• Suns and Warriors

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Suns and lakers

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I kinda knew that dumb owner would fire their coach if they lost at precisely the moment he decided to keep the ball from getting back into play and get into it with a player.

I'm guessing this guy is gonna have Vivek's learning curve but he bought a title contender. Sucks for Suns fans.

I kinda knew that dumb owner would fire their coach if they lost at precisely the moment he decided to keep the ball from getting back into play and get into it with a player.

I'm guessing this guy is gonna have Vivek's learning curve but he bought a title contender. Sucks for Suns fans.
It's an odd thing how a guy can go from coach of the year, to being fired within a few seasons. I've never understood the blame a good coach angle.

I wonder who they think is better than Williams....and available

wont be the last we hear from Monte Williams, but I think it was a warranted firing tbh. 2 years in a row they get laughed off the court in an elimination game.

If they can get someone who can keep Ayton in the action and not phasing out that coach will do great. Who knows what the future of that roster holds though, now that they've got KD and Booker everyone else is replaceable if the cost is right.

hrdboild

Hall of Famer
wont be the last we hear from Monte Williams, but I think it was a warranted firing tbh. 2 years in a row they get laughed off the court in an elimination game.

If they can get someone who can keep Ayton in the action and not phasing out that coach will do great. Who knows what the future of that roster holds though, now that they've got KD and Booker everyone else is replaceable if the cost is right.
There were legit reasons to question if Monty Williams was the right coach to get the most out of this roster as presently constructed but who is going to want that job at this point?

Monty is a great coach, and I wonder if this is them trying to mend fences with Ayton? They'll probably pull a Kings and fire the coach and still dump the player, lol. They've made their bed and the only stupid thing is if they are making moves without the OK from Booker and Durant. That's their foundation. Rumors are KD was OK with it. It's a fresh start, and if they get someone like Bud, argh. They also get the luck in the sense that there are going to be quality championship coaches beating down their door probably.

Monty is a great coach, and I wonder if this is them trying to mend fences with Ayton? They'll probably pull a Kings and fire the coach and still dump the player, lol. They've made their bed and the only stupid thing is if they are making moves without the OK from Booker and Durant. That's their foundation. Rumors are KD was OK with it. It's a fresh start, and if they get someone like Bud, argh. They also get the luck in the sense that there are going to be quality championship coaches beating down their door probably.
That's the only possible answer and yet I can't see Ayton staying? Damage is done there, right? Apparently the new owner who has "assumed full control of basketball operations" has been seen sitting with the OG Isaiah Thomas so ummm, good luck buddy.

That's the only possible answer and yet I can't see Ayton staying? Damage is done there, right? Apparently the new owner who has "assumed full control of basketball operations" has been seen sitting with the OG Isaiah Thomas so ummm, good luck buddy.
Personally, if they can get a more defensive/shooting big I think they're better off anyway. Ayton isn't going to reach his potential on that team and his defensive effort is too off and on. Now here's to hoping the owner dumps Ayton for scraps, turns off every ring level coach in interviews, and the old guard on the Suns fizzles.

Personally, if they can get a more defensive/shooting big I think they're better off anyway. Ayton isn't going to reach his potential on that team and his defensive effort is too off and on. Now here's to hoping the owner dumps Ayton for scraps, turns off every ring level coach in interviews, and the old guard on the Suns fizzles.
I like Ayton from college but I'd be lying if I didn't think he was a complete disappointment thus far. What are they going to get for him? It's funny they wanted to trade him for Domas supposedly, which is probably what started all the bad blood.

I like Ayton from college but I'd be lying if I didn't think he was a complete disappointment thus far. What are they going to get for him? It's funny they wanted to trade him for Domas supposedly, which is probably what started all the bad blood.
I'm sure the talks with Indy will resume if Indy doesn't get pick 1. Even if so maybe they do. I'm not sure value wise Turner is worth an Ayton but imagine Hali and Ayton in pick and roll? Ayton is jumping up to 20-25 game range for sure.

... And speaking of prognostication (peep the timestamp on the quoted tweet):

This is just weird.

Even after acknowledging my own bias after the Kings series, it'll be hard to still root for the Dubs thinking that they can go far, especially against the retooled Lakers.

People really buying into that "championship genes" so much that, the lack of talent in the roster depth and their lead scorers no longer scoring on demand flew right passed them.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
^^^^ Bob Meyers outsmarted himself. He thought that he could succeed where the 80s Celtics failed, as far as building a new dynasty while still in the midst of the old dynasty. Only this time, it wasn't a possibly generational talent tragically OD'ing, but a bunch of imagined future pillars, that turned out to be Lincoln Logs.

But hey, at least they only owe Jordan Poole another $180M.

Status
Not open for further replies.