sense but as we see, and this deadline is a prime example, things can change in a hurry. Where you are is always relative to everybody else in sports.

pdxKingsFan

Staff member
Like I said, we now will see what the long term outlook is like. Bottom line, they were in the playoffs after the 2 and 3 seeds were gone. It was clear what those teams were doing in that range at the deadline and there isn't a question about it now, they were right. At least in the sense of instant gratification. It sucks and hopefully it was a blip, but you can't ignore it if you're the other GM's in the Western conference.

And isn't the big boys getting bailed out the typical thing? For those of us that remember the "glory days" we've seen it happen time and time again. To everyone but teams like the Kings, haha. And we also know the only way to combat it is to be even more aggressive. In all ways. Now, that doesn't mean being stupid or throwing out the baby with the bathwater. Heck, this time 2 years ago how many people were ready to ship off Foxy? Well, at that time it may have made more sense but as we see, and this deadline is a prime example, things can change in a hurry. Where you are is always relative to everybody else in sports.
I guess I'm just not willing to give the Suns special credit for making it out of the first round against the Clippers. We'd have beaten the Clippers handily.

We drew a bunk matchup against a player who was allowed to assault our second star and another player who was allowed to elbow and manhandle him repeatedly. I'm not confident we'd have fared a lot better against the Lakers but I'd have liked our chances to at least go 7 against any of the other western playoff teams, including Denver and Memphis.

I guess I'm just not willing to give the Suns special credit for making it out of the first round against the Clippers. We'd have beaten the Clippers handily.

We drew a bunk matchup against a player who was allowed to assault our second star and another player who was allowed to elbow and manhandle him repeatedly. I'm not confident we'd have fared a lot better against the Lakers but I'd have liked our chances to at least go 7 against any of the other western playoff teams, including Denver and Memphis.
Well, those questions about matchups are what ifs. In the end, I wonder if the best matchup for the Kings wasn't the Warriors considering that allowed the Kings to play the guard ball that eventually kept them in it? The only credit I give the Suns is at least being aggressive and opening up a window that appeared to be closing. This franchise was a dumpster fire from ownership down and we know what that can look like very well while just sitting in the middle of nowhere forever. Was that incarnation of the Suns window closed for good? Who is to say but we saw them enough, it was heading on the downward trend with big extensions just to keep it together looming. And yes, part of the pressure was the Paul albatross of a contract but like I said, what do you do in their spot? People can Monday morning QB that all day, but Monday ain't Sunday. The Suns are under the gun time wise for sure now and now is where their management and ownership show their chops. They have one summer and one preseason to get to that upper rung. Which still doesn't guarantee rings BTW. Heck speaking of that Celtics team, they only won one. It's not like they built a dynasty themselves. IMO, it's better to take 2 or 3 of your best shots at a ring rather than 10 mediocre ones if you are in a spot to do so and have exhausted a majority of those 10 mediocre ones anyway. Burning it up and rebuilding once the fire is out is far better than blah. Blah can have periods where your team is out of the playoffs for 16 straight years. Or years of middle blah like the Blazers.

pdxKingsFan

Staff member
Well, those questions about matchups are what ifs. In the end, I wonder if the best matchup for the Kings wasn't the Warriors considering that allowed the Kings to play the guard ball that eventually kept them in it? The only credit I give the Suns is at least being aggressive and opening up a window that appeared to be closing. This franchise was a dumpster fire from ownership down and we know what that can look like very well while just sitting in the middle of nowhere forever. Was that incarnation of the Suns window closed for good? Who is to say but we saw them enough, it was heading on the downward trend with big extensions just to keep it together looming. And yes, part of the pressure was the Paul albatross of a contract but like I said, what do you do in their spot? People can Monday morning QB that all day, but Monday ain't Sunday. The Suns are under the gun time wise for sure now and now is where their management and ownership show their chops. They have one summer and one preseason to get to that upper rung. Which still doesn't guarantee rings BTW. Heck speaking of that Celtics team, they only won one. It's not like they built a dynasty themselves. IMO, it's better to take 2 or 3 of your best shots at a ring rather than 10 mediocre ones if you are in a spot to do so and have exhausted a majority of those 10 mediocre ones anyway. Burning it up and rebuilding once the fire is out is far better than blah. Blah can have periods where your team is out of the playoffs for 16 straight years. Or years of middle blah like the Blazers.
The Suns blew it pushing everything in on Paul and then being cheap with Ayton and ticking him off in the process. He basically quiet quit on them and they matched his deal anyway and it got worse.

I don't understand about the Warriors matchup being best for the Kings? I guess if they were not allowed to bully us in a one-sided manner, it would have been a good matchup? but of course that's what took Domas out to begin with. I still think Domas would have looked good against most other teams. Maybe if we had matched Denver the Jokic-Domas matchup would have been hyped. Phoenix, they really don't have a good big to go against us. Clippers, we battled them in shootouts. Domas was good. Memphis is a with or without Adams thing, currently they are without.

Minnesota was a bad matchup for us. But I think that's the only one in the West aside from Grizz with Adams. The East coast teams had bigs that gave us fits though. We'd have been lambs to the slaughter if we faced any of the top East teams.

The Suns blew it pushing everything in on Paul and then being cheap with Ayton and ticking him off in the process. He basically quiet quit on them and they matched his deal anyway and it got worse.

I don't understand about the Warriors matchup being best for the Kings? I guess if they were not allowed to bully us in a one-sided manner, it would have been a good matchup? but of course that's what took Domas out to begin with. I still think Domas would have looked good against most other teams. Maybe if we had matched Denver the Jokic-Domas matchup would have been hyped. Phoenix, they really don't have a good big to go against us. Clippers, we battled them in shootouts. Domas was good. Memphis is a with or without Adams thing, currently they are without.

Minnesota was a bad matchup for us. But I think that's the only one in the West aside from Grizz with Adams. The East coast teams had bigs that gave us fits though. We'd have been lambs to the slaughter if we faced any of the top East teams.
Absolutely. No doubt. And now they will try and correct that as well. Now, the next hope is the Suns don't get a bundle for the dude.

As for the Warriors, the Kings were where they were in that series because of Fox and Monk basically. And some of that Davion defense in the early and middle portion of the series. I'm not sure how many minutes Fox, Monk, and Davion get to play as a unit against the other teams. Playoffs being the playoffs the players that were able to create for themselves, run the offense, score, and defend seemed to rise as playoff basketball has historically dictated. The two best creators are Fox and Monk and the best overall defender is obviously Davion. The issue is that all are combo G's. During the season Domas dominated the Warriors. They said they had a plan going in, apparently they did. There's not enough data about what Sabonis is come playoff time. The last series he played with Indy he dipped for sure but that was a totally different role for him and situation.

pdxKingsFan

Staff member
Absolutely. No doubt. And now they will try and correct that as well. Now, the next hope is the Suns don't get a bundle for the dude.

As for the Warriors, the Kings were where they were in that series because of Fox and Monk basically. And some of that Davion defense in the early and middle portion of the series. I'm not sure how many minutes Fox, Monk, and Davion get to play as a unit against the other teams. Playoffs being the playoffs the players that were able to create for themselves, run the offense, score, and defend seemed to rise as playoff basketball has historically dictated. During the season Domas dominated the Warriors. They said they had a plan going in, apparently they did. There's not enough data about what Sabonis is come playoff time. The last series he played with Indy he dipped for sure but that was a totally different role for him and situation.
It might be purple colored glasses, but I'm willing to throw this whole series out for Domas. He was playing pretty well in game 2 up until the stomp. Much better than game 1. Was never the same after. This is why I now hate the Warriors and lost all respect for one of my all time favorite college players Steve Kerr overnight.

It might be purple colored glasses, but I'm willing to throw this whole series out for Domas. He was playing pretty well in game 2 up until the stomp. Much better than game 1. Was never the same after. This is why I now hate the Warriors and lost all respect for one of my all time favorite college players Steve Kerr overnight.
Does it ever seem to end up different for teams like Sac though? My realistic side tells me the Kings are going to have to over perform and out maneuver these teams to make up for what is allowed from teams like that. Petrie got close. Real close in that 2002-2003 season. Fate stepped in and down it went. When it did, that showed me that even though Petrie closed all the gaps in terms of needs like shotblocking, G defense, etc. you ride starpower to the promise land. Not role players. They support your stars. If you have enough star power to combat your way into that legit top 5 then you have a shot whether that's 2 years or 10 years. Although we already know that the cap is designed in a way to make that dynasty territory tough to get to unless you have a super duper 2-3 player combo and everything else is players begging just to ride the wave. Now it sounds like these new changes could even make that tougher which actually might help teams like Sac, who knows. If the Kings won 58 games instead of 48 you could probably look at this differently. In watching Monte's presser I think he's fully aware there are steps ahead to get to 58. Right now, the results up to this point tell us that it's probable that 48 wins won't be getting home court advantange come playoff time next season unless something drastic occurs. Teams like the Suns and Lakers didn't bow out, they went for it, so whatever that window is, they made the road tougher and yes, outlasted the Kings regardless of circumstance.

pdxKingsFan

Staff member
Does it ever seem to end up different for teams like Sac though? My realistic side tells me the Kings are going to have to over perform and out maneuver these teams to make up for what is allowed from teams like that. Petrie got close. Real close in that 2002-2003 season. Fate stepped in and down it went. When it did, that showed me that even though Petrie closed all the gaps in terms of needs like shotblocking, G defense, etc. you ride starpower to the promise land. Not role players. They support your stars. If you have enough star power to combat your way into that legit top 5 then you have a shot whether that's 2 years or 10 years. Although we already know that the cap is designed in a way to make that dynasty territory tough to get to unless you have a super duper 2-3 player combo and everything else is players begging just to ride the wave. Now it sounds like these new changes could even make that tougher which actually might help teams like Sac, who knows. If the Kings won 58 games instead of 48 you could probably look at this differently. In watching Monte's presser I think he's fully aware there are steps ahead to get to 58. Right now, the results up to this point tell us that it's probable that 48 wins won't be getting home court advantange come playoff time next season unless something drastic occurs. Teams like the Suns and Lakers didn't bow out, they went for it, so whatever that window is, they made the road tougher and yes, outlasted the Kings regardless of circumstance.
I don't think it's 2002 anymore.

I think the Dubs got the generous officiating because they were the team that has 10 years of hype around them. Kerr has respect and when he started griping and probably because the media acted like the NBA was too hard on the Warriors over the stomp and somehow turned Domas into the villain in the national narrative, it worked.

We had 2 or 3 quasi-nationally televised games. We were setting records for first round playoff ratings. That will lead to us getting more ESPN and TNT games next year and quite possibly one or two network games including a rematch with GS on Christmas day. I don't think LAL-GSW is going to generate the interest a Sac-GS rematch will because this series has been far less interesting (I hear the ratings are good though).

Here's my prediction: Fox won't be an all-star replacement next year. He'll make the team. And when that happens, I expect we'll see more "fair" officiating. Maybe even occasionally pro-Kings officiating. Certainly I expect to see us get an edge at home again next year if we have home TV games. Which we should because our arena and crowd is tops in the league.

pdxKingsFan

Staff member
I don't know how many series the league may have credibly rigged after 2002 but I think the great shame in 2002 was that had Webber not suffered his injury in 2003 our team probably would have 2-3 titles.

It probably seemed harmless in the grand scheme of life to rig game 6 just to get one more big rated game. Hell, Kings would almost certainly have won game 4 if Walker's half time shot were reviewable. They probably figure, Kings are the better team, they'll take 7 at home, easy, everyone wins. In the end it wound up being far more harmful to the Kings and Sacramento fanbase than anyone could have imagined.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
The Suns didn't "extend their window" by trading for Durant, they did the opposite of that. They took a 5-6 year window and turned it into a 2-year window, and now one of those years is gone, all they because they panicked over a down year, and overreacted, and they got a new team governor who wanted to make a big splash with his new toy. James Jones made moves that a GM should not have made unless that GM thought that his team was built around Chris Paul.

gunks

Hall of Famer
Man, eff the Warriors, missing all these open 3s.... where was this pathetic shooting when they were playing us?!

I mean, I still want them to go home losers tonight so I can get back to rooting against the Lakers next round, but still..

Status
Not open for further replies.