[NBA] Comments that don't warrant a thread (TDOS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didnt Mark Jackson tell the team that Harrison Barnes wasnt playing very well in his second season because he got possessed by a demon? Could have sworn I read an article on that years ago.
I mean if your a player and you fall for it your a dumbass so it was probably a test

dude12

Hall of Famer
I got a question in regards to Brown and Philly. Maybe not a question but a comment. I know they didn’t do well in the playoffs but they were missing Simmons right? Isn’t that kind of important? Brown also coached the team that was put together for them and it’s a bunch of ill fitting parts if you ask me. Browns fault or the guys who put the team together?

I got a question in regards to Brown and Philly. Maybe not a question but a comment. I know they didn’t do well in the playoffs but they were missing Simmons right? Isn’t that kind of important? Brown also coached the team that was put together for them and it’s a bunch of ill fitting parts if you ask me. Browns fault or the guys who put the team together?
The answer you’re looking is the guy who maxed out Harris/Horford. Same idiot who chose those two over Butler and the same idiot who chose to go Horford over D’Angelo Russell

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Brown was simply the first scapegoat with a roster that had a lot of misfitting pieces and that were missing their other All-Star but I can understand why Philly chose to go in another direction. Brown has been with them for quite a while and they just haven't done too well in the Postseason under him even before the Harris extension and the Butler trial, etc. Maybe he will prosper elsewhere.

dude12

Hall of Famer
Brown was simply the first scapegoat with a roster that had a lot of misfitting pieces and that were missing their other All-Star but I can understand why Philly chose to go in another direction. Brown has been with them for quite a while and they just haven't done too well in the Postseason under him even before the Harris extension and the Butler trial, etc. Maybe he will prosper elsewhere.
It’s funny, I remember when they were building during the process, I recall how hard the team played and competed before Embiid and thought Brown did a hell of a job with what he had. Now that he had Embiid and these other guys, just couldn’t quite put it together.
Ive always thought Embiid is a hell of a talent but also don’t believe in him as a championship type of guy.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
It’s funny, I remember when they were building during the process, I recall how hard the team played and competed before Embiid and thought Brown did a hell of a job with what he had. Now that he had Embiid and these other guys, just couldn’t quite put it together.
Ive always thought Embiid is a hell of a talent but also don’t believe in him as a championship type of guy.
I think you can win a title with Embiid but in order to achieve that I would get a PG that can spread the floor and another consistent scorer that can take some pressure off of him just for starters.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
I think you can win a title with Embiid but in order to achieve that I would get a PG that can spread the floor and another consistent scorer that can take some pressure off of him just for starters.
So many of their issues would have been solved had they not panicked and punted on Fultz before they even had a chance to see if his form had improved at all.
Then again picking Fox, while not exactly solving their spacing issues, would have made them an infinitely more dynamic core/ provided a change of pace from their two main pieces.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
So many of their issues would have been solved had they not panicked and punted on Fultz before they even had a chance to see if his form had improved at all.
Then again picking Fox, while not exactly solving their spacing issues, would have made them an infinitely more dynamic core/ provided a change of pace from their two main pieces.
I don't have much faith in Fultz amounting to nothing more than a backup PG. They definitely have some decisions to make though. Retool or rebuild is the question here.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
I don't have much faith in Fultz amounting to nothing more than a backup PG. They definitely have some decisions to make though. Retool or rebuild is the question here.
They have a bunch of interesting/good pieces but yeah not a great team. Thybulle is a fascinating defensive star-in-waiting but the Sixers probably give up some of that defensive potential if it meant more floor spacing, which is all my way of saying that if they are indeed interested in Buddy, Thybulle more than anything would be my main target.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
The Nets are apparently trying to poach Pop from San Antonio to be their new coach but if Pop couldn’t deal with Kawhi, there is absolutely no way in hell he puts up with Kyrie telling him the Earth is flat five times a game.
Thing is, I'm pretty sure there's a South Seas island somewhere trying to poach Pop from San Antonio as well. They won't pay as well as Brooklyn in cash, but the benefits package is pretty stellar, I hear.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Giannis as DPOY? Sheesh this award might as well get put into the bin if that's the best the NBA has to offer right now.
Exactly. Just because a guy can take over the game defensively doesn't mean his cumulative efforts were worthy of DPoY over an entire season. If that were the criteria, Lebron would have won it like ten times over his career.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Exactly. Just because a guy can take over the game defensively doesn't mean his cumulative efforts were worthy of DPoY over an entire season. If that were the criteria, Lebron would have won it like ten times over his career.
the NBA needs a couple of Tony Allen's, James Posey's and Bruce Bowen's. I know with the current rules they would probably foul out in one or two quarters but that toughness and nasty is severely lacking in the game and it's a shame.

the NBA needs a couple of Tony Allen's, James Posey's and Bruce Bowen's. I know with the current rules they would probably foul out in one or two quarters but that toughness and nasty is severely lacking in the game and it's a shame.
Their teams would also lose and they'd be paid like a vets min because they contribute little on offense. Well, at least in Allen's case.

Status
Not open for further replies.